• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

s812n1.png
s81K0I.png

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Shops.png

Shops2.png

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
SCREENSHOTS.
140517-albums1401-picture14830.bmp

map1pic02.png

map5pic1.png

map03pic01.png

map03pic02.png

map03pic03.png

map03pic05.png

map04pic04.png

cineh.png

140517-albums1401-picture32121.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture32119.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture14824.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture26839.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture31855.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37577.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37579.jpg

Achievements.
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.
enddisplay.png

Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

demonintronew.png
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

fallenintronew.png

COMMAND LIST
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

Level 2
Pretty nice campaign. But I noticed some problems:

1. The interlude won't play on my game. :vw_wtf:

2. There's quite a few grammatical errors that others might be a tad bugged by. :ogre_icwydt:

3. The Arena in Act 2 is too hard, especially in the third and fourth rounds. :thumbs_down:

I haven't played past Act 2 (again, 'cuz the Arena was too hard), so I'm not too sure what else is wrong with it. If you can, please make changes. Other than that, great campaign so far! :grin:

Level 12
Pretty nice campaign. But I noticed some problems:

1. The interlude won't play on my game. :vw_wtf:

2. There's quite a few grammatical errors that others might be a tad bugged by. :ogre_icwydt:

3. The Arena in Act 2 is too hard, especially in the third and fourth rounds. :thumbs_down:

I haven't played past Act 2 (again, 'cuz the Arena was too hard), so I'm not too sure what else is wrong with it. If you can, please make changes. Other than that, great campaign so far! :grin:

preserve your units, use the prophets time lock ability on tougher units. oh, and be sure to explore, you'll find everything you need to win in the arena :)

Level 2
preserve your units, use the prophets time lock ability on tougher units. oh, and be sure to explore, you'll find everything you need to win in the arena :)

OK, never mind, I beat it. It was tough, took several do-overs, and barely made it out of Act 2, but I managed to beat the campaign (with the help of some cheat codes, of course... :grin: ).

Anyway, good story, nice selection of units and puzzles, overall not a bad campaign! :thumbs_up: It could use a few more Acts and possibly and epilogue cinematic, though...

Keep up the good work!

Level 5
I liked this campaign,

But It has been a while since you posted an update, so I am very happy that you picked things up again.

Please keep working on it,
And I cant wait for the next vers.

Level 27
Actually, it took some time for Black Rosa (Or whatever it was called earlier) to evolve into ascention, and the changes were very massive - from an intresting altered melee race campaing it transformed into a more advanced one with more alterations and innovations, and I can say the waiting was worth it. Still, I'm really curious too what is the progress with the next version.

Level 12
Well the next chapters are going well, I've been working on a thing called ''pacts'' , they would alternate your units building etc. When you complete a specific quest you get to choose a pact. Lets say you choose a ''arcane'' pact, then your mystics would become stronger, maybe the got new spells or some spells got replaced or if you choose a ''nature'' pact maybe some of your units get replaced with others etc..

Well the next chapters are going well, I've been working on a thing called ''pacts'' , they would alternate your units building etc. When you complete a specific quest you get to choose a pact. Lets say you choose a ''arcane'' pact, then your mystics would become stronger, maybe the got new spells or some spells got replaced or if you choose a ''nature'' pact maybe some of your units get replaced with others etc..

Sounds fun.

Level 12
Well you can play without them, your race wont be weaken, but they alternate your play style, say if you want to be more aggressive in missions or focus more on spellcasters or debuffs they will change what units do what. Like the default Prophet is a buffing support unit - with a few pacts you could make it into a debuffing battle mage. Other units can alternate also, get removed/added etc.. :)

Level 5
that could just be the best Idea for an alternate melee map style ever!!!

It would mean that:
-you can't predict your opponents moves anymore by just looking at which race they use.
-every player developes his own style which is awesome.
-not 1 match will be the same for every unit can be specified to 1 out of 2/3 roles.
-It would open a whole new world of possibilities and strategies.

Just Brilliant!

Level 5
You should think about what I just said,
And consider it for a while.......
Might be a Great Idea for a new alternate melee style (in my opinion)

Level 4
Hmmmm bug in the first map where I couldn't cross the bridge after following the spirit across the map to all of the pedestals. The bridge raised outta the water but I still couldn't cross it.

Level 1
In chapter 1 when you follow the spirit to all those things it makes up a bridge. However you are unable to use the bridge because there are rocks in the shoreline blocking your path to there.

Level 12
UPDATED TO 1.2

P.S don't scalp me if I missed something and left a bug. I've been testing this thing for two days and it should be fairly bug free, but if it's not please report.

Short version if you didn't read the description:

use "-ac" to check the map achievements.

use "-acg" to check the general achievements.

use "-swapon" to swap your race.

Level 15
ooh is this campaign complete??sweet, i tried it a while ago and though it was a beta then i see from the posts its got better(it was still pretty good, intense storyline, and a fully custom set of races.i enjoyed this games wondrous storyline and gameplay). Ghoul City was particularly CHILLING, pacts also sound VEEERY interesting. i am very interested in the pacts, it would be cool if characters were somewhat influenced by their pacts in certain cinematic. but that is a bit too advanced...

Level 3
Best warcraft 3 campaign i have ever played. Realy enjoing this game. Im now at chapter six and everything was great so far. Just level 5 could be a bit shorter.
Imo should get atlest 5 points if not dc.

Level 5
My thoughts and suggestions after playing through:

I really loved the custom races they have a good depth and variety. The usage of custom models made it a really good experience to play the Canid badasses. This was simply spot on.

The terrain was absolutely beautiful and felt alive. Which is something thats hard to do with the outdated graphic of WC3 really good job.

The story was good the whole theme about another demon invasion is a bit generic but you managed to pull it of very well.

I liked the idea of switching out certain units through the pacts. However some upgrades seem more like a down grade. The heal spell was much more useful for me then the -50% magic damage resistance spell it was replaced with.

The energy phoenix concept is awesome but since its currently my only healing unit I dislike that it makes fights so stationary and especially that it needs 150 mana to switch back out of mana form. I would love to see a way to have the heal on prophets and having one or two phoenixs in my army.

The elder druid hero wasn't much to my liking. For my taste she needs some AoE spell for my taste and her ultimate seems so casual while all others have something unique to it the ultimate is just a plain nuke.

Also this game revolves around RNG a little to much for my taste. The magic orb for example can give you a game breaking I'm gonna faceroll the entire map item or can barely do anything. Spell crits are another think sometimes you deal so much damage and sometimes you don't.

My suggestion is to change the magic orb to work with rune coins. Once you click it a button menu appears and lets you choose an effect you will have to pay for that effect.

For spell crits I would like to see this gone. You could replace Elder druids with a general spell damage increase or just add an AoE damage spell in its place.

The abyss claw is a nice hero with a good burst but as she is an agile type. I would love to see her first skill blinking her to her target. Her third skill seemed pointless to me. I'm not sure if this skill kills a target or reduces its HP to one. If the later is the case then I would hope you could change that to kill. I couldn't never really tell because I always focus fire with many units. And even if it hit in most cases the attacked unit wouldn't have lived the next second anyway.

Her ult is unique and forces tactical choices. Will I use it will it will reduce my hp or do I use it later so it heals. That was fine but I think the scaling is missing on this one. Since all other skills scale with attributes.

I suggest make it set HP to 500 + X x Str. Where X would something like the level or so.

I would write a little more but I have to take my leave now. But thank you for putting together this campaign that was fun for me to play.

Level 12
hoo-boy, spectral devourers!!!i am soo race switiching to fallen. maybe... you can swap back right??

Well you can't swap it back in the same mission but you can swap it around in the next ones.
(Long post)
Thanks for playing and thanks for the pointers. You gave me a lot of valuable information.

About the pacts, yeah I fell myself that the arcane pact is a bit weak I'll probably rework it some time later.

About the elder druid hero, I doubt that I'll make any aoe spells for her, but there are items that can make some spells cause aoe damage. The elder druid is more of a single powerful unit killer and the abyss claw is more for killing mases of weak units. Also, I can't get rid of magic criticals that would kill the hero concept for the elder druid completely.

About the magical orb, I dunno, I played my map like 10 times over and never got a good item, the chance is minimal, but I'll look into it. Maybe make it give only manuals and Str/Agi/Int increases. (The idea of buying stats is also very interesting, maybe I'll find a use for it somewhere.)

About the abyss claws third ability, it reduces the HP to 1, it did however once instant kill the target, but that caused a bit of a problem, the way the trigger works would allow her to instant kill masses of units because she doesn't perform her attack when the skill lands. On her ultimate, there is an item that increases the HP restored when you cast it, I'll see what can be done with that.

Last edited:
Level 4
I am doing a replay of the campaign with Iseedeadpeople enabled and I noticed in chapter 2 there is a section where there are monsters in cells which I could see were being used for the arena battle. I noticed that in total, it only pulled half of them from those cells. There were another set in 3 or 4 different cells which were tougher than the other set that completed the arena battle. My question is, how do you access the second set of them? I went back into the arena but nothing happened. What is the deal with those?

Level 4
They appear in hard difficulty. :)

Ahh okay. What about in chapter three. Near where the boss is that you make the potion to help kill, there is a glowing summoning circle type thing just northeast of him. What is that for? I thought maybe standing on it would reveal but alas it didn't....

Level 4
I'm stuck in chapter 6 now in the mines where you have to clear the undead. There is a room with runes on the floors but no hints of what to do. Also I cleared the room that had all those barrels that spawn undead when you attack the lever. There is nothing else to do though. The gate is locked. I've killed all undead up to those points but cannot find anything to open the doors. Should something have dropped?

Level 4
For the first problem you have to kill the lever completely, take down to 0 HP.
And the second one is a puzzle, maybe you'll figure it out. :)

Okay, for the puzzle, I have tried a couple things, standing on all the different runes, or having a unit walk a certain path up to the doors. Am I getting warmer/colder?

Level 4
I like the additional chapters as well. I don't feel like the campaign is complete as it is, either in story or game play. I feel like with the progress you've made with these heroes, starting a new campaign would leave no closure for this one. The characters weren't maxed out in levels and there wasn't by any means a feel of a "final mission" especially since they split off for the two missions. Having a final mission where they reunite gives more of a feeling of closure to it. Plus again, these characters were fun to develop in the game with their skills and abilities.

Level 12
Yeah, the feeling's mutual, I have planed out the next 3 missions and already have 2 of them in "demo" state, I guess I'll keep adding to this one. The only problem with that is when the next chapters are released you'll have to play the old ones all over again and thats the part i don't like.

P.S how did your the end stats looks?

Level 15
i am a full supporter of this campaign,and i look forward to playing it over and over. BTW where's the final piece of vijazza?i found the comb robe and rope but not the dust, and i blew the city apart to attempt to find it, i gave up eventually and just took my losses..

also i want more pacts, call me crazy and eager to make pacts. but i think pacts make the canids be more fun..
also in the mission with the dwarven guilds, i couldn't find the last bottle of ale, where is it?

Attachments

• Completion.jpg
    Completion.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited: