• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard Speaks out about Warcraft 3: Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I'm pretty sure he was referring to it in terms of graphics.
Not just graphics - AoE 2 remaster also came with new multiplayer races, improved AIs, new campaigns and tons of other stuff. And all of that while keeping the original intact and giving full control to the players, for instance by allowing people to choose between the old and new AI without any issues.

And yes, it might have been buggy at launch, but in terms of what it actually offered it was in a completely different league than Reforged.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not just graphics - AoE 2 remaster also came with new multiplayer races, improved AIs, new campaigns and tons of other stuff. And all of that while keeping the original intact and giving full control to the players, for instance by allowing people to choose between the old and new AI without any issues.
That's a bigger argument to counter what Archian wrote, indeed.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
marketingdemotivator.jpg

P.S. I miss Metzen.
Me too.
And Bill Roper's voice too :\

Level 15
We really weren't in such a hurry to see nor play Reforged. All of us were quite happy with WC3 and we could've gone on playing it for the next 3 decades. The Graphics/Engine adjustments looked -at least- very promising. True, we've been excited, but I reckon they could totally not jump the trigger and release the game half-baked. What bugs me even more is the price I had to pay for a game that both : butchered the availability of our sweet ol' game and delivered such an anticlimatic experience

Level 11
I'm out for now.But nowadays I don't tend to support people that are irresponsible. I may re-buy it later if I see it is fit for playing.

Anyway it's really tedious these days that a high number of companies don't understand that their main source of income are their customers. At least as I see it nowadays it's all greed infested minds, and rarely anyone wants to break this loop cycle. The sad thing is that greed made passion inexistent and not just in the game industries. Even more sadder is the people who work for greed infested minds and are supporting their influence whether they know it or not.

Level 4
I'm very disappointed in Blizzard's new EULA. That was the last thing I expected them to do, considering how tightly they communicated with community of modmakers. It is literally a betrayal... of expectations. For me it meant that I should quit WC3 modmaking.

Besides these, I do not understand the hate towards WC3 Reforged, assuming that Blizzard will keep adhering to community's feedback as they had been doing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.