• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help Geoset Change and Animation Bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
OK. I started working on this model, it was actually an option for download. There are a couple Issues I don't know how to solve, so here I am.

1. The "Hair", needs to switch Geosets, It has teamcolor instead of transparency. I have been looking for how to do this, and so far all of my attempts make my model lose all attached animations. The Same Goes for the Ears, and the Exact opposite goes for the upper torso.

2. In all of these animations :
Code:
Stand
Stand3
Stand4
StandReady
Walk
Attack
Attack2
The corpse (gutz00)
and Portrait backdrop appear between animation loops. I'm not sure how to fix this. Someone told me, but I can't figure it out.

And um just a question that isnt a necessary. How do I wrap the back of a plane. I want the ears visible from the back end. Is there a way to do that or do I need to make another plane on the back?

Since it was taking so long to fix I decided to pull the model until its done.

If someone can explain to me what I need ot do to fix these (I'm pretty sure I have to change the mdl in notepad for the second one but I dont know what specifically to change) it would be more helpful than just fixing it. or if you could post like the original mdl info in a code box and hte changed (for the notepad stuff) that would be even better.

Any Help will definitely merit some major appreciation.

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks for the attempt Radagast, but that doesn't fix it. You just gave the Geoset that had teamcolor transparency instead. Now everything has transparency, so the things that were supposed to have transparency are great, but hte top of the head an the shoulders both have transparent holes in them.

I appreciate the Effort though.

If someone knows how to actually fix one of these issues it'll be very helpful

Level 17
*Bump*: Can someone give me a hand please? The model is almost done. And once I know how to fix these issues I can deal with them myself should they come up again.

Someone tried to explain both to me, but not with alot of detail and I couldn't figure it out exactly.

Maybe others have had this problem also? Maybe they will in the future? Can someone point me to a tutorial on ho to fix these if there is one?

Level 17
I need help moving the Ears/Hair to Geoset 2 (without losing all their animations) and moving the chest and shoulders to geoset 1 (again, without losing the animations.

I did the switch right a few times with geoset merges, and then the bits I needed e.g. torso, where where I needed them and had the right transparency, but they lost all their animations and just sat there. Even setting all the vertex groups back didn't seem to help.

As for the animation issues, I've looked at the forum for other peopleis issues that seemed similat on geoset animations and they are appearing during the animations that have their transparency listed as 0 as well as 1, and they just only stay for hte whole animation for the ones where its equal to 1. This didnt happen until I used Warshape to realign the bones with the models, and I can't find any other programs that will let me move the bones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.