• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

s812n1.png
s81K0I.png

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Shops.png

Shops2.png

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
SCREENSHOTS.
140517-albums1401-picture14830.bmp

map1pic02.png

map5pic1.png

map03pic01.png

map03pic02.png

map03pic03.png

map03pic05.png

map04pic04.png

cineh.png

140517-albums1401-picture32121.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture32119.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture14824.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture26839.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture31855.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37577.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37579.jpg

Achievements.
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.
enddisplay.png

Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

demonintronew.png
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

fallenintronew.png

COMMAND LIST
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

Level 4
Yeah, the feeling's mutual, I have planed out the next 3 missions and already have 2 of them in "demo" state, I guess I'll keep adding to this one. The only problem with that is when the next chapters are released you'll have to play the old ones all over again and thats the part i don't like.

P.S how did your the end stats looks?

Oh yeah I forgot to post them. Here is the word file with the screenshot(that is the only way I know how to post these things)

Well as far as replaying, I guess I don't mind so much because now that I think of it, I really don't like the particular pacts I chose. I didn't realize that the first one was one chosen by clicking either the spirit or the elf. I missed the text that said that because for some reason the in game dialogue of characters does not show on my screen. I don't know if that is a bug, but it happened recently in another campaign I downloaded and played so I don't know. But I had only seen the one pact from the spirit and thought it was a bug, so I had chosen that one. I really like the one from the elf though, especially the wisp that can harvest wood better. I only wished the duration was a little longer but meh what the heck.

I really did enjoy this campaign overall, especially the game play and the potential for great variety of customizing the heroes through playing. I really liked those seals that gave random chance happenings. The terrain was absolutely top of the line.

I feel like there could have been slightly more tomes of enchantment, but then again if you're planning additional chapters, that will easily be rectified in them I'm sure. The other thing was some of the grammar/misspellings and even the way some of the dialogue was worded could have used some improvement/adjustment. Don't know if you have someone assisting you with that but I am REALLY good at stuff like that. If you wanted to message me bits and pieces from the chapters, I'd be happy to send a message with a comparison back with proposed changes. If not no biggie, but keep up the good work overall.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    632.5 KB · Views: 155
Level 2
I cant describe how outstanding this project is. I suddenly realized that, it has already made me love you and your future works.

Oh man those skins, chars and the terrain created the captivating ambiance with the cinematics took me far away from myself.

If custom voice acting added, set item variety got numbered and patched into additional optional quests whilst we had multiple story path and skill professions to follow, it'd be like a waking dream in your dream campaign.

Overall material owners and those contributed to this project, i want to bite you so hard from oversatisfaction.

Level 12
The other thing was some of the grammar/misspellings and even the way some of the dialogue was worded could have used some improvement/adjustment. Don't know if you have someone assisting you with that but I am REALLY good at stuff like that. If you wanted to message me bits and pieces from the chapters, I'd be happy to send a message with a comparison back with proposed changes. If not no biggie, but keep up the good work overall.

Yeah some pointers on spelling would do wonders. If you have it of course.

I cant describe how outstanding this project is. I suddenly realized that, it has already made me love you and your future works.

Oh man those skins, chars and the terrain created the captivating ambiance with the cinematics took me far away from myself.

If custom voice acting added, set item variety got numbered and patched into additional optional quests whilst we had multiple story path and skill professions to follow, it'd be like a waking dream in your dream campaign.

Overall material owners and those contributed to this project, i want to bite you so hard from oversatisfaction.

Thanks, support from you guys makes it worth it, all the time I spent working on it. Be sure to post the end score when you finish the campaign! :)

YAY!!!thanks, also i just edited the previous post with my endgame score!
i did not find the sprite flute though....hrrmmm...
question, why though would you want to give your enemies health??is this a mistake on the description of lifeforce detonation??

Thats a bit of an mistake, I meant to write the enemy units of the cursed unit get healed.

Level 4
Yeah some pointers on spelling would do wonders. If you have it of course.

Are the maps protected? I tried getting in the campaign editor to check them out individually, but it will not load them. It looks like it tries, but it eventually says not responding. It would be a lot easier to see the dialogue and then just do a cut and paste into word, but I'm wondering what the situation is about opening them...

Level 12
Are the maps protected? I tried getting in the campaign editor to check them out individually, but it will not load them. It looks like it tries, but it eventually says not responding. It would be a lot easier to see the dialogue and then just do a cut and paste into word, but I'm wondering what the situation is about opening them...

They're not protected, they're just large, it takes a lot of time to load them on slower computers.

Level 2
something is happening in the dungeon mission(the underworld,underground or whatever is called) sarai just runs around the place and goes wherever she wants without my comand(i order her to go somewhere and after a few secs she turns back and goes to some places like the mine and the portal)

Level 12
something is happening in the dungeon mission(the underworld,underground or whatever is called) sarai just runs around the place and goes wherever she wants without my comand(i order her to go somewhere and after a few secs she turns back and goes to some places like the mine and the portal)

Thats weird, I'll look into it.

Level 4

If you mean act 5, that same thing happened to me at first. I restarted and it didn't happen then. Weird though.

Level 1
Oracle

Thanks i just realized i didn't have subtitles on so i never received any responses. I love your maps by the way they're fantastic.

Level 12
Thanks, be sure to post the scoreboard once you beat the campaign. :)

EDIT: hm, I seen to have left a beta swap race in the campaign by mistake. Use "-swapzombie" to switch to it. The race has no supply giving building so you'll have to use "pointbreak" to play. It's still a work in progress race and it also might crash you warcraft 3.

Last edited:
Level 6
I feel like a lot of the dialogue needs to be rewritten or restructured, because some of it doesn't make sense in context and most of it is very flawed when it comes down to grammar and syntax.

Particularly, dialogue before/during boss scenes (such as the confrontation with Rathaman) felt forced and cheesy. A few of the transmissions here and there could benefit from being re-timed, as well.

Level 12
I feel like a lot of the dialogue needs to be rewritten or restructured, because some of it doesn't make sense in context and most of it is very flawed when it comes down to grammar and syntax.

Particularly, dialogue before/during boss scenes (such as the confrontation with Rathaman) felt forced and cheesy. A few of the transmissions here and there could benefit from being re-timed, as well.

Lucky for me there's a person that is helping me with dialog. With the next update it will be better.

Level 28
I think the terrain is all kinds of awesome (especially the surprise skeleton mine), and so far an excellent campaign. However, there are a few negative points:

Mana takes forever to regenerate, even with the +50 and +25 mana regeneration items.

Dropped items should really have at least a brief description when clicked on.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but most enemies don't react to the Lightning spell hitting them from max range. I'm not against it, as it makes soloing bosses possible, but it's strange.

Level 2
Scension fails to load

Hi, I believe i did manage to play this , but i died.
Anyways i wanted to play it again and when i loaded the campaign it just doesnt progress on progress bar - it reaches about 1/4 way , it just sits there and i see the forest as a background thats it. Also what i notice is that the campaign is purple in writing in the list of campaigns. All my others are normal white text.
I downloaded it again and still.
I even re-installed warcraft again and still i dont now what is cooking.
This campaign is not loading at all.

Any similar experiences?

Level 2
Hi, I believe i did manage to play this , but i died.
Anyways i wanted to play it again and when i loaded the campaign it just doesnt progress on progress bar - it reaches about 1/4 way , it just sits there and i see the forest as a background thats it. Also what i notice is that the campaign is purple in writing in the list of campaigns. All my others are normal white text.
I downloaded it again and still.
I even re-installed warcraft again and still i dont now what is cooking.
This campaign is not loading at all.

Any similar experiences?

Level 1
Um, if I recall correctly the loading thing happens like all the time, how long did you wait? It usually starts moving after 20-30s. Also this campaign might bug if your warcraft is outdated.

Level 1
To the creator of this map should thank with great joy by the chance to play with Sarai, because through it I was fascinated by the draenei before playing WoW. Also thank you for the great name of vareikos. Which I did my main name. Well is vareykos in fact, but from the bottom of my heart thank you for the passion you gave .