• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

s812n1.png
s81K0I.png

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Shops.png

Shops2.png

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
SCREENSHOTS.
140517-albums1401-picture14830.bmp

map1pic02.png

map5pic1.png

map03pic01.png

map03pic02.png

map03pic03.png

map03pic05.png

map04pic04.png

cineh.png

140517-albums1401-picture32121.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture32119.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture14824.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture26839.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture31855.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37577.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37579.jpg

Achievements.
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.
enddisplay.png

Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

demonintronew.png
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

fallenintronew.png

COMMAND LIST
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

Level 1
In Act 3, The remains quest: I've been killing the swamp zombies for 15 minutes now and not one drop, i thought it was supposed to be 1/10. What gives?

Level 12
The Quest item drop is calculated by a formula that decreases the end value each time the monster dies. Say when you were killing the skeletons in the tomb. A skeleton archer had a 1/15 to drop the spine, each time you kill a skeleton archer and he doesn't drop the spine the value gets decreased by 1 making it 1/14 and so on, thus increasing the chance each time you kill them until it drops or is 1/1. But... the swamp quest has a simple formula that cycles a random number between 1 and 10 and if it is 1 it drops thus making it hard to get. I'll fix it in the next update. Oh, and I'll look into the pin bug to.

Give some more bugs if you have some, even minor ones, I'd hate to update the map for one bug and one old calculation system.

Last edited:
Level 7
I like all this a lot you've got good ideas. I'm playing the campaign at the moment and I'm on the 3rd map. Until now everything seems fine to me but I just didn't get what do I need to do to get to the boss in the middle of the first map?
Also what are all the blue units/buildings suppose to be, and why are they blue? (shown in the object editor i mean)
How can you have so much models on a map and at the same time not to have any model imported files? 0_o

Level 12
The boss is a secret, it isn't that hard to unlock it when you see a certain map point and the blue building in the editor are dummy units I use to cast spells. And for the imports.. you were probably looking at the maps import editor and not the campaigns.

Level 1
:spell_breaker:i liked playing the map - but what's with the spider-webs in the last chapter? is there anything with it, when i destroy them? ;-)

Level 2
Definitely one of the best two campaigns I've played (the other one is The Black Company). I thought the storyline was very origin (except maybe for the Demons) and the units except for maybe the Canid Archer were very original too.

Level 2
Great use of skins. Several typos, and, on the Black Smith, it says "drop-off for lumber" or something like that, when it should be "drop-off for crystals" Great terrain, loved the spider.

Your spider-ish people remind me a lot of the Drow/Dark Elves/Drider, they're spiders, Drow are obsessed with them, and, they both feel dark. I'd love to see more levels and play as the Fallen and play with the more RTS element.

Last edited:
Level 12
Great use of skins. Several typos, and, on the Black Smith, it says "drop-off for lumber" or something like that, when it should be "drop-off for crystals" Great terrain, loved the spider.

Your spider-ish people remind me a lot of the Drow/Dark Elves/Drider, they're spiders, Drow are obsessed with them, and, they both feel dark. I'd love to see more levels and play as the Fallen and play with the more RTS element.

I've been actually thinking of adding cheats by which you could swap your race, but I've been lately overwhelmed with finding place to study. But I have new ideas that I will implement in the near future. :)

Level 3
Act 3 got really annoying. It was generally easy but I had to do it several times.
I didn't know what the optionals required so I just killed all the enemy spawning things, then I found an optional that required bones so I restarted.
Then I found the other easy ones with killing Swamp Zombies, had half my army patrol over there until it dropped.
Then I killed it all, searched for 3rd optional, found it, then was all "Seriously?" It was the Drow Archer one (something involving those Archers, not bones)

The final boss would be easier if your Devastation system worked off of "Unit is Damaged" instead of "Unit is Attacked".
Unit is Damaged =/= Generic, is specific, so if you were to use it you'd need a trigger to check all the units on the map, add the event (Event is destroyed when the unit dies) and another for when a unit enters the map.
That's all if you DO do that instead of Unit is Attacked

Level 12
Act 3 got really annoying. It was generally easy but I had to do it several times.
I didn't know what the optionals required so I just killed all the enemy spawning things, then I found an optional that required bones so I restarted.
Then I found the other easy ones with killing Swamp Zombies, had half my army patrol over there until it dropped.
Then I killed it all, searched for 3rd optional, found it, then was all "Seriously?" It was the Drow Archer one (something involving those Archers, not bones)

The final boss would be easier if your Devastation system worked off of "Unit is Damaged" instead of "Unit is Attacked".
Unit is Damaged =/= Generic, is specific, so if you were to use it you'd need a trigger to check all the units on the map, add the event (Event is destroyed when the unit dies) and another for when a unit enters the map.
That's all if you DO do that instead of Unit is Attacked

So wait, I don't understand, why did you have to restart to do the bones part?

Level 3
Sorry, I'm one to be VERY thorough with my campaigns.
I do all the optionals and explore the map as much as possible.

Oh, and lower the priority for spellcasters. In the last playable map I didn't even bring other units except healers in the back microing for me.
The healer's Shield thing doesn't show it's hotkey, which is F.

Level 12
Sorry, I'm one to be VERY thorough with my campaigns.
I do all the optionals and explore the map as much as possible.

Oh, and lower the priority for spellcasters. In the last playable map I didn't even bring other units except healers in the back microing for me.
The healer's Shield thing doesn't show it's hotkey, which is F.

Alright, I'll fix that, Thanks for the pointers.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Nice campaign,

Noticed some screechy stuff: cinematic can't be skipped, selling items won't give you anything, upgrading manual doesn't work for non-"buyable" items, some area of effect problems for vortex of healing.
I would like Siren to be a hero with unique abilities like the others.
There should be more implication in the storyline, it seems to be missing.

Congratulations for your hard work. Waiting for a finish.

Level 3
Well mate, you did a sterling job! Your campaing is awesome from many veiwpoints. It's hard but balanced and the missions' structure is innovative and entertaining.
If I may, I would give you the following suggestions to further improve your work:

1) OBJECTS! The range and type of objects you created is great, but it is REALLY annoying that you can't carry more than six. Maybe adding another inventory, or giving standard troops the upgrade to carry objects would definitely give the efforts you made in designing new items their full effect.

2) No cinematic at the end of the campaign? Come on, you made a tasty cake, you can't miss the icing on it :)

This said, I give you 5 out of 5 with flying colors!

P.S. I didn't see your message, sorry. I upgraded the version and the campaign worked fine.

Level 3
I dont want to be rude and all but i opened one of your maps and saw that there are many unused doodats you could delete all of the unused doodad models. Cuz i thot you were using the UTM

Level 12
Well mate, you did a sterling job! Your campaing is awesome from many veiwpoints. It's hard but balanced and the missions' structure is innovative and entertaining.
If I may, I would give you the following suggestions to further improve your work:

1) OBJECTS! The range and type of objects you created is great, but it is REALLY annoying that you can't carry more than six. Maybe adding another inventory, or giving standard troops the upgrade to carry objects would definitely give the efforts you made in designing new items their full effect.

2) No cinematic at the end of the campaign? Come on, you made a tasty cake, you can't miss the icing on it :)

This said, I give you 5 out of 5 with flying colors!

P.S. I didn't see your message, sorry. I upgraded the version and the campaign worked fine.

Thanks, how generous of you, and yeah, I'm thinking of adding a bag for every hero. I'm also thinking of adding achievement board that woulds show things like: how much coins you collected, how many units you killed, how many secrets you found, Highest Magic Critical damage and other stuff.

Visimirsit said:
I dont want to be rude and all but i opened one of your maps and saw that there are many unused doodads you could delete all of the unused doodad models. Cuz i thot you were using the UTM

Well yeah the map has around 2000 imports so its hard to track whats used and not, and what might be used or was. I think I'll keep them just in case. :)

Level 5
played yesterday (with cheats :grin:) and as far as i can say =
Great Campaign
You greatly used models (but, the Werewolf thingie have same animations as Apostote or how its called. For me it kinda killed gameplay, where my enemy attacks same as my ally, moves as my ally etc. You could use another werewolf model, there are plenty of those on hive :grin:)
The terrain is awesome
Enemies are sick (the zombies in 3 act made me roflmao. Kicked by legs and punched by arms attached to chest :grin: :grin: )
Whole campaign really inspired me to make new meele campaign :grin: thank you and hope you will finish this, maybe add some maps where you can play for Fallen.

Level 12
Thanks, There will be more maps but with a few updates between them. In the next update I'll implement a backpack system, a more advanced enchanting/upgrading system, a Achievement board and probably the cheat to switch your race but I don't know, I'll have to think about that one. :)

packpic01.png
+
packpic02.png

The new system will wait for you to drop the manual on the item you want to upgrade, so it won't be so annoying when you have more enchantable items.

Level 27
Intresting, so you say that now you'll have to upgade items kinda like you could combine diferent items in phase killer? Awesome!

By the way, it's kinda off-topic, but with what trrigers did you made so it detects that you moved item on another one and replaces them?

Achievements? Will there be some silly ones like kill two enemies with a toilet? Okay, enough Half Life 2 references. Achievements sound nice, hpe you'll get some kind of bonus for completeing them, like shall we say a simbolical few coin prize... or revealing of some secret cheat... or some kind of extra unit...

Level 12
The trigger is insane, took me 2 hours to get it done good, I combined 3 other triggers, the usual upgrading trigger that I use now a trigger that stacks items when you want them and the trigger trigger that looks where the items are. It has only one minor problem, lets If you have 2 upgrading manual in slots 2 and 3 and the item your enchanting is in slot 1 if you use the manual in slot 3 it will use the one in slot 2 also, But I don't thinks thats a big problem.

You can kill enemies with toilets in Half-Life 2? :D never knew that.

Yeah, Those are really good ideas, maybe I'll make locked tech that you could unlock. I don't know yet, I'm now trying to combine the 10 upgrading triggers into one for some better performance.

Level 27
Yup, optimising is immportant...
Well, you could actually get some kind of system that for achievement and stuff like that you get special points, which dep[ending from that map can be used to get special bonuses. Like in first mission it can give hint on how to get to the middle island, it can give you some extra upgrades or resources. It can even give some special, unique for a mission upgrades, like shall we say advanced archer damage in first one, higher hp regeneration is econd one, extra tower for base defence in fourth (Tird is cinematic, doubt it needs upgrades :D)...

Off-topic: Yes, you can grab a toliet with a gravity gun and throw it at enemies. You can find lots of toilets in Nove Prosepct and After-Revolution City 17.

Level 12
Ok, I give up, can't turn 10 triggers into one, we will have to live with the less optimized triggers :(.

EDIT:
Oh fu*k yeah! I did it. fused those 10 bastards into 1 and that also removed the minor bug.

Last edited:
Level 2
Played the campaign, and I must admit it's really improved since Red Rose.
Sure it plays akin to a Blizzard campaign, but it's still pretty good even if there's just some minor parts that appear out of place (i.e. Lycanthropers having mana when they don't actually use mana).

And if there were any part of the campaign that I really liked, it's certainly Act 3: City of Ghouls. I just loved how it felt almost akin to Survival Horror, even though your base doesn't get attacked anymore once you take out the Necromancer. Still, it is one of the more fleshed out parts of the campaign.

But, praise aside, there is just one bug that is noteworthy enough to mention (and the most annoying).
After getting the bridge to the boss in Act 1 generated (via following the sprite around the map), you still can't get to him. There's no pathing leading onto the Bridge, therefore leaving you unable to face the Boss.

Other than that, great campaign (for a beta). :thumbs_up:

Level 8
Nice campaign. I'm still on map 3, but I figured I'll type some things now.
I really like the terrain so far. The overhanging shipmasts in the sewers look great. Also the destructible walls and the hidden rooms make an interesting dungeon.

Now, I downloaded this some time ago, finished chapter one and then couldn't load the next chapter. So I opened the campaign to make some buttons visible just to play on. I advise you to make a cheat ("IhatemycrappynonpatchedW3" or something like that) to make the button for chapter 2 visible so people can still continue the campaign.

Please add passive buttons! New abilities are great, but it takes some time to get used to. Maybe it's just me being lazy, but I find it a bit hard to comprehend some abilities. Passive and Autocast buttons will do wonders to that. You can download the icon creator tool to make passive buttons easy in gimp/photoshop.

I noticed that you've added a bag system, which is good. You may also consider having units carrying items for the hero. I remember walking back and forth a lot in chapter one. Playing the campaign for the first time is also quite confusing as to what certain items actually do. The most frustrating are the custom power-up tomes. You could add a basic description in the text-description field in the editor. Things like: part of recipe/attribute bonus/item bash etc.

Those corpse giants are a giant pain. Man, fortified armor, 5 base armor, 4 food and targeted as stucture is just annoying as hell. Even with my balista's firing nothing happend because of the armor upgrades. Ok, do whatever you like with them i just had to get this off my chest :p

I'll give you a better review once i've finished all of the maps.

Level 12
Well I don't know if I'll add the "IhatemycrappynonpatchedW3" thing in, the problem with that is, hero saving when a hero wasn't loaded from the next map, though it could be done. Isn't it just easier to update warcraft? :)

As for the bag system, yes, there will be a bag system. 1 for each hero. It will be a dummy hero attached to your normal hero, you wont see it and stuff, so it will be like the hero has an actual bag, just need to fix up a few things, like quest related items being in the bang inventory and causing confusion.

For the corpse giants.. I don't know I don't know :smile:, nobody complained earlier. Although it's probably because many players play with cheats these days. maybe I'll lower there armor or add a specific weakness.

Have fun with the rest of the Campaign. :)

Level 8
Hey, I finished the campaign. After replaying the race grows a little on me, but I still think that passive and autocast buttons would make it easier for new players to comprehend new abilities. After playing chapter four the item system became much clearer to me aswell. If you like; I placed some random thoughts below:

I must say I really love the puzzle aspects of the third level. The quest bag is a pretty cool idea (I'd never seen it anyway), as were the enterable houses and dungeons. Also that dynamite was quite usefull (on the enemies aswell :p). Overall I'd say this is your best map yet, although I cheated at the boss fight (sorry).

In the fourth map I liked the shop idea before playing the level. But it is the first time you can use your rune coins, correct? The mercenary camps got worse units towards the end (or is that just my opinion), which makes you want to keep your original guys at all times. A nice touch.
The level does play in a straight line without much extra's. The huge variety of units makes it a bit messy to develop a strategy based on your own units. This works in this level, I'm only pointing this out because I hope your next chapter will have more of those secret passages/tricks as in the third level and your custom races can steal the show a bit.

I also replayed a bit of the first map and realized that last time I must have played on hard mode.. hence the giants :p. I also found that there are a lot of extra things that can apparently be skipped. The first time around I spend a great deal of time dealing with the bossfight, doing the optionals etc. In my book this is a plus as it gives the player freedom. I could only suggest to give the fallen AI a bit of staying power, but meh who really cares about them when you can fight an uber boss.

In terms of showing off your custom races: you could add a little altered melee map to the campaign where you can play with the full venospi, canid or fallen races. Just a little idea.

Cheat: Well, actually it would work (but after completing chapter one) because the gamecache would have stored the hero. Anyways, do whatever you want, I only made the suggestion because I saw other people with the same problem and because I stopped playing the campaign for a while because of it (and missed out :p).

The enchanting tomes: You probably made it, but you could add a comment regarding the upgrading of certain items when you first receive a tome. I also noticed that they aren't 'actively used' (editor) but rather removed by trigger. If this is the case you could make the tome stay in the inventory when there's nothing to enchant.

Absorb Life doesn't target flyers :( (Or is that intended?)

Well keep up the good work. I'll be expecting a stellar chapter 5 :p

P.S. How long did it take you to get this far? It looks like over a years work already.. man, respect for the hard work.

Level 12
To Sage Chow:
Well, when I started working on it, it was primitive, no custom skills, I barely could trigger and so on, I started it at 2007 and worked on it then didn't then did and so on. The main problem I had was with balancing, the story and adding a cool idea when I come up with it.

As for the melee map:- I'll add a cheat that will let you swap your race when your playing the campaign,whenever it will be Canid, Fallen, Demon, Machine etc.

I'm glad you liked chapter 3, most people that talk to me like that one the most too.

As for the shops being only in chapter 4, well yes, there's only one shop in chapter 1 that sells weak items and no shops in chapters 2 and 3. I'm currently thinking of a way to make the shops appear more in the maps.
Oh, btw, I think i can't edit user created icons without permission from the creator.

To deepblade: it's an icon created by CRAZYRUSSIAN, as it is an icon I can't make it bigger.

Level 2
Nvm, they opened up after digging the tomb... Hell... I still have to restart cause i killed all those undead spawning buildings.....

Level 1
great map!! seems like the last post was exactly 1 yr ago, wonder if it's still active and are you still making the campaign? hope it is.
anyway just played the 1st map, but got a problem with the Sprite quest. after the sprite lead me to all the altars, the bridge was formed but i couldnt cross the bridge to get to the boss. is there something else that i should do?

Level 1
great map!! seems like the last post was exactly 1 yr ago, wonder if it's still active and are you still making the campaign? hope it is.
anyway just played the 1st map, but got a problem with the Sprite quest. after the sprite lead me to all the altars, the bridge was formed but i couldnt cross the bridge to get to the boss. is there something else that i should do?

ignore my post. i must be dreaming about the dates. lol.
seems like some1 posted on the Sprite quest bug already. looking forward to your new version soon.

Level 1
could anyone tell me why i just cant go through the bridge in map 1? i have activate the gem towers already but when i command my man to the island they just stop before the bridge and do nothing.. is it a bug?

Level 3
Seems like a great campaign...

:)

But I noticed one "bug" ;

The bone staff says it decreases damage by 10.
But in the reality it only decreases damage by 5.

---
And a question;
What are the sol soldier supposed to say/do ;

-He aint doing anything in it. (for me)-

Great Campaign so far, but Im stuck right now ;)

Level 12
I'm glad you like it.
The bone staff part is not a bug, it only looks that it decreases by -5 but the staff also increases intellect by +5 and since the heroes main attribute is intellect it increases damage making it look that way.
As for the soldier, he gives instruction where to find a human camp, but he speaks when you get close to him and not when you interact/skip.
And at what part are you stuck?