• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mdlvis Sequencing Next Frame Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, Im trying to do so touch ups using mdlvis for animations and well, I must say, the animation sequencer is pretty terrible for selecting frames.

Is there anyway to select the frame (Blue Lines) using arrow keys or some sort of shortcut key? Something similar to 3ds Max's Next Frame (>>) and Previous Frame (<<) buttons.

If not, then how do modelers get past this issue? I keep trying to select the Blue Lines and I always end up selecting it 1 frame before or after it -_-

Its a tedious task just selecting pre-existing frames. Is easier to Copy the previous Frame but to Finalize it? Its ridiculous!

Level 7
Yes you can, similar to all modeling programs, but what if you dont know the EXACT frame number? Also is there an "Auto-Key" button for mdlvis or something with a similar function?

Correct me if I am wrong but to edit frames do you edit ALL the frames? Or you do edit only the primary frames (Blue Lines) so it auto animates the frames in between?

Level 18
You edit only the keyframes (the ones in blue) and it auto-animates between them. The frame number is shown to the right of the bar with the lines. A keyframe's number is written in blue, otherwise it's black. Just click the arrow buttons there to scroll if you cannot select said keyframe from the bar.

Level 7
As I suspected. Even Left-Clicking and holding to scroll to the blue key frames takes forever to individually select one.

I say there should be a Next and Before button to auto snap to the Blue Keyframes :| Thanks though, so I guess theres nothing else that can be done..

or is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.