Art & Graphics Design Moderator
- May 26, 2008
Image is courtesy of iSOLence
Create a Genie and its container. The character should NOT be based on a narrative universe that already exists (Aladdin, Harry Potter, Dragonball, etc.). The concept-art must portray the character of the Genie coming out of its container (lamp, chest, bottle, etc.): Think of a Misty Fox figure trapped inside a music box or a fire looking demon stuck in a microwave. Get wild with your ideas, anything is possible!
What is a Genie?:
A spirit of Arabian folklore , as traditionally depicted imprisoned within a bottle or oil lamp, and capable of granting wishes when summoned.
- Submissions must follow the contest theme.
- Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
- Teamwork is not allowed. Such can be detailed and technical cooperation, like reviewing, which is prohibited. Smaller, subjective feedback is not considered as teamwork and is allowed.
- Post 2 Work In Progresses (WIPs) in the contest thread during the contest process. It should be clear that you are working on the submission.
- Your entry should be at least 75% hand drawn for it to be accepted.
- Post your final entry in the contest thread before contest is over. The post should be a little presentation, having your submission attached.
- Judges may not participate.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
- Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
- Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
- Judges: 5 reputation points
|Does the artist take advantage of the theme, or is the vision unfitting?||/10|
|Does the artist display the design in an effective manner, or is it hard to tell what is what? Are artistic techniques used effectively to make the character interesting, or does the style deteriorate the concept? Is the appearance of the design objectively pleasing, or is it of low quality?||/25|
|Does the design offer a new creative approach, or is it generic and cliché? Does it have character, or is it just another boring design? Does the design make sense and fit the description, or is it necessary to read the title to understand?||/40|
|Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?||/25|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
- The contest shall begin on June 17th 2019, GMT and has been extended, it will now conclude on the The 16th of August 2019, GMT
Assigned Staff: Mr.Goblin
Last edited by a moderator: