• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Comic Contest #1 POLL

Which comic was best?

• [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/876311-post325.html]LightBloOD's Submission[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/840623-post217.html]onisaiyan808's Submission[/url]

• [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/838469-post159.html]Scyth-Master's Submission[/url]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hive Workshop

Comic Contest #1 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the latest Comic Contest. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You can not vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You can not create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.

Last edited:
Level 9
You have to be really dull not the sense the sarcasam in that comment.

Level 26
My comic doesn't count...?

Nevertheless, I shall persist in judging each and every one of these comics with an unbiased view!

The_Silent
Appearance - It's not a masterpiece, but art in comics generally starts mattering less and less the more easily you can make out characters. 12/15
Technique - What the fuck is technique? 8/10
Colour - Shouldn't this be a part of "Appearance"? Unless this and the before category are subsets of "Appearance". This whole criteria thing is really ambiguous. Oh well. 4/5
Creativity - It has Naruto in it. 0/10
Storyline - It has me in it. 10/10

Okay, I'm already tired of judging. Good luck guys.

Level 26
I voted frostwhisper's. It's just better. It has a brilliant punchline, the art is satisfactory, the delivery in the form of poetry was a good idea, and it covers a particular topic I'm familiar with without seeming boring or cliched, which means the world when the theme is basically Hive satire. If I've any complaints, it's that frostwhisper's comic didn't really adhere to the theme of Hive in real life, but who's to blame him? It's a pretty mundane theme.

Level 6
Hey, guys, i'm rly sorry.

I was going to wote communist orc's comic, since i think it's nice (i am in myself too)
And then i voted myself, i'm on the spot right below, is there any way to undo the stupid mistake? so sorry.

It was because my mouse is rly fucked up and jumps forth and back when moving it.

Hey, guys, i'm rly sorry.

I was going to wote communist orc's comic, since i think it's nice (i am in myself too)
And then i voted myself, i'm on the spot right below, is there any way to undo the stupid mistake? so sorry.

It was because my mouse is rly fucked up and jumps forth and back when moving it.

You can get a moderator to fix your mistake. So I've done so.

And why isnt my comic in this? remake poll :)

there: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/839547-post186.html

Remake the poll? You're kidding right?

I'll just add you to it.

Level 9
Frosty's didnt follow the theme, i agree.
The Hive was supposed to be portrayed as a real place not a message board...

Level 27
I find Frostie's very qualified, and I find it HIGHLY inappropriate that you are bringing this up now, only when he has a massive amount of votes, and not in the actual Contest thread.
While it didn't follow the theme word for word, who gives a care? I know that if you did, you would have spoken up earlier instead of when he's beating you all. It's pretty plain and obvious that you care more about his votes, not the legality of his submission.
--donut3.5--

Level 9
Donut, i did not meen for my comment to be offensive.
And i am not bringing this up because of his number of votes. Really the thought had never crossed my mind til Just_Spectating mentioned it. I am sorry for frustrating you but the theme was to create a comic based around that the hive is a real place not just a board. Frosty's clearly states that it is a forum. I am not trying to argue just stating this fact.
I don't care about his number of votes, if frosty wins then i congratulate him.
I am not a dick that only cares about winning, i am pointing out a flaw that we should have noticed earlier.
I am not asking for Frosty to be disqualified or anything obsurd like that, i am just bringing to your attention.
Besides i am right behind frosty in votes and either one of us could win.
And like just_spectating said why would he have brought up markone if we just cared about the votes.

@ Hawkwing. Next time please tell the other 13 submitees that those are "to help the lost" i am sure that would have changed some peoples submissions. And i thought rules were rules not just guidelines to help "the lost".

Once again,
I really don't care if Frosty's wins or not let alone if he "wasn't lost"
I am just bringing it to the moderators and would appriciate if in the next contest if the rules were a bit more clear.

Thank you for your time,
-Bane

Level 27
Why are people so rabid about disqualifications? x.x
This happened with the Concept Contest way back with Moyack, and it's happening again.
If the mods see something fit of disqualification, they will disqualify it. You don't need to pinpoint every detail, its very likely we've looked at them and have made our decisions already.
--donut3.5--

Level 6
I agree with the statement that frostwhisper's should have better backgraound story (sorry but i don't like it at all:( ) and i think kewlthis should not be disqualificated because of his -rep and *off-t.*i must say the polls here in hive are corrupt.

anyway my vote goes to mr.goblin, i just love his comic, because it is a REAL comic fitting the crits and so. gj man! (i also like communist_orc's but his comic has a bit...strange story=)

Status
Not open for further replies.