• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #6 - Tribal Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Yes, I may need a new pose. I asked some people, seems like they dont like the right hand. But if ya think the whole pose is wierd, then I need to make a new.

I thought about something like that:
Eagle2small.jpg

I think you don't have to change much and the leatherglove would fit the rest of the clothes.

Level 22
Again, most of it seems too refined for the theme shiiK envisioned.

1. How do you know what Shiik envisioned, are you Shiik?

2. A highly sophisticated race could still have a tribal social ecosystem.

3. The theme doesn't dictate they have to be from a real tribe or race.

I thought about something like that:
Eagle2small.jpg

I think you don't have to change much and the leatherglove would fit the rest of the clothes.

Lol....:ogre_hurrhurr:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

PeeKay, your concept is turning out increasingly sci-fi, and that's not the direction it should be going. These people mainly have their hands to make equipment and clothes with.

so. i lurk around the arena forum and i see this thread.

long story short. you want me to judge? not participating myself cos all the concept art contests has been turning out shit. like you know. like bob mentioned. people not fucking following the theme. you know.

oh. and i have no time to draw

You're hired!

1. How do you know what Shiik envisioned, are you Shiik?
We've discussed it, in this thread and in chat. If people can't see what my vision is, then I've been doing a poor job explaining it. It's not supposed to be clouded.

2. A highly sophisticated race could still have a tribal social ecosystem.
Yes, but that would only partially be tribal, hence not tribal and not acceptable.

3. The theme doesn't dictate they have to be from a real tribe or race.
Not a documented tribe, and not a documented race, but there has to be no doubt the character is tribal.

Level 49
Lil more rough workout.. I guess im far from end of this, but still love it :)

Also face reworked.

Looks too golden and flashy for a tribal princess, honestly.

Well, shiik, i guess tribe society can easy have a smith technologies.
Part of idea is a Xerxes style from 300. Don't think that is realy breaks contest theme.

...The Persians are not a tribe, they're a fuckin' EMPIRE.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, shiik, i guess tribe society can easy have a smith technologies.
Part of idea is a Xerxes style from 300. Don't think that is realy breaks contest theme.

I'm not sure blacksmithing is viable, but gold, silver, copper and bronze were used in the Bronze Age (for the most part, tribes fit this level of development technology-wise, even though there are tribes today that are more modern, and there were tribes before the Bronze Age as well - the Stone Age is perhaps even more common as reference) for instance. However, it was hardly as refined as you've depicted it. Everything was hammered into the shape they are in, so try to represent that in your work. And as people stated already, the first Persian Empire (sauce) ain't no tribe.

Level 49
Well, there is few moments i would love you explain.
1. Princess - a part of monarchy society, so, tribes can have chieftans and thier wifes. Etc.
2. Ancient empires, if we ignore some political moments, can be easy shown as tribe, cuz of thier appearance and thier mythical point about world organisation. So, they can be empire that includes magic, shamanity, gods in thier world understanding.

Anyway, i said i constructed my concept somewhere around the 300 style, that not means i see persian as wild tribe empire :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

No, you're not listening. The materials you are using are inconsistent with the term tribal. Arguing is futile, you will have to adjust or your entry will not be considered. It is that simple, I'm not going to spoon-feed you what is allowed and what is not. Your current design is not tribal.

Level 49
2. Ancient empires, if we ignore some political moments, can be easy shown as tribe, cuz of thier appearance and thier mythical point about world organisation. So, they can be empire that includes magic, shamanity, gods in thier world understanding.

Tribal means Africans, Native Americans, Eskimos, etc. A small group of people, usually consisting of a physical leader (chieftain), some hunters, some warriors and perhaps a spiritual leader(e.g, a shaman). Women are usually seen as lower than men, and are mostly used for reproduction and 'homely' activities, such as taking care of the young, gathering berries and fruits, and sewing\tanning\leatherworking. This is, of course, not true for all tribes; The Amazon tribe comes to mind in which this 'rule' does not apply. A princess, if so, would be either a strong, female leader - Or a beautiful woman, destined to marry the chieftain. Or, perhaps, even both. It all comes down to imagination.

Now, what YOU are drawing is definitely not tribal. Even if a primitive tribe WOULD manage to acquire gold and silk(that is extremely doubtful, though), they could not possibly refine it to such a high quality, and sew it(or whatever) to look so beautiful. Tribals are most often depicted as wearing low-quality leather, furs, feathers, bones, etc. I suppose that this is what shiiK is saying. And since shiiK is the host of the contest, as well as the person who came up with the idea(I think?), I think you better listen to him, else you'll probably end up being disqualified. And that is a shame, because the quality of your work is very high.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, thank you Deolrin.

As the deadline is coming up soon, the question arise where are all the entries? There are two possible reasons for this. People have expressed dislike for the theme, and I suspect this is what's bothering the most people. There's nothing to be done about that at this point, it can only be improved for the next contest. However, the other viable reason is lack of time. If this is the case, an extension could provide people with that time. Therefore, I need to know exactly how many of you will make an entry if given a month more time, how many would do with two weeks and how many would do with two months. If you doubt you will do it, I don't want to know, but if you think you will or are sure you will, then please let me know.

Will you make an entry if you are given two weeks, a month or two months more time?

Level 49
Tribal means Africans, Native Americans, Eskimos, etc. A small group of people, usually consisting of a physical leader (chieftain), some hunters, some warriors and perhaps a spiritual leader(e.g, a shaman). Women are usually seen as lower than men, and are mostly used for reproduction and 'homely' activities, such as taking care of the young, gathering berries and fruits, and sewing\tanning\leatherworking. This is, of course, not true for all tribes; The Amazon tribe comes to mind in which this 'rule' does not apply. A princess, if so, would be either a strong, female leader - Or a beautiful woman, destined to marry the chieftain. Or, perhaps, even both. It all comes down to imagination.

Now, what YOU are drawing is definitely not tribal. Even if a primitive tribe WOULD manage to acquire gold and silk(that is extremely doubtful, though), they could not possibly refine it to such a high quality, and sew it(or whatever) to look so beautiful. Tribals are most often depicted as wearing low-quality leather, furs, feathers, bones, etc. I suppose that this is what shiiK is saying. And since shiiK is the host of the contest, as well as the person who came up with the idea(I think?), I think you better listen to him, else you'll probably end up being disqualified. And that is a shame, because the quality of your work is very high.

Well, listen please. Most of tribes today are technologicaly equiped. And also, then a problem with contest first post image, where shown silk dressed asian woman at marble throne with golden (maybe bronze) light jars. Aswell the point you reviewed are too premitive and looks more like wild stone age human creatures, where any kind of metals are technologicaly higher than thier current point.

If we have as a theme premitive tribes, then let shiik and judges review a first post.

I thought we can easy make some special conditions, like reservations where tribes live nearly with a hi-tech human\non-human civilisations, or, maybe, some kind of cataclisms that destroyed hi-tech civilisations and forced some sort of social degradation into tribal society ogranisation with warriors, hunters, shamans, etc.
elseif
Whatever we are, i guess, artists there, that has some ideas. If contest rules abuse a artist - artist will be not able show his skill for max level.
Check NFWar's work, his princess weared in bolted tanned leather jacket, that technologicaly was made far-far away from stone age, where a greater technologicaly level maximaly alows use fury leathers of wild animals as it is.

Anyway, i guess i can change my work in some more premitive, but i think our contest host is a lil conservative in his opinion :(

Level 23
Basically I first had the time to compete, but then I got sick of the rules, not of the rules actually, but of the rule-bending and loopholing that started right after. (this refers not the actual participants, but all those that have the tendency to simply search for holes for the sake of being ubercreative whatevers - or simply kind of trolling. LOOPHOLES are NOT CREATIVE [in most cases])
Still, basically I am very interested in participating and - by all means - I would like to finish my concept for the contest, because I really like my idea.
As for now, I am occupied with important exams till 10th of February. So an extension that would include February would be fine for me. Though I would not be opposed to an extension that last longer, I would be happy with that.

Level 22
It doesn't say... "This mother fucking entry has to be based on a concept of any actual tribe between 100 B.C. and 1200 A.D."

Why are you and Deolrin gang-banging PeeKay, and why are you making such a big deal out of it, because you know you are going to lose? I'm confused. Don't take offense to that, but it seems like the truth to me. It's as if no one here has watched a sci-fi movie before.

I got your back PeeKay.

Edit: Me and M0rbid posted at the exact same time lol.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If this contest was exclusive to human characters, it would be fairly easy to just say the design has to be consistent with the "technology" available prior to 1000BC. However, if I set a date like that for a contest where any fantasy species are allowed, you could just loophole and say hey, my species were totally a galactic super-power by 1000BC, surely they had guns and spaceships!

Also, I am aware the contest image is (was) slightly off mark. It was the best I could do in such short notice. Changed.

thwcac6p-guineverekeiraknightley.png
thwcac6p-markmolnar.png
Can't use because somebody would argue King Arthur, and thus Guinevere, lived in the 5th-6th century, and that this and that was available.Can't use because neck rings suggests refined metal and coat looks modern.
thwcac6p-mjdigitalart-d2zrlx8.png
thwcac6p-luisroyo.png
Overly cliché and/or directly indicative of native Americans and therefore giving a limited idea of what tribal can mean.Ritual or throne room suggests post-tribal society, silk gown enforcing that impression further. Otherwise visually tribal and gives a good representation of a princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Me, as I have been keeping an eye on this topic, find that there is too much debate on the theme and how close drawings are to theme. I see a very simple solution: As long if the drawing doesn't extermly go off the topic(Like a woman wearing jeans and talking with phone for example) its the judges choice how much points they give for theme and/or for concept. If they find it totally not fitting theme they just give nothing for theme. But there are still more points to judge than just following 100% theme. Thats my opinion.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

In that case theme would need to weigh more so that following the theme would ensure a better placing than a pretty artwork of something unrelated.

I suppose you could have something like theme X points out of 5. And then multiply the other criteria scores with the theme score. Thus making an entry not following the theme score 0 regardless of the other criteria, while an entry that is perfect for the theme has a score five times his, um, talent.

Level 2
Well yes and now rises question: Will there be objections, if the theme importance is increased? How much are we into each of those judging points? I personally find that 10% seems little bit less, maybe 20% and reduce concept cause that also involves how well you use the theme.

Yes, thank you Deolrin.

As the deadline is coming up soon, the question arise where are all the entries? There are two possible reasons for this. People have expressed dislike for the theme, and I suspect this is what's bothering the most people. There's nothing to be done about that at this point, it can only be improved for the next contest. However, the other viable reason is lack of time. If this is the case, an extension could provide people with that time. Therefore, I need to know exactly how many of you will make an entry if given a month more time, how many would do with two weeks and how many would do with two months. If you doubt you will do it, I don't want to know, but if you think you will or are sure you will, then please let me know.

Will you make an entry if you are given two weeks, a month or two months more time?

You know me well, I'M ALWAYS UP FOR A CONCEPT ART COMPETITION! But yeah, with my portfolio, I need to be done with it for the beginning of March, and sign myself for university... blablabla, I don't have much time for this one sadly, so IF I do get into it, it will be a flat lineart drawing with basic colours probably... :O

blablabla, this THEME ROCKS HARD! so it's definitely time

Level 49
Why are you and Deolrin gang-banging PeeKay, and why are you making such a big deal out of it, because you know you are going to lose? I'm confused. Don't take offense to that, but it seems like the truth to me. It's as if no one here has watched a sci-fi movie before.

I'm not participating. I can't draw for shit.
All I'm saying is that his current entry\WIP looks more like an ACTUAL princess, one that lives in huge castles with hundreds of servants and whatnot, and not like a tribal princess.
I'm merely spectating, supporting the opinions of the people who I think are right, and pointing out what I think is wrong. You guys can completely ignore me if you want. I won't mind.

You know me well, I'M ALWAYS UP FOR A CONCEPT ART COMPETITION! But yeah, with my portfolio, I need to be done with it for the beginning of March, and sign myself for university... blablabla, I don't have much time for this one sadly, so IF I do get into it, it will be a flat lineart drawing with basic colours probably... :O

blablabla, this THEME ROCKS HARD! so it's definitely time

But why can't you draw something for the contest, AS WELL as for your portfolio? Won't anything you draw count as part of your portfolio? Or do you need to make\finish specific drawings for your portfolio? :O

Level 49
Ritual or throne room suggests post-tribal society, silk gown enforcing that impression further. Otherwise visually tribal and gives a good representation of a princess.
You make loopholes by this explaining, cuz, no, this image realy far from tribal (actualy for current theme), and then, ofc, breakes 'visually' tribalness of this princess.

Also, please, explain me these moments:

Orcs in warhammer 40k are tribes, right? Using guns, chainsaws, hammers, swords, polearms and war technique basing on motors and oil. Yes, no? So, it makes them hi-tech tribal creatures that can have some female princess.

At XVI age american wasteland was full of tribal yankee, that was equiped with shotguns and, ofc, with metallic equip part. Also, they weared leggins, clothed shoes and used equip for thier horses.

Today, at XXI age african tribes uses AK47 and other military equip, but still tribal.

Some tribal africans has, aswell, metallic rings on the neck, like on upper right on images u posted before.

Anyway, i guess you realy abuse this contest cuz of too strange rules. Explain us. please, how YOU see tribes and should it be based on any LOR, or we, as artists, can trun on our fantasy and work as we see it?

Anyway, i wait for answer. Just only cuz i'm confused by this conversation.
Just explain the theme, i don't want get disqualified or lowdropped for rule breaking, but yes, i guess every artist needs some freedom for not typical release of his art skills.

LOOPHOLES are NOT CREATIVE [in most cases])

Well, when someone will say you a word "technology", you will draw something like a metallic motor with great horse powers, etc.etc. Then the guy will say that he meant "technological rise" and you should make some ancient technology explaintion, like a first trains or, maybe, first cannons, for example, made from tree. I guess the theme needs more correct rule.

Level 2
Well I think RiotZ didn't ment photomanipulation. Maybe rather lets take an exsample: You take your inspiration from this picture

diii-female-barbarian%2Bheavy%2Bmetal%2Bwarriors.jpg

And you then design a maybe muscular dark elf warrior princess, who sits on a throne and leans towards while holding 2 daggers.
But the first idea you got from that picture to make and muscular female warrior, but you put that idea to another concept.

Level 22
Well I think RiotZ didn't ment photomanipulation. Maybe rather lets take an exsample: You take your inspiration from this picture

diii-female-barbarian%2Bheavy%2Bmetal%2Bwarriors.jpg

And you then design a maybe muscular dark elf warrior princess, who sits on a throne and leans towards while holding 2 daggers.
But the first idea you got from that picture to make and muscular female warrior, but you put that idea to another concept.

I more so meant to copy an image of something real, or someone else's concept, and draw a very similar design to it... The only way I'm good at drawing is if the concept is already available to me, and I can follow it, because my head is so erratic working out the design on paper, and maintaining the idea in my head is impossible. :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Note sure I follow what you mean, Riot, could you provide an example? With both "inspiration" and your final result?

Anyway, PeeKay, I did try to clarify when I mentioned the part about 1000BC being the upper barrier for humans. Anything newer than 1000BC is unacceptable. Everything involving humans before 1000BC is tribal. You want to use equivalent stages in the evolution of your chosen species. Hand-crafted equipment and clothes.

Level 22
Note sure I follow what you mean, Riot, could you provide an example? With both "inspiration" and your final result?

Anyway, PeeKay, I did try to clarify when I mentioned the part about 1000BC being the upper barrier for humans. Anything newer than 1000BC is unacceptable. Everything involving humans before 1000BC is tribal. You want to use equivalent stages in the evolution of your chosen species. Hand-crafted equipment and clothes.

What if I drew an exact copy of something freehand, real, or drawn by someone else, that would be a plagiarism and against the rules correct?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, it would be plagiarism.

I've updated the first post with a more extensive theme description. The problem with describing the theme so elaborately is that it will both create more loopholes and put a lock on creativity. But, it seems necessary.

Level 49

Next time try fix this in contest rules, ok? Before someone spent 20 hours on work, ok?

{EDIT}
Cuz currently NO ONE followed contest theme.

Level 49
Meh. I'm not sure if I like the whole thing with 1000BC. I mean, Fallout has some fairly tribal people, and it's a post-apocalyptic setting. This time I am forced to side with PeeKay, but only about this.

Now, Peekay. Your examples are valid from the 'technological' point of view, but did you ever see a tribal African woman wearing rich gold jewelry and expensive clothes? Although they do have 'technology', they don't have the ability to create such high-quality items. Sure, they can import some cheap AK47s from god knows where, but I doubt they can mass-produce them, or get some proper clothes. For example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Somali_Pirates.jpg
Those guys definitely don't look like they can afford a proper jacket and jeans. They all wear ugly, old clothes, despite having a ship and weapons. Your princess is dressed like a noble in some high society. Like an elven battlemage or something.

Cuz currently NO ONE followed contest theme.

Oh, wonderful, now he's just mad.

Level 49
Your princess is dressed like a noble in some high society. Like an elven battlemage or something.

Surely, and there is a moment that most of tribal population are poor and wild. But thier PRINCESS (mostly rich and wonderful woman) should be dressed as a princess, so, if we take north scandinavian setting, they should have mostly wonderful dress, like rare fur.
Also, who says that tribal society are not rougues that live only cuz of steal and gang. In setting that shiik fixed it is not possible cuz is no one higher civilisation around, which traders can be ganged for gold\silk\diamonds, etc. Elseif in any kind of society, tribal too, the highest persons are always best dressed and has a lot of items that shows thier power.

{EDIT}
Also, there is real fun about a theme that accepts different races and thier culture but rejects a different timesetting.

Level 49
Yeah, but a lot of items that show their power in relation to the rest of the tribe's power. So if most of the tribespeople wear deer hides and rabbit furs, the princess would wear, e.g., a tiger's hide, or a mammoth's hide, or a bear's hide, or something like that. Not to mention a lot of colorful feathers and things like that.

Your princess is wearing SILK. Red, beautiful silk. That's not nearly the kind of stuff that any tribal person would wear.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It has always been "pre 1000BC" in terms of what your tribe has and can do. I just figured I'd type it in black on white (or light brown on dark brown anyway) because, apparently, sci-fi is also deemed as tribal and that was never the intention here. Bob suggested medieval and I wanted pre-medieval, therefore tribal. Would it be easier to understand if the theme was medieval (not that it would be the same, simply debating semantics here)? Or would it be just as irrelevant as tribal? Because the idea here was to set an era, a social status and a gender. Tribal (for humans, that is roughly pre 1000BC - well, more so 5000BC, but let's not be too picky), hereditary ruler (either "married", for lack of a better word, to another hereditary ruler or offspring of a ruler), female character. That's all there is to it.

Next time try fix this in contest rules, ok? Before someone spent 20 hours on work, ok?
I did. It's been clear all this time, really. But people dig for loopholes, as always. If you wanted to understand, you would've known what tribal princess meant, and we wouldn't have had this discussion.

Level 49
Yeah, but a lot of items that show their power in relation to the rest of the tribe's power. So if most of the tribespeople wear deer hides and rabbit furs, the princess would wear, e.g., a tiger's hide, or a mammoth's hide, or a bear's hide, or something like that. Not to mention a lot of colorful feathers and things like that.

Your princess is wearing SILK. Red, beautiful silk. That's not nearly the kind of stuff that any tribal person would wear.

If the timesetting set, for example, at XV age, there was araabic\greek traders, also, english traders, and thier ways passes wild places where are tribes living. So, tribal hunters\warriors was able to rob them and steal gold equipment, silk pattern, etc.

Also, we should say that elder silk material was found in chinese tombs at 200-400B.C, history says that first of silk material was made at 2000B.C, so, there is true way that some not too premivial tribes was able to dress thier princess with silk.

First metallurgy was found at 6000B.C, so, there is true and easy way that tribes was able equip thier princess with gold. And yep, only far south tribes was out of range with trade passes. Also, only cuz of that they are still tribe and wild for a long time.

It has always been "pre 1000BC" in terms of what your tribe has and can do. I just figured I'd type it in black on white (or light brown on dark brown anyway) because, apparently, sci-fi is also deemed as tribal and that was never the intention here. Bob suggested medieval and I wanted pre-medieval, therefore tribal. Would it be easier to understand if the theme was medieval (not that it would be the same, simply debating semantics here)? Or would it be just as irrelevant as tribal? Because the idea here was to set an era, a social status and a gender. Tribal (for humans, that is roughly pre 1000BC - well, more so 5000BC, but let's not be too picky), hereditary ruler (either "married", for lack of a better word, to another hereditary ruler or offspring of a ruler), female character. That's all there is to it.

Then you should say next time black on white "PRE1000BC, PREMIVIAL TRIBAL PRINCESS" or at least DONT post asian woman in a temple on a theme pic. That would be right, not wrong. And realy, check the moment, where NFWar's concept is too out of theme. And you don't noticed it. You don't noticed that my concept is too out of concept theme. Tell me please, if you're concept host, it is in your order to help us stay inside of theme?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

No, it is not my duty to help you stay within theme, it is merely my duty to open the contest and answer questions regarding the theme or the contest rules. NFWar's entry is not "out of theme", it is hand-crafted armour made with leather and fur.

As for being specific with the theme; it was my impression that people had the same understanding of the term tribal, and that tribal meant people living in a tribe. I also specified that the moment a farm comes along, it is no longer a tribe. I did not expect at all to find people suggesting sci-fi solutions to this theme. Also, by specifying 1000BC (which ONLY functions as help to understand what is meant with tribal), I would've stopped people from making their own fantasy societies and whatnot, because it sounds like it has to be historically accurate to the letter.

Moreover, there were temples 1000BC so it is not an entirely unlikely scenario for the time, PeeKay, it is just not as raw and barbaric as you would expect a tribal princess to be. I replaced it not because it was wrong, but because it was misleading.

Level 49
Then you should say next time black on white "PRE1000BC, PREMIVIAL TRIBAL PRINCESS" or at least DONT post asian woman in a temple on a theme pic. That would be right, not wrong. And realy, check the moment, where NFWar's concept is too out of theme. And you don't noticed it. You don't noticed that my concept is too out of concept theme. Tell me please, if you're concept host, it is in your order to help us stay inside of theme?

NFWar's latest concept includes like... A leather bra and a fur skirt, with some feathers. At least the one he has shown me in Skype. I don't see how that's outside the theme.

As for the whole 'silk' thing; How would the tribe craft the silk into such an elegant dress? If they found it in-tact, shouldn't it be a bit loose? Or small? How come it's exactly in her size?

Either way, just come on. Deal with it. Your entry is unacceptable right now. Change it and be done with it. Why do you have to argue so much? The contest host told you that your entry cannot be accepted, and therefore, it cannot be accepted. There's no point in arguing.

Oh, and one more thing. The "Mimic" model contest had the image of Admiral Akbar, from Star Wars, because he is renowned for his quote: "IT'S A TRAP!", which fits perfectly with the contest's theme. The quote wasn't even on the image. The image on the front page is not necessarily supposed to be an example of what you're supposed to do for the contest, but rather to spice up the contest's front page a bit, or to give people the general idea.

Level 22
No, it is not my duty to help you stay within theme, it is merely my duty to open the contest and answer questions regarding the theme or the contest rules. NFWar's entry is not "out of theme", it is hand-crafted armour made with leather and fur.

As for being specific with the theme; it was my impression that people had the same understanding of the term tribal, and that tribal meant people living in a tribe. I also specified that the moment a farm comes along, it is no longer a tribe. I did not expect at all to find people suggesting sci-fi solutions to this theme. Also, by specifying 1000BC (which ONLY functions as help to understand what is meant with tribal), I would've stopped people from making their own fantasy societies and whatnot, because it sounds like it has to be historically accurate to the letter.

Moreover, there were temples 1000BC so it is not an entirely unlikely scenario for the time, PeeKay, it is just not as raw and barbaric as you would expect a tribal princess to be. I replaced it not because it was wrong, but because it was misleading.

She has an intricately forged metal belt connecting the tunic and skirt (or whatever you want to call it) and an arm cuff, which would also require metallurgy skills.

Also you specifically state in this sentence that tribal means the person must be in a tribe, that doesn't limit technological aspects, I could join a tribe in Africa, and bring my laptop, and pose, and you could draw a picture of me... Do you see my point? You're really trying to read too much into this, and when you do that, there end up being a million contradictions, especially in the wips, for instance someone posted a picture of a tribal princess wearing neck rings, which as you stated earlier, indicates skills in metallurgy which a tribe would not possess. Also the rules, (which I assume you have changed) state that the items being used should be hand-crafted, every single thing I have outlined, and you have outlined can be hand crafted.

This argument is so underdeveloped.

Level 51
One thing I'd like to understand though guys...

WHY THE HECK ARE YOU SO BITCHING AROUND ABOUT THE CONTEST THEME?!

I mean wtf. Why just don't leave it "TRIBAL" and let everyone interpret them their own way, everyone who could think a bit wouldn't make something that fit's SO BADLY as you guys describe it.

You are limiting everyone so much, I just don't understand it. I'm not a artist myself but what the hell. If someone makes something that does fit SO BADLY then tell him. But seriously, let the guys have their fun designing their concept arts or don't open up such a contest where every little piece of gold you add somewhere is considered as bad and your entry gets disqualifiied -.-

Level 49
As for the whole 'silk' thing; How would the tribe craft the silk into such an elegant dress? If they found it in-tact, shouldn't it be a bit loose? Or small? How come it's exactly in her size?

Either way, just come on. Deal with it. Your entry is unacceptable right now. Change it and be done with it. Why do you have to argue so much? The contest host told you that your entry cannot be accepted, and therefore, it cannot be accepted. There's no point in arguing.

Oh, and one more thing. The "Mimic" model contest had the image of Admiral Akbar, from Star Wars, because he is renowned for his quote: "IT'S A TRAP!", which fits perfectly with the contest's theme. The quote wasn't even on the image. The image on the front page is not necessarily supposed to be an example of what you're supposed to do for the contest, but rather to spice up the contest's front page a bit, or to give people the general idea.

As you can see it is far longer than she's growth, cuz it is kimono, that was unknown how to wear it in thier society, so, cuz of that it weared as a skirt that is far-far longer, than she is. Its the first moment.

The contest host should notice me before i spent a lot of time to this work. Rly, such things makes me stunned and insults me.

Well, the contest first topic anyway should make some example of a work, or don't be associated with the contest theme at all. This is my point. And yes, i guess contest host or judges MUST help members to stay inside of theme.

About NFWar, there is much more technologicaly rised equipment, that includes some sort of metallic parts (or parts that on scetch looks like metallic), and some sort of modern clothworks, that was able only at medivial age. Tanned cloth needs realy doubtful work to make it. And tribe society was not able to provide this as some sort of craft. Also check these sweet cloth loops that holds cloth thread. This is, for sure, breaks contest rules like a mine, cuz of a refine. Will you accept this?

P.S as it is ART contest, should be nudity alowed as a art direction?

Anyway, as i said, i will try myself in this contest. Just for next time i hope host will be more competent and responsible, than shiik is. No agression. Just you confused and insulted me. Now let u tell me if this scetch breaks contest rules too? :ogre_rage:

Attachments

• Fucking tribal princess v3.jpg
    Fucking tribal princess v3.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 2,174
Last edited:
Level 49
new wips.

Also, deolerin, maybe you right, but there i guess you will accept my opinion that shiik knew, that i'm working out of contest theme but didn't said that, and cuz of that i spent a lot of time for nothing.

Attachments

• Fucking tribal princess v31.jpg
    Fucking tribal princess v31.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 1,619
  • Fucking tribal princess v22.jpg
    Fucking tribal princess v22.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,212
Status
Not open for further replies.