• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 3
When did you download the campaign?
I released a hotfix for this particular problem on 3rd January.

I dont exactly renember but it was back in December last year, but that you mention a fix, guess i have to download it again... thanks...

Level 8
In chapter 5 of the first book of the orcs the easy mode is broken, since the enemies have half the life, minus the Moghrart and my allies, EVEN the player owns half the life.
When you pass the BloodHand clan to your side, if an ally is attacking the base, you will continue to attack it even if you are converted to an ally

(Example, Rath accompanied me to destroy the leader of the BloodHand clan, then the BloodHand clan became my ally... But Rath destroyed the fortress and two barracks, the BloodHand clan never defended themselves from Rath, and because they cannot rebuild destroyed buildings... Well... let's say I had an ally who sent three grunts every time, occasionally with his hero)

Level 6
First Human Book Chapter 9:
-(not sure if intended) when you kill one of enemy heroes AFTER you destroy their town hall Renegade Orcs don't spawn
-troll batrider's model is invisible

game version is 1.31.1
and newwest campaign version

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
First Human Book Chpater 11:
-Troll Batrider's model is still invisible
-does unit "drake." have that dot for reason or its just error?
-Genestas always get baited by waves to tight spot and he can just block all waves here by himself
-sometimes whole waves just go trough middle of the map, say hi to firelord and go to another lane

newest campaign version
warcraft 1.31.1

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
First Human Book Chapter 9:
-(not sure if intended) when you kill one of enemy heroes AFTER you destroy their town hall Renegade Orcs don't spawn
-troll batrider's model is invisible

game version is 1.31.1
and newwest campaign version
1) Well, kinda intended since you having destroyed the hall is a very weakening move & the
renegades only spawn to weaken the AI so I guess I will keep it like that
- Yeah, damn Blizzard update, still gotta fix that, thanks!
First Human Book Chpater 11:
-Troll Batrider's model is still invisible
-does unit "drake." have that dot for reason or its just error?
-Genestas always get baited by waves to tight spot and he can just block all waves here by himself
-sometimes whole waves just go trough middle of the map, say hi to firelord and go to another lane

newest campaign version
warcraft 1.31.1
2) Not an error, it is named after good ol' @Drake. (who has the dot there for some reason)
3 & 4) Gotta take a look at that

Level 1
Hi again Shar, i just notice something in Chapter 3 (Rebellion) in SHB. I don't know if its bug or maybe not fix yet idk. But i notice that the Pyrrean Armies and others were not attacking me. I use cheat to see and monitor their base if they're producing units. But they didn't. My SHB is updated and my warcraft version is 1.31.1.

Level 3
Not sure about First Human Book, but in First Orc Book if we directly load into another mission without going sequentially ( i.e using the campaign launcher), the items on Heroes disappear! I mean, sure not much of an issue, but, Rangul without Scepter of Healing is not acceptable....at to me.

Last edited:
Level 3
So you mean you do not play the missions before and skip chapters?
That is bound to result in item and stat losses.
Nope. I completed the whole book ( without cheats ). After a few days, I launched the campaign, selected the last mission and after the cinematics, I came to know that all the items from Rangul, Vanessa and Rath were gone....*Whooshh* just like that.

Level 4
Does prologue cinematics of First books unplayable in 1.31? Game keeps crashing when I start prologue.

No problem with other missions though, I want to see it.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It's a rather weird bug that seems to happen to some people while most people seem to be spared
by it. I am not sure yet what causes it as it seems to be random whom it does occur to.
I have not been able to reproduce it myself yet.

If it keeps causing you trouble and you want to watch the prologue, I'll just leave links to YT
videos that include the interlude:
from @Jayborino

^if you want no commentary.

I will say that this prologue is not really a good example for Arkain cinematics quality anymore
in my opinion and I might overhaul it qualitywise when we reach the "True Story of Arkain".

Level 4
It's a rather weird bug that seems to happen to some people while most people seem to be spared
by it. I am not sure yet what causes it as it seems to be random whom it does occur to.
I have not been able to reproduce it myself yet.

If it keeps causing you trouble and you want to watch the prologue, I'll just leave links to YT
videos that include the interlude:
from @Jayborino

^if you want no commentary.

I will say that this prologue is not really a good example for Arkain cinematics quality anymore
in my opinion and I might overhaul it qualitywise when we reach the "True Story of Arkain".
I've stumbled upon very rare unfortunate case then... guess I'll just pass it.

Hope no more crashes. It seems more of a problem to 1.31, I kinda have same kinds of problems with other custom campaigns fitted with patches after 1.29

Last edited:
Level 4
So I played that prologue with 1.27b, and it worked.

Seems like 1.31's resolution problem or something, I think.

Level 6
upload_2020-5-7_20-37-40.png

those pegasus just went and almost cleared undead base lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Hello. Was playing First Human Book, got to Chapter 9 and it just goes into black screen forever. I didn't use cheats in any missions prior to this, also chose retreat mission 4, and helped Genethas in mission 8. Am using the latest campaign version there is atm.

I currently have an older WC 3 patch, 1.27.1.7085, can this be the cause?

Level 6
upload_2020-5-12_1-13-19.png

Is Darkmind clan suposed to attack Ghenestas base like that? for most of the game they were focusing on me and when i sniped Ghenestas town hall they just went here

Level 6
upload_2020-5-17_17-19-38.png

First bug: Units from those baracks are stuck ing the trees
upload_2020-5-17_17-27-46.png

Second bug: When you clear middle lane then Gnolls and Ogress just do all out assault (often deathbreeze clan joins). Ogres are using Sand Dragons , gnoles are using harpies and deathbreeze caln are using red dragons. Its impossible to withstand it

Level 8
In the second human book I can't choose Gardon's path, it comes out like I'm loading a custom game and then the game crashes when it's done loading, I have version 1.31.2 and the latest book update.

Level 4
So shar idk if this is a bug or something but in the one orc mission "Death's approach" where you fight the undead, after the first main quest i get to the part where you micro those 2 blademaster heroes and by the time i am done the undead have basically murdered my heroes and destroyed one of my bases, or maybe i'm just to slow with the 2 blademaster heroes part.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

True story, chapter 4. Havent seen anyone report his, so i'll report myself. The hotkeys are a mess.

Lust has two abilities bound to Q ( Devour magic and Curse).

Cruelty has his second ability set on Q, and has his first ability ( death coil) on its legacy key.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
It's fine, I'd rather a lot of people report the same things than none at all. I miss stuff as well.

Level 16
Same here!

Also, it's still called Altar of Kings in building tooltip.

My ally is not doing anything after Harmos part. Is it normal?

EDIT: Witch Doctor doesn't have correct spell tooltip (you know, initiate, adept and master thing). High Shaman doesn't have one at all.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Hmm, it seems Harmos is still not cooperating but it's better than last night. I have informed Shar of my own observations as well.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Can confirm everything said above. The Harmos part is bugged.

Also noticed a bug with Hortnog. If you decide to bribe him, he leaves the battlefield ( and is claimed to be a traitor), but AFTER that follows another piece of dialogue, which I presume is supposed to be displayed in case you defeat him in combat. Which is triggered by his army being removed by the bribe, I guess.

Level 10
In chapter 7 of the true story, the greenskin farseer hero gets stuck between the altar of storms and some trees after he gets revived - its the left-topmost altar, meaning that he will only appear once and then is stuck for the rest of the battle.

Level 3
Found a bug in "Clash in a Forest": If Harnos returns to the base when Blen/Zoia are ressurecting or dead the flames of active Altar of Emperesrs goes off and hero becomes unavailable for ressurection, while showing the portreit of hero in upper left of the screen. Happened to me with Zoia

Level 58
In Act Two, Chapter Four of True Story. The "destroy the base of the Ironthunder Clan" is marked "Completed" when I finished the "Greed is Good" optional quest and when I completed the "Greed is Good" it says in the Side Quest and Side Quest Completed "Power of Riches" instead of Greed is Good. I am playing as Deathbreeze Clan and I am playing the latest version of the True Story. :smile:
Here is the image
WC3ScrnShot_050221_095743_01.png

WC3ScrnShot_050221_100815_02.png

Edit: Act Two, Chapter Seven. The Fleshcutter unit has the Satyr Hellcaller train description. Playing as Undead. :smile:

Last edited: