• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cave Exploring - The statues

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Cave Exploring - The Statues:

This map is again inspired by World of Warcraft, where you have to solve a riddle about lying statues. So that is, what this map is about.

You're an adventurer and stumble into a cave filled with statues. A text engraved in the wall tells you that only one of them speaks the truth about the others. The exit closes and you are stuck. Your only way of escaping is to find out which statue is lying.

It's a fairly simple map with a simple premise. I hope that it's still enjoyable tho.
If the riddle is too complicated or doesn't make any sense at some point, feel free to tell me about it. :)
Previews
Contents

Cave Exploring - The statues (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Some of the text appears too fast before able to read the previous. The jewel didn't disappear from the inventory so the Empress or her maidens didn't take it? There's no premise or background on where you are, why, who are you and the like. I mean...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Some of the text appears too fast before able to read the previous.
  2. The jewel didn't disappear from the inventory so the Empress or her maidens didn't take it?
  3. There's no premise or background on where you are, why, who are you and the like. I mean there seems to be in the quest log but a nice introductory cinematic scene would have been way more immersive.
All in all, quite lacking. Nothing's really happening. I thought there was some nice riddled trick but it's pretty obvious who the truth bearer is and you only need to write the name to win. First I thought you'd have to do quests for each statues to get more hints and stuff but no, not really.
Also, there's no exploration whatsoever, it's just a room, a big one if you will.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
  1. Some of the text appears too fast before able to read the previous.
  2. The jewel didn't disappear from the inventory so the Empress or her maidens didn't take it?
  3. There's no premise or background on where you are, why, who are you and the like. I mean there seems to be in the quest log but a nice introductory cinematic scene would have been way more immersive.
All in all, quite lacking. Nothing's really happening. I thought there was some nice riddled trick but it's pretty obvious who the truth bearer is and you only need to write the name to win. First I thought you'd have to do quests for each statues to get more hints and stuff but no, not really.
Also, there's no exploration whatsoever, it's just a room, a big one if you will.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

1. Yeah, that´s a problem. I usually let the text fly over too fast. I´ll make it a bit slower.
2. I didn`t really think about that, but it makes sense to me, thanks.
3. A cinematic... I thought about that, but I stuck to the quest log... because I was a bit lazy x)

Of course it`s simple and probably quite easy, but I just made it for fun and then decided to upload it. I never wanted to go for anything grand. Just a simple and quick map. Maybe I´ll make it a bit more complicated in future, but for now, it`s everything I expected it to be.
- Babsi