• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Asha'dorell

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
--> # Melee Map: Asha'dorell # <--

Deep in the darkness of the forgotten land of kalimdor lies this ominous forest. Unaffected by the atrocities of past wars. He seems almost peaceful ...

Information

Changelog

Credits

# 1on1, 2on2 or 4 Players FFA - competitive like Melee Map !
# Ashenvale Textures !
# 2x Goblin Merchants !
# 4x Goblin Laboratory !
# 1x Tavern in middle !
# 8x Expansion 2x for each Player
# Human friendly Main Expansion :)

# 24x Green Creepspots
# 16x(18x)* Yellow Creepspots (18 Creeps if u play 1on1 instead of 2on2 or 4 player ffa)
# 4x Red Creepspots
# Main Expansion Close to Base (Humans will love that Map!)

[2018-05-08] CHANGES
[2018-05-13] Update # Version(0.36.6060)

- make areas more hilly
- Make some Beauty changes
- blocked Ramp for complete Towerwall

Credits:

Thanks to:
deepstrasz for feedback.

Previews
Contents

Asha'dorell (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The author is set to unknown. I know you might not be renowned but you could put your name there. Symmetry is kind of lacking, especially in what neutral camp and player positioning is concerned. Terrain is pretty much flat. You should restrict the...
deepstrasz
About the unbuildable tiles. Please put them equally on each ramp so no player will benefit from any advantage. I'm referring to all ramps not just those near the start locations. If you could position the mines symmetrically, that'd be good. Now some...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The author is set to unknown. I know you might not be renowned but you could put your name there.

Symmetry is kind of lacking, especially in what neutral camp and player positioning is concerned.
Terrain is pretty much flat.
You should restrict the possibility of building towers near/on ramps.
Maybe you should not have all items drop from one creep to avoid the Blademaster doing exploits.

It looks better than your other.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
About the unbuildable tiles. Please put them equally on each ramp so no player will benefit from any advantage. I'm referring to all ramps not just those near the start locations.
If you could position the mines symmetrically, that'd be good. Now some players have to walk more to reach their nearest mine than others.
Where there is empty space that players don't step on, you could make look better. Example: patches of water.

Awaiting Update.