• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of The Great sea

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Battle of the great sea. (Reforged)
Just some classic warcraft experience. No custom triggers/units.

So you ´re starting in a small area with some trees, 3 gold mines ,well of life and pub (your enemy starting too with 3 gold mines and some trees, well of life and pub)
Near your starting location is small camp with ogres. There are also mercenary camp, mana well, goblin shipyard and gate. Warning! The gate can teleport you to the enemy small camp. So don´t forget to still watch the gate. Then north from small camp are some dragons. (only for leveling your hero). Between your camp and enemy camp are 4 zones. 2 zones on the edge have: 2 gold mines,, some trees and each 1 goblin laboratory. The middle zones have: the same as edge zones + each have 1 back dragon roost. Every zone entrance is protected by golem. In the northeast is just sea with some isles.

The easyiest way to win the game is just speedrun. make an army go throught portal and destroy the enemy.
Or you can make army and push to the middle of map.
Or you can use goblin zepelins or ships and attack enemy from sea and air.
Previews
Contents

Battle of The Great sea (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Very simple material, terrain is lacking and monotonous, gameplay too. Also, the map thread description doesn't say much about the melee changes. Simple. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Very simple material, terrain is lacking and monotonous, gameplay too.
Also, the map thread description doesn't say much about the melee changes.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
Very simple material, terrain is lacking and monotonous, gameplay too.
Also, the map thread description doesn't say much about the melee changes.
yes, I agree this map is simple. i wanted to try map editor for reforged so i just created this. I don´t know what means "terrain is lacking" Do you meant I may add some objects (like campfire more textures on ground etc.) ? and I am going to fix map description.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don´t know what means "terrain is lacking" Do you meant I may add some objects (like campfire more textures on ground etc.)
Compare to the game's melee or campaign maps. Also check out the terraining guides I linked.
Yeah, basically, no tile or terrain height variation, little to no doodads. I guess you might have tried to simulate a beach or something but it looks too rough right now.