• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

s812n1.png
s81K0I.png

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Shops.png

Shops2.png

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
SCREENSHOTS.
140517-albums1401-picture14830.bmp

map1pic02.png

map5pic1.png

map03pic01.png

map03pic02.png

map03pic03.png

map03pic05.png

map04pic04.png

cineh.png

140517-albums1401-picture32121.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture32119.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture14824.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture26839.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture31855.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37577.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37579.jpg

Achievements.
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.
enddisplay.png

Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

demonintronew.png
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

fallenintronew.png

COMMAND LIST
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

Level 2
Awesome campaign, love it. Btw i have experienced the same thing as Xonok; in chapter 5 Sarai gets commanded to move to the center of the map the whole time which is annoying when trying to control other units. It took me a while but got the chapter completed, using the spire as much as u can helps alot.

Apart from that, I like the storyline, but there are so many spelling/grammar mistakes that at some point it kinda gets annoying, lol.

Hopefully the campaign gets finished soon :D

Level 1
Could anyone point me to the Vijazzas Robe Fabric? I found the other 3 components but this one elude me. I couldnt do the quest from the ghost/banshee (top left of the map), probably because I killed everyone before talking to her... is the Robe the reward for this quest? Thanks!

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

i couldnt finish act 2 because of "searches info" spectral devourer. i wish i could play this campaign but im not hard core.

Level 1
I found the robes in chapter 3, I had already beaten the level expect for hte final boss and still; couldnt find it. I turned on iseedeadpeople and still couldnt find it. Then after an hour or so I spot it in the flames of cirlce rituatl thing

Level 12
While I've been working on the campaign I found an awesome channel on youtube with "lets play" of Ascension Campaign. The person Playing has high knowledge of the campaign and also gives some good advise. I recommend you check it out!

Also, check this other fan:

Last edited:
Level 4
This campaign easily deserves 5/5 and possibly 6/5.
Here are its strongest features and rooms for improvement :
(+) Unique itemization system. Upgrading, synthesizing, stacking items, and gambling all in a single campaign.
(+) Three different playable races
(+) Unique skillset for heroes and units which is not just plainly renamed bloodlust or inner fire but has synergy between units and skills. And judging by the amount of triggers anyone could've realized how much effort you've put.
(+) A bunchload of custom units (over 300 iirc), destructubles, doodads (and it's usage on terraining) brought a new perspective into warcraft 3.
(-) Bugs, most noticeable being houses in ch3 are not dinoable, several techtree items are missing hotkeys, no drop point for crystal for fallen (iirc, never really used them).
(-) I will not deny that my opinions are biased towards my playstyle and everyone has favourites. However for the most part i noticed wide imbalance between races.
  1. The Canids are mid tier, they are very strong defensively.
    Prophets, lycantrophes, and archers made solid Canid army on tier 2 which is still highly usable even until tier 4.
    Either energy wolves are awesome and they have solid dps.
    Cardinals are op casters, i guess thats what happens if raise dead is coupled with lightning shield.
    Matrons are decent, ballista is okay for knocking enemies from afar.
    Mercs kill air units like 3 riflemen shooting 1 gargoyle.
    Addon units from either path is good and works with other units aswell
  2. The Fallens are on the low tier. I would never play them.
    After accounting for food archers have roughly same hp but three times dps with ranged slow attack compared with misguided and apostate. Not to mention that they are cheaper.
    Stalker pwns for 30 seconds and after that they are quickly disposable, but they are really good shock troops.
    Dismemberer is ridiculously nerfed prophet. Blood Infusion heals 100 hp with 3 seconds cd and requires a lot of micro. Greater heal heals 35 hp with 1 second cd and requires no micro. Inner Protection restores 30 hp when hit with an ability. Not very useful. Gaia's Armor reduces 10 damage and adds armor, making every unit it casted upon much tanky. Time lock is a very useful disable. Meditate is asking the other guy to kill your unit.
    Disciples are only good if you're massing stalkers since no fallen units would really benefit from hunger as they have very low dps.
    Corpse giant has no ability, high food cost, and does not deal enough dps to the point of just being a distraction.
    Cadavers and remnant are decent.
    Devourer are the only good unit.
  3. The Demons are very overpowered right from the start. I always pick them.
    They have the most powerful tier 1 army (Seeker), best caster (Temptress), best troops in terms of food/hp/damage with stun (Huntress), best tank (Shadow Lord), and has the ability to spawn cannon fodders with 0 food cost.
    Slasher is useless and should be replaced quickly.
    Seeker hands down is the most powerful tier 1 unit. Demonic Might adds 10 damage which is 80% buff on slashers pre-upgrade not to mention they add bash.
    Temptress are the single best caster unit with 10 seconds charm. With proper macro you could charm a prophet and time lock gaia armor or devourer area disable. Their ultimate usage was making leapers permanent unit with 0 food cost.
    Harlot is good for support.
    Huntress is best unit in terms of food cost not to mention are very versatile. Also they are self sustaining because they regen 4HP/2MP per second with swords. Web of Thorns with 150 damage/5seconds stun is very powerful.
    Annihilators are uzelezz and only for spawning leapers.
    Overseers are OP kodo beast with movement speed aura and drop point for gold and lumber.
    Slayer tanks like 3 corpse giant and hits like 10 of them.
    Terror lord mutilates enemy casters just by standing near them.
    Shadow lord is a buffed slayer with 27 armor, chaos attack, and aoe 150 dmg every 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 12
This campaign easily deserves 5/5 and possibly 6/5.
Here are its strongest features and rooms for improvement :
(+) Unique itemization system. Upgrading, synthesizing, stacking items, and gambling all in a single campaign.
(+) Three different playable races
(+) Unique skillset for heroes and units which is not just plainly renamed bloodlust or inner fire but has synergy between units and skills. And judging by the amount of triggers anyone could've realized how much effort you've put.
(+) A bunchload of custom units (over 300 iirc), destructubles, doodads (and it's usage on terraining) brought a new perspective into warcraft 3.
(-) Bugs, most noticeable being houses in ch3 are not dinoable, several techtree items are missing hotkeys, no drop point for crystal for fallen (iirc, never really used them).
(-) I will not deny that my opinions are biased towards my playstyle and everyone has favourites. However for the most part i noticed wide imbalance between races.
  1. The Canids are mid tier, they are very strong defensively.
    Prophets, lycantrophes, and archers made solid Canid army on tier 2 which is still highly usable even until tier 4.
    Either energy wolves are awesome and they have solid dps.
    Cardinals are op casters, i guess thats what happens if raise dead is coupled with lightning shield.
    Matrons are decent, ballista is okay for knocking enemies from afar.
    Mercs kill air units like 3 riflemen shooting 1 gargoyle.
    Addon units from either path is good and works with other units aswell
  2. The Fallens are on the low tier. I would never play them.
    After accounting for food archers have roughly same hp but three times dps with ranged slow attack compared with misguided and apostate. Not to mention that they are cheaper.
    Stalker pwns for 30 seconds and after that they are quickly disposable, but they are really good shock troops.
    Dismemberer is ridiculously nerfed prophet. Blood Infusion heals 100 hp with 3 seconds cd and requires a lot of micro. Greater heal heals 35 hp with 1 second cd and requires no micro. Inner Protection restores 30 hp when hit with an ability. Not very useful. Gaia's Armor reduces 10 damage and adds armor, making every unit it casted upon much tanky. Time lock is a very useful disable. Meditate is asking the other guy to kill your unit.
    Disciples are only good if you're massing stalkers since no fallen units would really benefit from hunger as they have very low dps.
    Corpse giant has no ability, high food cost, and does not deal enough dps to the point of just being a distraction.
    Cadavers and remnant are decent.
    Devourer are the only good unit.
  3. The Demons are very overpowered right from the start. I always pick them.
    They have the most powerful tier 1 army (Seeker), best caster (Temptress), best troops in terms of food/hp/damage with stun (Huntress), best tank (Shadow Lord), and has the ability to spawn cannon fodders with 0 food cost.
    Slasher is useless and should be replaced quickly.
    Seeker hands down is the most powerful tier 1 unit. Demonic Might adds 10 damage which is 80% buff on slashers pre-upgrade not to mention they add bash.
    Temptress are the single best caster unit with 10 seconds charm. With proper macro you could charm a prophet and time lock gaia armor or devourer area disable. Their ultimate usage was making leapers permanent unit with 0 food cost.
    Harlot is good for support.
    Huntress is best unit in terms of food cost not to mention are very versatile. Also they are self sustaining because they regen 4HP/2MP per second with swords. Web of Thorns with 150 damage/5seconds stun is very powerful.
    Annihilators are uzelezz and only for spawning leapers.
    Overseers are OP kodo beast with movement speed aura and drop point for gold and lumber.
    Slayer tanks like 3 corpse giant and hits like 10 of them.
    Terror lord mutilates enemy casters just by standing near them.
    Shadow lord is a buffed slayer with 27 armor, chaos attack, and aoe 150 dmg every 10 seconds.

Thanks for the kind words. Well balance between the races was never a priority for me because this isn't an altered melee map, but people really like the idea of being able to switch their race.

Level 4
Thanks for the kind words. Well balance between the races was never a priority for me because this isn't an altered melee map, but people really like the idea of being able to switch their race.

You are correct. That's why some people might enjoy the added challenge of using lower tiered races against powerful ones. I for one enjoyed fair match. Vanilla wasn't balanced either. When fully upgraded, orcs > everything else. Some pact units and techtrees for Fallen and Demons would be nice though. Demon could use some support caster with heal. Fallen is, well, frankly spoken, lacking in everything except Spectral Devourer :/

Level 4
I managed to keep the entire wagons safe without the usage of any cheats and this is how i do it (in particular order)
  1. Swap to Demon
  2. Build Overseers and assign workers to left and right mines
  3. Build Altar of Flames and research Chains of Obedience once it is done
  4. Group the units on the top center, top left, and top right and assign a hotkey. Assign them to defend the top center towers. Enemy units will not attack your Overseer/workers on the right mine
  5. Have Sarai defend top lane to provide cover for Wagons
  6. Build Bath of Blood to tech up Dark Guide and build 3 Shadow Lords to defend the three bottom lines. The Shadow Lords will last the entire game if you micro them right (use the Spire to heal them) and the Venospi will provide the Abyss Cardinals for DPS
  7. Spam Reality Leapers to defend the three bottom lines. Replace dead units on top center defense periodically. I use 2 Temptress, 2 Seekers, 4 Mercs, and 1 Shadow Lord.
  8. I survived without defending the Bombard Cannons
  9. If you ever saw the wagon being attacked immediately use the spire to spawn infernals.

Level 7
According to hauw

Those changes would be more likely and right to happen if the map was for
pvp purposes, which it is not

the other races are as strong as they are because they are your enemies
and you are GIVEN the option to play as them, so saying they are op is true,
however one fact remains
and that fact is that you are playing story of the Canid

If the Demons and Fallen were nerfed OR buffed in any way, it would cause you to have a very
easy/hard campaign, it would also create alot of work for ArneXis

(if you want to) Think about it this way : finish the whole campaign as canid
first, then judge what was easy to play against and what was damn hard to
kill, OR took you long time to create units and attack

Then think about certain moments of the campaign and how easier/harder
would they be, if they were buffed / nerfed

I have enjoyed Ascension very much, because if you play as canid or try
fallen in some missions the missions become more challenging
If you try the demons in missions where you cant train units, it gets
hard real quick, if you play them in missions where you can train units it gets easy...

Level 4
This campaign is definitely one of the best campaign i've ever played and i have a blast playing it.
And apparently I've completed the entire achievement except the Magic Sprite Flute, where can i find it? O.O
I wish you could continue the story until finish i'm dying to see how this campaign ends.

About the race, well i've tried them, Fallen is much weaker and Demon is much stronger.

The only map which i can't complete perfectly without swapping into Demon is the 5th map.
It's ridiculously impossible to save all the wagons if you have to replace your units all the time.
With Terror Lords strategy i've mentioned above you can cover all 3 lower lines and they will survive if you micro them properly.
Sarai can cover the top line and that's 30 food for 4 lines and neither the Canid or the Fallen can achieve that.
With 15 food for workers and 35 food for the rest you pretty much have the wagon protected and starting in wave 16 go 120 food with seeker/temptress/harlot/huntress.
I prefer temptress to charm prosecutors (preferably Slayers because Terror Lords and Shadow Lords have resistant skin).

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090715_185827_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090715_185827_02.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 158
Level 12
This campaign is definitely one of the best campaign i've ever played and i have a blast playing it.
And apparently I've completed the entire achievement except the Magic Sprite Flute, where can i find it? O.O
I wish you could continue the story until finish i'm dying to see how this campaign ends.

About the race, well i've tried them, Fallen is much weaker and Demon is much stronger.

The only map which i can't complete perfectly without swapping into Demon is the 5th map.
It's ridiculously impossible to save all the wagons if you have to replace your units all the time.
With Terror Lords strategy i've mentioned above you can cover all 3 lower lines and they will survive if you micro them properly.
Sarai can cover the top line and that's 30 food for 4 lines and neither the Canid or the Fallen can achieve that.
With 15 food for workers and 35 food for the rest you pretty much have the wagon protected and starting in wave 16 go 120 food with seeker/temptress/harlot/huntress.
I prefer temptress to charm prosecutors (preferably Slayers because Terror Lords and Shadow Lords have resistant skin).

The new update will be here very soon, I got held back by a few bugs and some race rebalances.

Level 4
I've completed everything, ask me anything about the campaign. I'm not going to spill the beans with the new version when i completed them though :p
Also i don't mind helping you with the new version. What can i say, i'm the one who brought up with the balance issue XD

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090815_194235_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090815_194235_01.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 141
Level 12
--------= Updated to version 1.3 =--------

What's New?
Zombies!!!
zombies.png

Yes, the long awaited race is finally here, crazier and scarier that ever before. Once they hit critical mass the can't be stopped.

Minor and Major reworks to various acts.
quests.png
Act 1:
Side Quests have been reworked.
Darnas' Quest has been made more interesting. Astaburs location has changed.
Shops sell better items.

Act 3:
The layout of the village has been drastically changed. It's now easier to complete the pact quest that before, the reasoning behind this is that it was far easier to get to the Soul Corrupter than complete the "Ooze potion". The Soul Corrupter is now harder to access.
-Swaping has been added to Act 3!

Act 4:
Added Zombie support, you can now hire zombies when you swap to them.

Act 5: "Deep Fall" has been redesigned: The cannons can now be controlled and ordered where to fire. The layout itself has been changed and the combat has been less linear.

Act 6: A few dwarven quests have been changed and redesigned.

New items and recipes!
newitems.png
Now there are move item vendors, they sell better items and more recipes can be found in all the acts. Some of these recipes can be completed instantly from buying their parts and some need you to find the missing components.

Race tweaks!
new_units.png
All the races have been tweaked and rebalanced, the Fallen having been hit the hardest. New units and abilities have been added to various races. Check them all out!
Your backpack is your friend now!
Remember that annoying thing where your backpack would need several tries before you could drop or pickup items? Well no more! The backpack now performs the same way as the hero. No more need to rapid clicks.

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I remember playing this back in the days it was released. To be honest there aren't any fresh or joyful memories about it now but I remember I played it all through, at least the levels that were made at the time.

Level 5
This game is bugged as fuck the last time i played it, sarai cannot even destroy the barrad walls to get the TNT inside the castle in chapter 3, well played now im stuck. "unable to target tree" lame horse shit.

Level 20
This game is bugged as fuck the last time i played it, sarai cannot even destroy the barrad walls to get the TNT inside the castle in chapter 3, well played now im stuck. "unable to target tree" lame horse shit.

Never seen this bugs you speak off.

Level 12

The barred walls cannot be attacked, it's not a bug, and the area you saw (with cheats prob) is accessed by different means. Walk around, look around, you'll figure it out.

Level 15
.........Sarofa that's not even how you get to the TNT. I'd tell you how but I feel like Arnexis may want you to figure it out yourself.
Also, I like how the new zombie race acts like actual zombies having units that spawn more zombies by killing. Although I myself prefer a undead race more oriented around skeletons and armor haunted by dead souls. I like classical, what can I say?

Level 1
I have a encountered bug in chapter 2 where Vareikos never spawns. It happens every time even if i try to restart the mission.

Level 12
She is in the cinematic but is gone when the gameplay starts. No backpack either.

http://imgur.com/HEEtDU5

The whole cache doesn't load for you, meaning an error occurred in chapter one. I'll look into this. Did you swap your race?

Meanwhile you might want to replay chapter one (with cheats or with a different swapped race) that should re-save the cache and load the hero in chapter 2 normally.

Level 1
The whole cache doesn't load for you, meaning an error occurred in chapter one. I'll look into this. Did you swap your race?

Meanwhile you might want to replay chapter one (with cheats or with a different swapped race) that should re-save the cache and load the hero in chapter 2 normally.

The only race related thing I did was swapping the lycanthropes with vampires when I completed that quest in chapter one.

Level 12
Huh, that didn't happen to me and I picked Pact of Blood. Also Arnexis I noticed you changed Vareikos voice... It was different before, who voice acted it? And also can we get one for the vampires :)

The pacts you choose and the race you swap to don't cause this bug. There's probably an error in saving that happens very rarely. And for the voices, I cut sound files for them. Vareikos, Sarai and the Lycanthroper are so far the only ones that have them. As for the vampires, i dunno, if i find an interesting voice then sure :)