1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blizzard Speaks out about Warcraft 3: Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Such a joke. I just started reforged classic and literally half of the shit is just plain out broken or screwed up.
    We didn't expect "amazing things" - we expected not to be downgraded to a broken shitshow from the classic we had before.
    This rotten PR bullshit talk makes me vomit.

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I mean, I get it, they are not confessing that they screwed up by releasing the game way too
    soon but continuously choosing words that give the impression that community had way too high
    expectations and the negative reception is nothing else but that...
    Terrible choice marketingwise imo. Like, it is not even good PR.
    Yes, people tend to forget things quickly these days, but still... Bad choice or words.

3. Feng Shui

Feng Shui

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well president of Blizzard is trying to soften this heavy rage against Blizzard, and tries to pretend nothing really happened that is serious. It was just another bad week at work, nothing more. They will try to upgrade game once. Maybe, maybe not. Again, not big deal for him. he is paid well, his wallet is not hurt for now.

They have marketing ?

You nailed it in center sir! Today people forget everything, because global mentality is ,,moment reality show" what happens while it is fresh, like regular news. After few days, or week, it is getting old, now people are searching for new ,,news" to complain about as this is getting boring.
    I have two examples which I experienced myself:

1.You know, in 2015. dean of my university had 6 criminal charges (for nepotism, frauds, illegally hiring his friends, some money laundering and such). And normally, he was still doing duties of dean alongside his son whose he hired illegally. Then believe or not, but I came to his office and asked him about news reporting constantly about his criminal activities. He offered me drink, told me to sit down, like businessman. Then he told me that this is all set up, some of professors set him up, he is not guilty of anything (yeah right, being in charge for 8 years already).
    Just few days after, he got TWO MORE criminal charges. I found him in stairs accidentally, and asked him about news reporting it. Now you wont believe me what he told me in face ,,THIS WILL BE FORGOTTEN, IT IS NOTHING" and start yelling at me because I asked him something happened few days ago. Later that year he got finally replaced, and in 2019, while being my professor he was arrested and sentenced for six months in jail for something! I cant say for sure if it is related.

2. I was on practice work in school, as I am schoolteacher from april to june last year. One day I should replace some teacher as she could not get to work for some reason, but nobody has told me that. They presumed that they will find me in morning to tell me to move to that classroom that day. But, my classroom did not have first class, so I did not came either. She did not come, i did not come. Kids of that classroom are left without supervision, without custody. They were left alone in school! They could get hurt or get out of school or something like that. It was pure luck that nothing happened. They called her immediately on mobile phone. She told them ,,I did not tell him because I presumed that he will be here at first class, and I presumed that someone else will tell him" They decided that obviously it was her mistake. Day after, when I asked my superior about this, you wont believe me again what answer I got: ,,This is already forgotten, it happened yesterday". Yeah, you heard right. heavy violation of school rules and laws, kids are left alone, and next days he says to me that it is already being forgotten.

This is our global mentality. That is why Blizzard and others can do this. Temper will cool down and nothing will happen. No punishments, no reminders, nothing. Just another new ,,start".

5. OnGe

OnGe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Crimes? Punishment? Come on, dont overdo it...

6. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Speaking about general corporations as whole.
    But speaking about Blizzard and game industry, it is sufficient as MasterBlaster said. Just do not buy their games.
    EDIT: What facebook did is considered crime. Same as google did when masses protested in streets as their employees were bullied.

7. Selaya

Selaya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Taking responsibilities for fucking it up is so 2000 1900 1800 1700 ... oh, wait.

8. kentzeus

kentzeus

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is total useless information, they're obviously just trying to win back the trust of their investors. Anyone who has ever invested in stocks know that this is what they all do when shit is going down, always expecting positive results in the future.

I do however think the game will slowly recover, but the most critical subject as of now is the EULA. It is a complete mockery to map creators and of course totally unacceptable. You simply do not treat people who are bringing more players to your game like utter shit, period. If anything they should be rewarded for choosing to share their creativity on your platform instead of somewhere else.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Such discrimination.
    Contradict yourself much?

10. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At least they admit it's a "bit" of a rushed product.

11. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yep. They should have postponed the release instead of pushing half baked game(((
    They even haven't used some new assets - Icecrown citadel and Hearthglen Abbay at all(

12. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    • No model for Khadgar and Lothar
    • No model for Royal Guard (seriously?)
    • No model for other 3 Archmagi even though their names are already established
    • Kul Tiran invaders using Lordaeron flags and banners
    • Theramore banners using Lordaeron insignia
    • No model for Blood/High Elf Castle (it even has the Alliance Lion crest wtf)
    • No model for Sen'jin
    • No model for Zar'jira
    • No model for Khanzo, Haomarush, Gen'juros
    • Thok'feroth and Mazrigos using Far Seer models (they should be Warlocks or Necrolytes or WC2 Death Knights)
    • Human Captains in Silvermoon

13. JimmyJoJameson

JimmyJoJameson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another non-apology from Brack, conveniently avoiding responsibility and pushing the blame onto the community. I don't think expecting a working product is setting the bar too high.

14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    but you are not game developer to decide that!

15. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yep, you know, they could have made High/Blood elf castle using assets of Arcane Observatory - It would take less than a day to use town hall/keep/castle animations and replace the mesh with an arcane observatory.

But I suppose that on the internal meeting some manager said: "hey no, we should "preserve true spirit" and spent the budget on overwatch 2"

Also, I opened a few models in Reteras model studio and noticed that portrait models are excessive.
    For instance portrait of Lord Garitos contains Weapon and horse, and guts and skeletons. Why?
    Reusable textures for creeps are duplicated few times (in example if few Neutral hostile models use the same texture for any element - this texture appears to be in both folders of these units)

I believe that if they had optimized models and textures - they would save at least 0.5--1 Gb of disk space.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  16. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    You mean like how they said they will support the HotS esports scene in the long run, right before they fired 800 people and killed the games future?

17. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They have been updating it for the last two years, so I'll trust them on that one.
    At least in terms of making it playable, too early to say if they will make patches for another ten years.

Reforged is basically what they have been doing in the prior patches. Most of them arrived with some amount of bugs and issues (I did not see most of them personally since I do not play ladder, I just code for fun). But eventually, most of them got fixed.

18. berato

berato

Resources:
    Resources:
    can we trust blizzard ? can we save reforged?

19. Skopetski

Skopetski

Resources:
    Resources:
    “Custom Games are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Blizzard. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to Blizzard all of your rights, title, and interest in and to all Custom Games, including but not limited to any copyrights in the content of any Custom Games. […] To the extent you are prohibited from transferring or assigning your moral rights to Blizzard by applicable laws, to the utmost extent legally permitted, you waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have in all such Custom Games, without any remuneration.”

Can't see that this has been brought up in any of the updates or news on Hive for the last year, but might have missed it.

It's like they don't want people to keep the game alive with custom maps.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  20. Feng Shui

Feng Shui

Resources:
    Resources:
    TOS explanation and myths