1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blizzard Speaks out about Warcraft 3: Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard Speaks out about Warcraft 3 Reforged

During Activision Blizzard's Q4 2019 Earnings Call, J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment answered a question regarding the negative press on Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Anthony Duplisea said: arrow2.png

[...] And then relatedly also on Warcraft, there's been some negative press on Warcraft 3 Reforge lately. Can you tell us what you're doing to address that? Thanks.

blizz.gif J. Allen Brack said: blizzarrow.gif

[...] Concerning Warcraft III Reforged, honestly, it's been a bit of hurry. Our community has come to expect really amazing things from us, and we've heard from them that we did not achieve that bar. But we stand behind our games and have consistently shown that not only do we support them, but we continue to build on them even after launch. And we're committed to doing that here as well. And so we're going to continue to update the depth of the game and we'll continue to update the community with our plans going forward. Thanks for the question.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  2. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Thanks for the question"
    Ye right, if there were no consequences he would strangle him with his own hands :)

At this point blizz is obliged to do something with reforged (or pretend to) because shareholders noticed they made very bad game...

3. tlstkwjr

tlstkwjr

Resources:
    Resources:
    but why is there still no shadow in classic mode?

4. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You know, I was working with some web projects (startup) and whole situation with reforged looks like the management, who was responsible for the project planning and launching did it in the "Startup" way - Release half-baked product in production and then support it and polish it with pressure of irritated clients.
    Not good approach I think.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is not a patch release report.

Also, Blizzard more like is questioned out about Reforged.

6. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bla bla bla...

When are they going to give us back the Classic game to those of us who haven't bought Reforged?

A week ago I could play Classic and now, thanks to the new "Reforged" patch I can not even pass the menu...

15 years ago I paid for RoC and its expansion TFT and my computer can't play them now...

Are they going to give any solution?

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let's keep the rant energy for the next patch release.
    This is just a minor information bulletin.

8. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If you ask this question directly to Blizzard they will surely ignore this. Like what I keep saying over and over in every news thread like this they're definitely not going to bring back the classic (I mean it's super obvious). The obvious reason why they butchered the classic is because DRM is now in place.

I hate Reforged too, even the Reforged classic, but as of the recent patch maybe it's time to choose now which version do you prefer, do you want to stay classic or do you want to play Reforged patches.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are two options, probably. Stick with Reforged for new content (natives, models etc.) or have a GoG version of the Classic which will not be updated officially but possibly by the community.

10. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The only downside of picking 'GOG' option is that they might change alot in the future especially in custom games (like what happened during the transition of patch 1.27b to patch 1.28 where they introduced widescreen support which left the old maps with UI mods 'kind of' broken - specifically the missing UI Tile 05 and UI Tile 06 since those were'nt present in the previous versions).

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's difficult. Maybe, the GoG version will be the initial version or the one up to the completion of the Founding of Durotar and the whole lot of the Tavern heroes (1.27 or lower?).

12. WanSaweR

WanSaweR

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll be honest. They'll not bring back classic WC3. WC3 classic is right now part of WC3:R and that probably won't be changed...

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it's what happened to StarCraft: Remastered.

14. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate having the fact that I cannot play wc3 without having to download 30gbs, my laptop will not be devoted to something I can ultimately not use lol.

15. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still believe Reforged can become a good product. The problem is that they promised a lot of improvements and delivered a version of Warcraft 3 that is worse than what we already had - whilst shutting that old version down at the same time. People are right, no hysteria whatsoever, to be angry.

Blizzard needs to do a few things in my opinion:
    -Apologize for rushing release and allowing people to play the real Classic with battlenet support (but not further patches probably).
    -give a good explanation for the new amendments to the user agreement for the World Editor.
    -fix unit portraits (even a basic unit like the footman has a bugged portrait).
    -improve the campaigns to live up to the Reforged epicness that was promised - the cutscenes are not necessarily important but more utilisation of the new graphics should be prioritised.
    -add a campaign difficulty called brutal which is VERY hard compared to the Hard difficulty. A small addition that will make a huge impact on people's eagerness to replay the campaigns.
    -polish unit animations - many are fine but some still look weird - skating movement I'm looking at you.

16. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks to people like you revisionists believe Warcraft 3 had dynamic shadows.

17. DrTema

DrTema

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tihnk he means static shadows.

18. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know if this was worth a front page thread, honestly. It was a brief PR response in an investor call that had absolutely no new information. Something to just inspire a quick burst of confidence in the investors while getting off the subject as soon as possible. There's nothing we know now that we didn't know before this.

19. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    At this point, they're better at making statements that don't say anything than games ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  20. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    While I personally don't take anything they say seriously anymore, this might actually be some good news on a small level.

They basically said they are going to patch up the game, and not leave it as it is and forget it ever existed.

I personally hope that they'll re-add Custom Campaigns(though I don't think this will happen before may, ~3 months after release) and fix as many bugs as possible and optimize performance as much as possible. And possibly change the main menu not to be black and white, I mean, I don't really care how the main menu looks, but black and white, come on! So according to my calculations, the game should be at it's final stage in jun, maybe.

I know the game will still take some 25GBs of unneeded memory and purists are still gonna be unsatisfied and unhappy, but it's pretty much all we can hope for at this point.