• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #6 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
""Theme
1/10
Theme was not followed. When I see this, I see Fifth Element. That is FAR from being tribal. The theme of princess also has not been shown. There is nothing that implies royalty at all."

I'm not sure if you're a troll judge or not. Can't an alien be tribal? Something like ancient draenei? They don't just appear with hi-tech from the start you know. And yet i can understand that part, even though i don't entirely agree with it. What i don't understand is how can't you see royalty.
1. The rings on her neck. There was an African tribe, if i remember correctly, where women put metal rings on their necks, because it was considered that the more rings a woman had on her neck, the more beautiful she was. This princess has quite alot of rings.
2. The posture. Have you ever seen a country-woman or anything but royalty with such posture?
3. The clothes. While they might not represent tribal so much, they are still very neat and clean, the thing that only a priestess or a princess might have, especially in a tribe. And i can't see why a princess of the tribe couldn't have clothes made from something you don't usually find among ancient tribes. Since, well, she IS a princess. If it would be tribal clan-leader or something, then it would be one thing. A princess though is something a bit more sophisticated than a simple jungle-girl or chieftains daughter. The word "princess" usually implies monarchy and middle ages, along with tribal it should mean not as civilized as that, but not monkey-people either.
"

thats what i wanted to say too, it looks tribal for me, it's subjective, maybe u didnt watch enough documentaries about africans tribes or amazonian tribes...

Level 16
~ Quotes: Brought to you by the "Artist" ~

----

Observe, as the wild "artist" frolics among the winners, who, by all accounts, did much better than he. The wild "artist" now stalks his prey, hoping to strike by using a well known tactic. The "everyone else's was worse than mine" tactic. Unfortunately, this tactic has not proved as evolutionarily viable as others. Grace, style, and grammatical skill have not been a fully developed, evolutionary, by the "artist" species.

Unfortunately, this species is quickly becoming extinct, due to the complete and utter inability to properly hunt down prey. Watch, as the much more evolved "judge" species protects their young from the "artist" by using a very well known and useful defensive tactic known as "intelligence."

The only thing left for the "artist" species is to turn over on it's back and cry like a small child for 4 days. Among the worst cases, the "artist" species has even been known to spout words such as "boy" and "kid" in rapid succession in an attempt to degrade the much more powerful "judge" species. Unfortunately for the "artist," this makes him a complete and utter idiot.

As you can see, this stray "artist" is on it's last legs. Watch, as it limps around hopelessly until finally retreating before death.

This presentation brought to you by the Hive Geographic and is funded by users like you.

Funniest thing I've seen in months.

And judging seemed fine. I personally voted for Peekays, but now that the judges pointed out the flaws it makes sense. This is why I didn't judge the contest, the judges are actually studying art and can see things the layman can't. Respect the judges, they do actually know what they're doing.

Level 6
Is there a reason that none of the entries are posted in any of the competitions or is it just me that missed the competition itself and just saw the results? Still there should be a link to somewhere we could see the entries :p

Level 6
Thx...omg i had just finnished writing my personal review of all the entries and i managed to close the wrong tab so it all disapeared-.- god dammit! But anyways rly good job, i too think PeeKay shouldve won, but i see how you could argument otherwise, rly a shame Dizzt didn't finnish it looked like a very good start and Mr.Goblin, dude, you should make a whole race of those, i am so fucking impressed, u r obviously a skilled artist, that goes for all the contestants, but especially Goblin and PeeKay!! Amazing work guys!!
I understand it was a Concept art competition so thats probably why many don't quite understand the results, but in my book Mr.Goblin and PeeKay u shared 1st place! :p

......careface? Then why did u read it in the first place?^^

Status
Not open for further replies.