• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dissipate and Decay question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am trying to make dissipate and decay bone/flesh for some models in Mdlvis, but it doesn't always work.

Basically to make dissipate I do the following;

1. Open the model in Mdlvis.
  2. Choose Modules>Sequence Editor.
  3. Click "Create New".
  4. Make sure the animation is 2000 frames long. Delete any unused frames.
  5. Copy the last frame from the death animation and paste it in the first and last frames of the new animation.
  6. Set to non-looping and don't apply movement speed.
  7. Click the "Movement" tab.
  8. Select root bone.
  9. Click the hand and then enter 400 as Z value.
For decay animations I follow the same steps, only I make the animations 5000 frames long and I enter -40 as value instead of 400.

This works on many models, but then there are some models that starts glitching and going up and down really fast, or just stay in the air. This always happens to the same models, and I have found no way to "fix" them.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Last edited:
Ensure that the animation is not set to NonInterp. If it is, set it to Linear.
If that doesn't help, open it in Magos and double check that the root bone/helper translation is not set to None (if so, set it to Linear), and also check if there's a value on the first frame of the animation, if not add one of { 0, 0, 0 }.

Status
Not open for further replies.