Art & Graphics Design Moderator
- May 26, 2008
Image is courtesy of Tu Ngoc do
THE YOUNGEST (or) OLDEST WARRIOR
Create a unique warrior, very young or very old, NOT based on a narrative universe that already exists (Warcraft, Harry Potter, LoTR, etc.). The concept-art must portray one of the two different possibilities: Perhaps a cunning reckless padawan that became a warrior against all odds. Or, the old experienced force of nature that is the oldest warrior? Get wild with your ideas! Make an old space kung fu master or a young guerrilla children warrior - anything is possible!
What is a Warrior? A person engaged or experienced in warfare; broadly: a person engaged in some struggle or conflict.
- Submissions must follow the contest theme.
- Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
- Teamwork is not allowed. Such can be detailed and technical cooperation, like reviewing, which is prohibited. Smaller, subjective feedback is not considered as teamwork and is allowed.
- Post 2 WorkInProgresses (WIPs) in the contest thread during the contest process. It should be clear that you are working on the submission.
- Post your final entry in the contest thread before contest is over. The post should be a little presentation, having your submission attached.
- Judges may not participate.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
- Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
- Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
- Judges: 5 reputation points
- Mrs. Available
|Does the artist take advantage of the theme, or is the vision unfitting?||/10|
|Does the artist display the design in an effective manner, or is it hard to tell what is what? Are artistic techniques used effectively to make the character interesting, or does the style deteriorate the concept? Is the appearance of the design objectively pleasing, or is it of low quality?||/25|
|Does the design offer a new creative approach, or is it generic and cliché? Does it have character, or is it just another boring design? Does the design make sense and fit the description, or is it necessary to read the title to understand?||/40|
|Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?||/25|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
- The contest shall begin on February 28nd 2018, 8:00 GMT and conclude on EXTENDED TILL THE 15th of APRIL 2018, 21:00, GMT
Assigned Staff: Mr.Goblin
The Poll | Results