• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Death Servant 1.4a

---
Join the ever lasting killing against the Chaos Orcs.
Control the the Death Servant, and prevent the Chaos Orcs from getting global catastrophe, by exploding portals!
Shoot Death Coils and make your killing spree.
In this map - The Death Servant.
---

In this map you control the death servant, which have to prevent the orcs, from getting to the portals.
Every few seconds some orcs are spawned at the top of the map, and then moves down to the portals.
By pressing left and right arrow keys, you move the Death Servant from left, to right.
You shoot Death Coils by pressing the up arrow key.

My map is based on The Death Sheep, although the only thing used, is the terrain itself.
I might also add some other things, as for example, Death Volley, or other units if i get some positive feedback.

Release
- Changed the terrain from Black Citedal, to Underground.
- Added some effects.
- Changed spawn time interval on Grunts from 5, to 10 seconds.
- Changed spawn time interval on Raiders from 5, to 15 seconds.
- Added difficulty warnings.
- Added a new ability: Death Valley.
- Added a new ability: Chaos Coil.
- Added an Ability Tracker.
- Fixed the Death Coils path.
- Fixed some spelling errors.
- Added version number to map name.
- Updated loading screen.
- Fixed some spelling
- Changed Chaos Coils color to red
- Changed the "Death Valley" spell to "Death Jaws"
- Added difficulty settings.
- Added Statistics.
- Added "End Game" button.
- Added Spawn limit.
- Updated instructions.
- Updated "In the Future".
- Corrected some spelling.
- Changed camera distance.
- Removed info from Loading Screen.
- Corrected some spelling.
- Fixed "fade" at end.
- Fixed unit stack at level 10 and above.
- Added "Insane" difficuty setting.
- Statistics now shows after fade.
- Time survived now gives points.
- Improved terrain.
- Updated "In the future".
- Corrected the Orcs slot from Night Elf to Orc.
- Corrected description on "Insane".
If you want any previous versions, please email me at [email protected], thanks.

Keywords:
death, servant, arcade, game, mini, black, citadel, ruined, chaos, orc, prison, coil, acolyte, skeleton
Contents

The Death Servant 1.4a (Map)

Reviews
19:02, 12th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 14
Interesting, i shall test it.
EDIT:
I loved it. A fun and short minigame that kills time fast.
It was lagless and bugless, and it was fun.
I'll rate it 4/5.
Suggestions: Maybe add a special ability like something that kills everything on the area.

Level 6

wow :eekani:... that was fast :xxd:

EDIT:
EDIT:
I loved it. A fun and short minigame that kills time fast.
It was lagless and bugless, and it was fun.
I'll rate it 4/5.
Suggestions: Maybe add a special ability like something that kills everything on the area.

thanks man! at last i have made something that got a good respond XD
and i might add the special thingy later on... but i have thought of a "Death Volley" as a secondary attack
i cant describe how im feeling now... its a mix of: WOOOWW he liked it!!!... and: dam... gotta make something more now... XD

Last edited:
Level 9
how much time would you spend on finishing the map? I'll try it anyway

Edit: that was more fun than I expected, was bug and lag free

I got some suggestions tho, maybe if you want to update:

-I wish the cooldown for the attack wasn't so long, I'd love to spam it like in spade invaders, then I'd have killed much more ^^ (I killed exactly 1000 orcs)

-this suggestion is more like a 'what if' thing, it would be cool if you had different attacks, for example, one that explodes on hit and kills surrounding units

Anyway, this map deserves a 4

Level 6
how much time would you spend on finishing the map? I'll try it anyway

Edit: that was more fun than I expected, was bug and lag free

I got some suggestions tho, maybe if you want to update:

-I wish the cooldown for the attack wasn't so long, I'd love to spam it like in spade invaders, then I'd have killed much more ^^ (I killed exactly 1000 orcs)

-this suggestion is more like a 'what if' thing, it would be cool if you had different attacks, for example, one that explodes on hit and kills surrounding units

Anyway, this map deserves a 4

cool ^^... maybe i'll add a difficulty thing at start where you could choose from: Easy: 0.3 sec, Medium: 0.6, or Hard: 0.9 sec
but idk... maybe next version :p might also redo the ugly ass terrain XD

EDIT:
HAHA!! >:D
i got 1990... try to beat THAT score >:D

Last edited:
Level 6
sounds really fun i will try it out ^^

edit : Tested it. Here's some feedback ^^

Well, it is incredibly fun for such a simple map. Great time killer :D

I like the idea of having multiple abilities. However, you can take it a bit further. You start off with death coil. After a certain number of kill you get chaos coil. More kills and you get death valley etc...etc...

Also, only 3 chaos units... maybe add some more units, and not only speed improvement. Maybe add units which can take 2 hits before dying. And why not units which use abilities? Like shamans which cast anti magic shield which absorbs 1 damage. And add units with more abilities - maybe a blademaster which can make illusions... or tauren which can stun you and will have reinkarnation.

anyway, great map, pretty simple (simple is better ^^ ), pretty fun and fun=great :p .5/5

Level 9
ok the new version looks nice, I played till I got 4200 kills, level 19, and I still had 13 lives

The problem was that it spawned too much units (I used iseedeadpeople and saw like 100s of them up there, so it was too easy to defend with them lagging.

I'm thinking the higher the level the more units u send, but too much units will cause problems, so I'd advice to make more(faster) unit types.

I loved the chaos coil and dead valey, which I used as my ace in the hole ^^

EMPerror's idea of units with abilities is nice too, but I'm not sure how you're gonna do that, they will stop to cast their spells

Also last remark which I forgot to say last time too: it would be more fun if you could just hold left or right instead of tapping it the whole time :cool:

So congratz on the improvements, 2 thumbs up

Level 6
I am planning on making a "statestics" when you die... so you die and then it lists all your lifes lost over time your difficulty level your total kills your total time played and other...
also in version
2.0 i want to make an"arcade" mode and some diffículty chooses at start like: "Fun" and such... i think i have said that before... nvm
im just typuing this fast so please ignore any grammar :p

EDIT:
Updated =D
changed the death valley to a mass death coil as EMPerror suggested

Last edited:
Level 3
this is a good map but after difficult 22 very bad : orcs dont move, much orcs are spawning and laggs.
but in replay i saw to orcs and wtf? there are some triangles wich are crazy
map is funny but the bug after 22 is bad ):
3/5

and i got score of 5000

EDIT : ShrEad-ER, try make a anti-cheat-system for those who think the can have so much score that is never makeable

Level 6
this is a good map but after difficult 22 very bad : orcs dont move, much orcs are spawning and laggs.
but in replay i saw to orcs and wtf? there are some triangles wich are crazy
map is funny but the bug after 22 is bad ):
3/5

and i got score of 5000

EDIT : ShrEad-ER, try make a anti-cheat-system for those who think the can have so much score that is never makeable

I my self haven't gotten to level 22 ><
I'll try fixing it this weekend (no promise tho as my calender is bombed :p)
But do you have any idea on fixing this?
  • Difficulty
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
    • Actions
      • Wait 45.00 seconds
      • Player - Add 1 to Player 1 (Red) Food used
      • Set Chaos_Peon = (Chaos_Peon + 2)
      • Set Chaos_Grunt = (Chaos_Grunt + 1)
      • Set Chaos_Raider = (Chaos_Raider + 1)
      • Trigger - Run Difficulty <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Spawn Peon
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create (Chaos_Peon / 4) Chaos Peon for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create (Chaos_Peon / 4) Chaos Peon for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Spawn Peon <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Spawn Grunt
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create (Chaos_Grunt / 4) Chaos Grunt for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create (Chaos_Grunt / 4) Chaos Grunt for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Spawn Grunt <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Spawn Raider
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create (Chaos_Raider / 4) Chaos Raider for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create (Chaos_Raider / 4) Chaos Raider for Player 12 (Brown) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Spawn Raider <gen> (ignoring conditions)
I know it's some pretty messy triggers :p (at start the spawn triggers are executed as well as the difficulty trigger)
I could set a limit on how far the difficulty variables can gp... but then it wouldn't be harder :/

EDIT:
nvm the trigger... i think i have gotten it now :p

Last edited:
Level 6
I don't get why you have that condition in the difficulty trigger, anywayz, nice update to the map, keeps improving:thumbs_up:

:O you mean that:
  • Normal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Start (Normal)
    • Actions
      • Set CoolDown_DeathCoil = 0.60
      • Set CoolDown_DeathJaws = 60.00
      • Set Difficulty_Lives = 25
      • Set Difficulty_Setting = Medium
      • Trigger - Run Start <gen> (ignoring conditions)
i am realy sorry... but you should be able to guess that your self... else heres a hint (XD) its for finding out if its the normal or ease start spell his using :p
... ahhh im tired... gotta go now

Level 6
why did you bother so much on those triggers? you execute them and then the trigger executes itself... i think you could just use the periodic time event, it is much easier to use and you wont need the wait commands.

anyway, i have an idea which might solve the clumping crap. One solution is that you take away their collision size. Another is make it so that the arena is a square, or simply it is consisted of the entire map area. Then, at the beggining you chose how wide the path the units go on will be, and the units will spawn at the opposite side of the square. This way, you could add a multiplayer mod (which i'd really like to see), and for more players, you will set a wider path, and for less players, a thinner one.

another solution might be the both combined - a wider square arena where the units won't have any collision.

hope i was of help :)

Level 6
I got approved!!

EDIT:
Awesome map, 5/5 and i have an idea for a spell
Like chain spell, u fire it and then it just jumps for 1 target to another for like 10 sec, like 10 kills / sec. Like a mega spell.
BTW i have over 6000 kills and played it like 1000 secs about 15 mins XD. Got bored after 15 mins. [On easy ofc XD]

That's a good idea :D
I've been saying for too long to make version 2.0... i actually think i have enough content now to begin >:D

Some things i want to implement:
- New and improved movement system for better use of spells
- New spells
- (Maybe) some custom interface (don't get to exited... i'm really bad at doing such stuff)
- Classic/Survival mode
- Campaign mode (might take another content update :/)
- Heat mode (you pick a level play it to you WIN and take another level)
- Multiplayer mode

... That's some pretty cool stuff which i'm planning to do... and i'm starting NOW >:D

I might not ever start this :O
Let it be closed :'(

Last edited: