• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ask the Hive Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEsTrucTivE_MaN

D

dEsTrucTivE_MaN

- This reply is about Resources' Date Sorting.
I don't know if I should reply here but I will post this. Okay, no one cares.
- The sorting of the resources, especially, the Date: I think it should have the:
- "Oldest to Newest" / vice-versa
- "Latest Upload", "Latest Updated" ::: I know the url: last-edit-or something...
- Look, if you sorted with date, October/what 2016 comes up when it's already 2017.
- I just keep seeing the date posted at "Wednesday at HH:MM TT", I don't know if that is on this week.

- - - - - Okay, no one cares. - - - - - -

Level 26
With an attitude like that, people may be less prone to answer to your message. :/
I just keep seeing the date posted at "Wednesday at HH:MM TT", I don't know if that is on this week.
If it displays a day like in your example, it means it was posted on Wednesday within a week. When the resource was updated more than a week ago, it displays a date instead. :)
The sorting of the resources, especially, the Date: I think it should have the:
- "Oldest to Newest" / vice-versa
Oldest to newest is possible to fix the order by. Just click on the "date" text in the bar above the map list, and they will all be ordered by date. Click again to reverse the order.
It looks like this then.

You can not display latest uploaded, unfortunately, but you can visit the pending section, where the most recent map uploads resides.

Hope that helped! :)

dEsTrucTivE_MaN

D

dEsTrucTivE_MaN

With an attitude like that, people may be less prone to answer to your message. :/
If it displays a day like in your example, it means it was posted on Wednesday within a week. When the resource was updated more than a week ago, it displays a date instead. :)

Oldest to newest is possible to fix the order by. Just click on the "date" text in the bar above the map list, and they will all be ordered by date. Click again to reverse the order.
It looks like this then.

You can not display latest uploaded, unfortunately, but you can visit the pending section, where the most recent map uploads resides.

Hope that helped! :)
It was just a ... more like a ... suggestion? It's not a complain though, thanks FYI.

Look, the date is not sorted correctly.
Ask the HIVE Staff - Destructonicus' Post.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Look, the date is not sorted correctly.
Yes, it's a thing I've seen too but please refrain from writing in different posts one after another of yours. Use the green Edit button at the bottom of one of your posts and add there what more needs to be said.
Plus, this is not the thread for discussing this... I suggest opening a new thread in the Site Discussion section of the forums:
Site Discussion

Level 6
Hey, I have a few questions for the one who made the new search system. While I think it looks great so far, it's come to my attention that something went missing during the transition to the new system: it's no longer possible to search for projectiles, while these are quite often the hardest to find. I really miss that feature. So my questions are:
Is this feature going to be reintroduced anytime soon?
Why was it removed? Or was it just simply forgotten?
Will I ever be able to search for projectiles again?
Will I ever stop asking questions?
Probably now, presumably not?

Level 30
Hey, I have a few questions for the one who made the new search system. While I think it looks great so far, it's come to my attention that something went missing during the transition to the new system: it's no longer possible to search for projectiles, while these are quite often the hardest to find. I really miss that feature. So my questions are:
Is this feature going to be reintroduced anytime soon?
Why was it removed? Or was it just simply forgotten?
Will I ever be able to search for projectiles again?
Will I ever stop asking questions?
Probably now, presumably not?

Well if you want to search projectiles or missiles if i am right then if you search then click on 'more' then on 'Search Bundles and Resources' and look for a 'tags'-section. If you found it (easily found) then search there for 'SFX' and then you check 'missile'.

Level 6
Well if you want to search projectiles or missiles if i am right then if you search then click on 'more' then on 'Search Bundles and Resources' and look for a 'tags'-section. If you found it (easily found) then search there for 'SFX' and then you check 'missile'.

Thank you. This is very helpful indeed. I feel like a total idiot for completely not noticing the tag while actively searching for it multiple times.

What are the rules concerning Hive model download limitations? My Matrix Eater tool has become very useful to me because it quickly loads up Warcraft III models from the game data and presents them in a style similar to the World Editor. If I added a menu in the same place that would basically just hit the Hive's search thing with HTTP requests and parsed the results back into a display that let the user browse models from within the Matrix Eater, then download and start editing them, would this violate site rules?

Obviously the Matrix Eater GUI would need to include Hive logos on that section and encourage users to give credit for models downloaded in this way.

I thought of this because somebody in a discord channel I am a part of asked why so many new Wc3 models were being created from original Wc3 animations and not re-using community animations where permitted. Perhaps, does the download API include license tokens for whether modifying the model is permitted without direct permission (So this theoretical Matrix Eater utility could be coded only to download models for which users were allowed to make changes)?

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
What are the rules concerning Hive model download limitations? My Matrix Eater tool has become very useful to me because it quickly loads up Warcraft III models from the game data and presents them in a style similar to the World Editor. If I added a menu in the same place that would basically just hit the Hive's search thing with HTTP requests and parsed the results back into a display that let the user browse models from within the Matrix Eater, then download and start editing them, would this violate site rules?

Obviously the Matrix Eater GUI would need to include Hive logos on that section and encourage users to give credit for models downloaded in this way.

I thought of this because somebody in a discord channel I am a part of asked why so many new Wc3 models were being created from original Wc3 animations and not re-using community animations where permitted. Perhaps, does the download API include license tokens for whether modifying the model is permitted without direct permission (So this theoretical Matrix Eater utility could be coded only to download models for which users were allowed to make changes)?
; )

Level 3
I would like to suggest you to "divide" topics, themes, labs-overall to think way, due to 1.29. I can feel Warcraft 3 community definetily to be divided to 2 camps. So to prevent mess and misunderstanding, misdownloads etc. I mean overall to think up smth like that.

Level 16
I can't find the proper words to explain it to you how much it doesn't matter.

Other forums do it, and they are not should not be better than hive.

Edit: also, what you do not find important could be the most important to someone else.

Its just more neat and appealing that, don't we agree on this?

Erit2:
Imagine in World Editor you have to scroll all the way up (from your custom unit up to the human folder) to change the tab from units to abilities and that you won't be able to go to abilties directly from your custom unit. Would that be neat?

Last edited:
When I start Scrolling up, inbox & alerts do not appear until I have reached the very top of the page.

It is much better to make inbox/alerts show as soon as the user scrolls up, and hidden as soon as he/she scrolls down.

Thanks!
Have you look to your right side of the screen when new notifications arrive? Unless that's not what you seek. Not all resolutions would benefit and from what I assume, Hive is trying to be mobile compatible as well, and this might cause unpleasant experiences there (less area to look content for the sake of alert bar).

Level 19
How is the activity here on the Hive?

Hi, I haven't been around for a while

Are you still having problems with reviews, and massive pending lists?

Not that I'm offering to help, I would just like to be in the know

Level 16
Have you look to your right side of the screen when new notifications arrive? Unless that's not what you seek. Not all resolutions would benefit and from what I assume, Hive is trying to be mobile compatible as well, and this might cause unpleasant experiences there (less area to look content for the sake of alert bar).

well, in some other forums this happens on desktop version but not mobile version so...

How is the activity here on the Hive?

Hi, I haven't been around for a while

Are you still having problems with reviews, and massive pending lists?

Not that I'm offering to help, I would just like to be in the know
I guess hive is doing just fine.

Level 7
I would like to get one of my Icon resources removed please, I submitted it but credit has been incorrectly assigned to the standard Blizzard Entertainment account despite containing some freehand.

The draconian rules surrounding resource submission are one of the reasons I don't post more of my custom-made/blizzard edits here. I would like to share resources but I don't think its fair how credit goes to an AI account. If it cannot be correctly credited then please remove this resource:

BTNDwarveShaman

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I would like to get one of my Icon resources removed please, I submitted it but credit has been incorrectly assigned to the standard Blizzard Entertainment account despite containing some freehand.

The draconian rules surrounding resource submission are one of the reasons I don't post more of my custom-made/blizzard edits here. I would like to share resources but I don't think its fair how credit goes to an AI account. If it cannot be correctly credited then please remove this resource:

BTNDwarveShaman
I'm sorry, that's not the rules anymore. I will send you a private message.

SHV

SHV

Level 1
Hello! noob question here, is there a way or a mod that can allow me to play Warcraft Reforged campaign with Night Elves beign colored to their apparently offical, Teal color?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Firstly, you should make a thread about this elsewhere. This is mainly for questions that only staff can answer.

Anyway.

No there is nothing like what you are describing because:
1. In order for a map/campaign to be accepted it needs to be changed to a fairly large degree, just changing one line in each chapter would not get your map approved.
2. Reforged do not support custom campaigns (yet) so it is literary impossible to do right now

Level 50

What happened with this?

It never happened to my knowledge. @Ralle said there was going to be an API, then I think a month later when he was going to write it I got caught for having a smurf account for memeing and got a penatly against my Hive account, so Ralle's motivation to help me was probably understandably low.

I would still enjoy trying to add a feature like that to my tool if the API became available for it. But it would really benefit from a Hive site upgrade that asked model uploaders to choose a license -- whether it was permitted to use that model for developing new ones, and to what extent -- and adding that option might be really hard. I never thought to talk to Ralle about that one.

Last edited:
Level 16
Well, in what the title is concerned, Mythic is a Media Manager.
Does that include Media | HIVE ?
Manager=/=moderator/reviewer?

Lot of titles around which have no definition.
what do you mean? reviewer seems clear to me. someone who reviews resources.

moderator too: someone who have power to approve resource and open/close treads

manager is a moderator with fancy name,

not sure what is not clear?

Level 5
Hello, everyone!
I read the rules and it says that I can't upload an unfinished map.
I'm making a single player map and I wanted to upload first 2 chapters out of 4 to ask people's opinion on this map. They are very polished and take 1-1.5 hours to complete. My question is: does it still count as "alpha beta version"?

Level 30
Hello, everyone!
I read the rules and it says that I can't upload an unfinished map.
I'm making a single player map and I wanted to upload first 2 chapters out of 4 to ask people's opinion on this map. They are very polished and take 1-1.5 hours to complete. My question is: does it still count as "alpha beta version"?

Yes. It is probably better if you make a Thread in here and let people make their opinions. You should only upload finished stuff in the maps section.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am not sure why you would think so, to be honest.
Map Development is not just a place for "big projects", all kinds of projects can get their feedback there.
The Map Section has more traffic from people who are not active in the forums, yes, but people
who are not active in the forums are less likely to give you feedback in the first place.

Level 20
Okay got it. My 2 cents:This rule leaves no chance for little project to get people's attention.
That's a strange take.

From my experience, most projects listed in Map Development forum get a fair amount of views/downloads/feedback posts - I even remember seeing some that reached dozens of pages worth of discussion, especially if their author made sure to present his work in an attractive way and stayed active in regards of answering other people's posts and providing updates. Do the same and I'm pretty sure your project will also gather some attention, even if it isn't very big.

On the other hand - even if we assume that your opinion is correct, it doesn't really change anything. The whole idea behind allowing only completed versions of maps in the map section comes from two simple facts - most people who start a project never finish it, meanwhile - I imagine - most people who visit the map section and want to download the map are actually interested in getting a finished map/campaign.

This results in a situation where if incomplete projects were allowed, the map section would be literally flooded with them, thus making finding complete projects harder., thus making the experience of using custom maps worse. Obviously this could be remedied by flagging incomplete projects or providing an option to filter them out, but then chances are such projects wouldn't get much exposure anyway. So... what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.