• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle City V1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Map Information - Battle City V1.1

- Mild modification of the map to make it more accessible.
- Added way gates to be able to move quickly throughout the map.
- Added two fountains, 50% between health and mana.

Neutral Camps:

Green Camps: 20
Orange Camps: 12+4
Red Camps: 1

Neutral Buildings:

Goldmines: 4+4
Goblin Merchants: 4
Goblin Laboratorys: 4
Mercenary Camps: 2
Fountains of Health/Mana (50%): 2 (Added in V1.1)
Way Gates: 6 (Added in V1.1)
Taverns: 1

Object Tables:

- T1 (10 Items - 70%) - Creeps of level 3
7%-Sentry Wards
7%-Wand of Illusion
7%-Wand of Lightning Shield
7%-Scroll of Healing
7%-Scroll of Mana
7%-Tome of Experience
7%-Circlet of Nobility
7%-Claws of Attack +6
7%-Gloves of Haste
7%-Ring of Protection +2

- T2 (10 Items - 70%) - Creeps of level 5
7%-Healing Wards
7%-Wand of the Wind
7%-Ankh of Reincarnation
7%-Book of the Dead
7%-Health Stone
7%-Mana Stone
7%-Belt of Giant Strength +6
7%-Boots of Quel'Thalas +6
7%-Robe of the Magi +6
7%-Sobi Mask

- T3 (8 Items - 72%) - Creeps of level 6
9%-Red Drake Egg
9%-Spiked Collar
9%-Stone Token
9%-Hood of Cunning
9%-Helm of Valor
9%-Medallion of Courage
9%-Talisman of the Wild
9%-Potion of Restoration

Hello everyone, this is my first map to play with friends, I hope you like it and that you advise me to improve it.

Greetings.
Previews
Contents

Battle City (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Try not to exaggerate with spamming one tile in big terrain parts especially with no terrain height variation. 2. Avoid narrow paths like these: 3. Avoid places like these as they are hurtful for proper battles because of pathing issues: 4...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Try not to exaggerate with spamming one tile in big terrain parts especially with no terrain height variation.
2. Avoid narrow paths like these:
katrynahmap01.png
3. Avoid places like these as they are hurtful for proper battles because of pathing issues:
katrynahmap02.png
4. Mine guardians should have the highest camp range.
5. Two Gloves of Haste from a three Kobold group. Fix item drops. Read the tutorials linked below. Item drops are too much for melee play. Tome of Experience+ Sentry Wards on a that three Kobold camp is too much. There, only one item would be enough, preferably a tome+1. The there mages drop an item each. Not good.
6. The colour of the Way Gates should be the same only for each pair not for all of them. Example: Red-Red which means if you enter one of them you get to the other one. Now, the teleportation system is pretty random.
7. The Tavern should not be protected. If it is, it means no Tavern hero in the early game or a nuisance to get one.
8. Fountains should be heavily guarded as they are quite problematic in what melee balance is concerned.

Much to fix. It's not melee ready at all.
Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
1. Try not to exaggerate with spamming one tile in big terrain parts especially with no terrain height variation.
2. Avoid narrow paths like these:
View attachment 311371
3. Avoid places like these as they are hurtful for proper battles because of pathing issues:
View attachment 311372
4. Mine guardians should have the highest camp range.
5. Two Gloves of Haste from a three Kobold group. Fix item drops. Read the tutorials linked below. Item drops are too much for melee play. Tome of Experience+ Sentry Wards on a that three Kobold camp is too much. There, only one item would be enough, preferably a tome+1. The there mages drop an item each. Not good.
6. The colour of the Way Gates should be the same only for each pair not for all of them. Example: Red-Red which means if you enter one of them you get to the other one. Now, the teleportation system is pretty random.
7. The Tavern should not be protected. If it is, it means no Tavern hero in the early game or a nuisance to get one.
8. Fountains should be heavily guarded as they are quite problematic in what melee balance is concerned.

Much to fix. It's not melee ready at all.
Awaiting Update.

It is understood.

- I will modify the terrain to eliminate narrow roads.
- I will search the area of the trees so that it does not harm the fight.
- I will change the range of the units in the mines.
- I will remove the protection of the tavern.
- I will make more stronger the camps that protect the fountains.
- I will change the color of the doors.

But regarding the fall of objects I have a doubt. That is, as I put in the post, I programmed a table of objects with a few percentages, but of course, it is true that many times all creeps release object and sometimes repeats, that is because it is random. What advises me, remove the aleator and make each bug can release one or two different objects?

Thanks.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
But regarding the fall of objects I have a doubt. That is, as I put in the post, I programmed a table of objects with a few percentages, but of course, it is true that many times all creeps release object and sometimes repeats, that is because it is random. What advises me, remove the aleator and make each bug can release one or two different objects?
Please read the melee related tutorials I provided in the review. You'll know about item drops too. You should make them manually for each camp.
Also, it's not just the Way Gate colouring but also where they lead you to. It's unintuitive and you can't get back to where you got from going through the Way Gate you've just exited.

Level 2
Please read the melee related tutorials I provided in the review. You'll know about item drops too. You should make them manually for each camp.
Also, it's not just the Way Gate colouring but also where they lead you to. It's unintuitive and you can't get back to where you got from going through the Way Gate you've just exited.

Agreed, thanks for the information.