• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDlvis Animation Frame Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This problem occurs in MDlvis. When I am selecting an animation's frame to copy and paste them into another animation, the entire length will get selected except the last 2-4 frames. When I paste these frames in a new animation it results in stuttering animation.

Note that I am not talking about making copy of an animation but making a new animation by joining frames of two similar animations so that they play at the same time. Eg: Taking a units attack anim and join it with stand-1 to make a hybrid anim by mixing both.

Also is there an alternate way of doing this in Notepad or Magos?

Please help

Level 22
Just copy-paste anim keys onto another sequence that already has keys for the same bones will obviously give bad results.

When you say hybrid, you probably mean for example arms moves from one sequence merged with legs moves from another?

If so, you have to:
1. display the keys bone by bone (checkbox "highlight keys" in movement mode)
2. delete from receiving sequence, only the keys from bones you want to replace
3. copy from the other sequence, only the keys from these same bones
4. paste into the receiving sequence

Level 11
Thank you for answering and elaborating. Now I understand why some sequences got messed. +rep

However there is another part of the problem. MDlvis does not copy the entire keyframes even when I am making a simple copy of an animation into a new unit with the same bones and blank animation data.
Always the last 2-4 ending keyframes are left out and I have no idea why. So the sequence cannot be played in a perfect loop because of missing key frames. Any idea how to overcome that?

Thanks again

Level 22
I don't understand what you mean by "copy of an animation into a new unit" because as far as i know Mdlvis can not do that. If you are able to do that please explain how you do??

However i often copy animation keys into another sequence, and when selecting several keys i always click on the end key first, then adjust to get actually the last number (i think that is your problem), then shift-click on the start key.

Status
Not open for further replies.