• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard's Bugged Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Oh, and now I'm shuffling through the MPQs and I found something I'd forgotten - the troll axethrower models have an "oldSpell" animation from the time the trolls could cast Berserk.

Oh, and more - the dragonspawn models hav WoW animations such as CombatCritical and CombatWound.

And third - does anyone know how to use Stand Hit animations? They're supposed to play when the unit takes a hit. They work on destructibles (gates and trees) but not on units. Also, I recall that the orc units in the beta had hit sounds (grunts and groans).

Last edited:
Level 24
Oh, and now I'm shuffling through the MPQs and I found something I'd forgotten - the troll axethrower models have an "oldSpell" animation from the time the trolls could cast Berserk.

Oh, and more - the dragonspawn models hav WoW animations such as CombatCritical and CombatWound.

And third - does anyone know how to use Stand Hit animations? They're supposed to play when the unit takes a hit. They work on destructibles (gates and trees) but not on units. Also, I recall that the orc units in the beta had hit sounds (grunts and groans).

Wow, i never notice the dragonspawns

Level 18
Hey guys. The TFT glaive thrower has left and right hand attachments on its missing bow arms (the RoC ballista had a bow). Noticed it while I was playing dota and cast Bloodlust on a glaive thrower and the red dots just floated in the air on both sides of the unit.

The ballista/glaive thrower has all manners of attachment points - hands, feet, chest, head, overhead, sprites... Someone should test them.

EDIT: tested it, sprite first is the arrow/glaive. Moves with the projectile when it's being shot.

Last edited:
Level 23
I don't know if this was already mentioned but that tomb thing has that TC glow on its stand animation even ingame. It's not even billboarded.

222907-albums6224-picture84508.png

Level 29
Orc main building loses tc on bone parts at upgrade stage lvl 3, those are the archway-like parts at that stage.
When looked closely at Orc altar icon you can see 3. brazier column behind statue which got removed.
Orc burrow icon is of an earlier, ancient version, when it was troll burrow.
The shaft of warhammer is black on default paladin and black haired paladin models, as if forgot to put texture. Presuming so since its textured on Arthas and white-haired one.
This applies to a small part on the shaft of both weapons of Mountain King too. Probably those black parts were supposed to be displaying additional Teamcolor.

EDIT: Uther's is indeed textured. Hmm..

Last edited:
Level 18
They are, with rare exceptions. Why?

Also, I found that the portrait of the tree of life has a Stand Work Complete animation which would supposedly play when completing the training of a unit or researching an upgrade. Sadly, this Complete tag doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Although not directly related to WC3. When Blizzard ported the WC3 assets to SC2 they messed up some of the animation names. Specifically many models use attack variations starting from 1 where as the SC2 variation scheme starts from 0. The models can still be rigged to function correctly as actors but doing so can be quite confusing to people not aware of the animation naming mistake.

Level 15
Although not directly related to WC3. When Blizzard ported the WC3 assets to SC2 they messed up some of the animation names. Specifically many models use attack variations starting from 1 where as the SC2 variation scheme starts from 0. The models can still be rigged to function correctly as actors but doing so can be quite confusing to people not aware of the animation naming mistake.

I hope someone can rip HD models to Warcraft, they are awesome

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Night Elf Warden had some parts with no transparency and a black plane attached to her opening of cloak. I have fixed it, the model has been uploaded below.
That makes her look so much better. One wonders how such errors could be left in the game.

Well the black plain might have been for a removed texture or feature of the model (like many of the faults above) but the no alpha on her wing things should have been obvious to the modeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.