• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing animation frame ranges - easy change ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Is there an easy way, like a tool, for example, that allows to easily change all keyframes in a particular range ?

For example, I have an animation from 1 to 1000 with several bone actions within that animation, but I would like to change it to 5001 to 6000, is there any way how to change the key frames of related bones/geoset animations/... ?

It is not only the starting and the end one, I could simply replace them using mdl and notepad, but all the key frames in between ? Is there a way to change them somehow, a tool or something ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, yes, if the animation has around 10 keyframes you have to change, then it is no problem.
But I have an issue with around, hm.., I think around 200 keyframes and they seem random and it is quite annoying to replace them.

you can still probably do it in most cases with regular expressions, using a decent text editor that supports them.
Could you elaborate this, please ? I use a text editor to replace the initial keyframe and the last one, but for the value range in between these two I have to do it manually, too ( manually = replacing one by one).
Do you say there is an application being able to do it ?
I can imagine it works for single ones, but for a range of values ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Why do you need to do it anyway?

To get some order in Blizzard's messy key frames ranges if modeling.

In Mdlvis you can copy-paste a whole range of keyframes.

Hm, this would work if I would like to transfer one animation into another, but for the same ? Or would I copy it, then change the initial and then last one and the paste it ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Do you mean clear them before copy, don't you ?

I also don't understand that clear option. It de-attaches every vertex form every bone for every animation, doesn't it ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Clear deletes all keyframes for the current sequence.
Just try it, play with options and see what happens!
That's the best way to learn.

Yes, the issue is that the Clear option detaches all my vertices from the bones. I might had the wrong tab open, I will try it, as you suggest, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.