• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

s812n1.png
s81K0I.png

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Shops.png

Shops2.png

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
SCREENSHOTS.
140517-albums1401-picture14830.bmp

map1pic02.png

map5pic1.png

map03pic01.png

map03pic02.png

map03pic03.png

map03pic05.png

map04pic04.png

cineh.png

140517-albums1401-picture32121.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture32119.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture14824.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture26839.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture31855.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37577.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37579.jpg

Achievements.
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.
enddisplay.png

Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

demonintronew.png
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

fallenintronew.png

COMMAND LIST
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

Level 1
After I finished the mission 6 with helping the dwarves, the page then just goes to a close up of my character instead of the next mission. And if I go back to the missions page, mission 7 doesn't come up. Is there a way to fix this?

Level 12
After I finished the mission 6 with helping the dwarves, the page then just goes to a close up of my character instead of the next mission. And if I go back to the missions page, mission 7 doesn't come up. Is there a way to fix this?
As for now there are no more missions and the other chapter is an interlude. You can find it on youtube if you really wanna see it. Search "Ascension: Sea Wolves"

Level 15
I am mind-blown how amazing this campaign is. But, I had few problems while playing it. First, in that first map, where you have to kill those Gnolls for Sun Guards or whatever are they called, those Gnolls are nowhere to be found. Only boss I have killed, related to them, was that guy, left to our base, but I have killed him before I took this quest, so I couldn't finish it. Second, what is with that "undead priest" boss in that church? First, entrance is so buggy, my units are going in and out dozens of times, second, is it only me, but I have found him really, really hard, nearly unbeatable. I have limited amount of units (36 max food), chain lightning is taking 1/3 of their health per cast, he is being healed all the time, from those 5 buildings, I suppose. If I focus buildings, he kills all my units, and I don't have enough of them to bring him down. And if I focus him, he is being healed constantly. What to do? Also, on what spell you based that Forsaken Knight's (or whatever her's name is. In the fourth map, one of the mercenaries, with fire based abilites, banshee voice) that fire explosion ability? Auto-cast, where she release 3 mini fire explosions?

Any plans of continuing the story?

Level 12
I am mind-blown how amazing this campaign is. But, I had few problems while playing it. First, in that first map, where you have to kill those Gnolls for Sun Guards or whatever are they called, those Gnolls are nowhere to be found. Only boss I have killed, related to them, was that guy, left to our base, but I have killed him before I took this quest, so I couldn't finish it. Second, what is with that "undead priest" boss in that church? First, entrance is so buggy, my units are going in and out dozens of times, second, is it only me, but I have found him really, really hard, nearly unbeatable. I have limited amount of units (36 max food), chain lightning is taking 1/3 of their health per cast, he is being healed all the time, from those 5 buildings, I suppose. If I focus buildings, he kills all my units, and I don't have enough of them to bring him down. And if I focus him, he is being healed constantly. What to do? Also, on what spell you based that Forsaken Knight's (or whatever her's name is. In the fourth map, one of the mercenaries, with fire based abilites, banshee voice) that fire explosion ability? Auto-cast, where she release 3 mini fire explosions?

Any plans of continuing the story?

Thank you for your kind words. Let me answer your Questions:

The Gnolls that you killed were the right ones, you can kill him before or after you take the quest, it doesn't matter. You just need to talk to him again and he gives the reward, also be sure to pick up the Quest item.

As for the entrances, they function the same as waygates, you need to order your units to move a bit in the new area or they won't orient themselves properly.

The undead priest in the church is a raid boss, you need a special strategy or unit composition to beat them, you probably weren't using the right one.

I can't remember on what ability I based it, but it's a Trigger(GUI) ability, it creates 3 units near the cast point that die after 1, 2 and 3 seconds, creating the fire effect and damaging nearby enemies.

As for the story continuation, I am working on the next 4 chapters, but I don't know when they will be ready. Also be sure to ask anything else you want to know. :)

Level 16
I've played version 1.3 I believe before, this campaign is really good...you have to seal spires, rescue your sister from the dungeon, all while trying to get the world rid of demons

Level 2
Hello there! I started this campaign yesterday and I'm currently at chapter 3. There's a bug. A terrible, terrible bug. It has made me re-play the chapter from the beginning 4 times already, that's how annoying this bug is xD While re-playing though, I found the source of the bug. It's that Journal in the Monastery that starts a quest (Soul Corrupter). Whether I interacted or skip-interacted with it, it made the coin board go nuts. Shows zero coins all the time, even when I collect new coins and even when I type in the cheat code you provided somewhere in the comments. Please, fix :(
Aside from that and minor spelling errors, for which I don't really care anyway, I LOVE this campaign. Especially since my lycans became vampire lords; I love you for that :D

Oh, one more thing. Partisans Mask. Description says +10 agi, but it actually gives 10 strength. At least in chapter 3, don't remember from pevious chaps ^^

Last edited:
Level 12
I have never heard of this bug. Even so, the Coins should all be there, just not displayed. Try buying something. Also you can refresh the coinboard with the commands -eb and -nb. As for the partisans mask I'll look into it. Thanks for your support and enjoy. ;)

Level 6
This is truly a magnificient campaign. I just wanna express my gratitude to the creator for making such a wonderful camapaign.

San

San

Level 32
>Cloak of The Vermin Lord
Now this is the quality item I seek for.

Oh wow, didn't expect it to end on here.
A really great campaign with a lot to explore, but the supposedly tense storyline isn't as appealing as it should be, it somehow overwhelmed by the exploration and side quests in my opinion.
Also, I can't seem to find my bloody dice, did you removed it? ;p

Anyway, here's the screenshot of my result.
untitled-jpg.265687

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi ArneXis, I've just downloaded your campaign and now in Chap 2, and I really love it, the storyline, the item system, and the custom races etc. all of them give me a teriffic experience in the gameplay. One of the most excellent work I ever played!
Now I have a question about the hero's skills: how do the Magical Critical Rate and Magical Critical really work when casting spells? I see you explained that when successfully activated it will have extra effect, does it mean that a certain spell has a Magical Critical say 60 or so, and if I have my Magical Critical Rate up to 60 or more, then I have successfully activated the spell's Magical Critical and have the extra effect when casting the spell?
Since now I'm in Chap 2 I didn't find any obvious bugs or other problems, I'll continue enjoy this campaign :)
By the way, could you please tell the exact time to publish your new version? I'm really looking forward to this ^_^

Level 16
@ArneXis I was replaying this just now, and on the first chapter when you enter the area where the Murlocs are fighting the snails it states that the "War for the Shell" Quest is a Main quest when infact its an optional quest in the Quest log, you might wanna change this. Great campaign btw

Level 12
Hi guys, Sorry for the silence, I'm currently on vacation and traveling, so I can't be as active as I want here.

Was anything done about the problem I reported in my earlier post ?
Yes, that was a very simple fix, but I haven't updated the Campaign as of yet.

In the meantime, here's a few screenshots from the upcoming Acts. As would blizzard say, nothing here is final and subject to change. enjoy ;) .

new act.png
New Act.jpg

Attachments

• new act.png
    new act.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
Level 2
Humm, who has the same problem as me? I can't even start the first mission, it loads only 20-25% and then the whole program is frozen... it's even hanging a few sec in the campaign selection screen when i just click on Ascension.

I have newest patch of warcraft, and my CPU is still almost empty so that's not the reason.

Level 12
Humm, who has the same problem as me? I can't even start the first mission, it loads only 20-25% and then the whole program is frozen... it's even hanging a few sec in the campaign selection screen when i just click on Ascension.

I have newest patch of warcraft, and my CPU is still almost empty so that's not the reason.

It's a normal thing when a campaign is more than 100mb. Wait around 15-20 seconds after that happens. It should then just load normally.

Level 2
It's a normal thing when a campaign is more than 100mb. Wait around 15-20 seconds after that happens. It should then just load normally.

Well, its more 5 or more minutes for me, but it loaded finally :D

Other questions:
- Is there a possibility to sell surplus items for runic gold coins? When i sell them to a vendor/shop, i get nothing in return - so i could instead just drop them on the ground too and enter next mission.
- And these achievements, i finished all in the first mission, but don't they grant anything? Nor did a single of the three, nor after i got them all. Do i miss something, or is it just a challenge for fun?
- The command "-acg" does not work
- The building <sanctuary> causes the same sound as the <blacksmith>, but a building of energy creatures which itself is a pool of energy doesn't make the sound of clapping hammers and blowing bellowes?

The dialogues are a bit strange ....at the beginning of the first mission Vareikos sends Sarai to Pormar with a vial of her blood, exactly the same phrases and task she gave her in the cutscene in the beginning of the second mission (??!). After Siren was captured an Archer was sent to Sarai to inform her and aks for aid, but Sarai has just got a vial, so copypaste the same words to give her another vial is very odd.
EDIT:
Watching a playthrough on youtube from spring 2016, back then the dialogues were much better in mission 1, 2 and the interludes... why did you change them?
"I'll free my sister by myself, you move your forces to the next spire in Pormar. It's a small human town near the Black Peak Mountains. Seal it with my blood. I'll join you there when i finish up here." wouldn't be illogical and more coherent.
The interlude in the demons' world gave some insights about her, maybe you don't want them to be revealed anymore, but the conversation there was more fluid.

Last edited:
Level 12
Other questions:
- Is there a possibility to sell surplus items for runic gold coins? When i sell them to a vendor/shop, i get nothing in return - so i could instead just drop them on the ground too and enter next mission.
In short, no, Items cannot be sold. Just drop the ones you don't need on the ground.

- And these achievements, i finished all in the first mission, but don't they grant anything? Nor did a single of the three, nor after i got them all. Do i miss something, or is it just a challenge for fun?

They currently don't grant anything, I've been fumbling with a few ideas for that, but I'm not sure If i'll add rewards for achievements.

- The command "-acg" does not work

It has been removed.

- The building <sanctuary> causes the same sound as the <blacksmith>, but a building of energy creatures which itself is a pool of energy doesn't make the sound of clapping hammers and blowing bellowes?

thats a good point, I'll change it.

The dialogues are a bit strange ....at the beginning of the first mission Vareikos sends Sarai to Pormar with a vial of her blood, exactly the same phrases and task she gave her in the cutscene in the beginning of the second mission (??!). After Siren was captured an Archer was sent to Sarai to inform her and aks for aid, but Sarai has just got a vial, so copypaste the same words to give her another vial is very odd.

Ok, yeah you definitely found something, I have no idea how the dialog got reverted. I probably loaded and edited a wrong version...thats weird but this - ("I'll free my sister by myself, you move your forces to the next spire in Pormar. It's a small human town near the Black Peak Mountains. Seal it with my blood. I'll join you there when i finish up here.") is the newer version of the dialog.

Still on vacation?
No, but i'm working a lot (12h a day) so there's not a lot of time to work on my project.

Level 12
Sorry about that. I found some bugs:
  • Bella ping actually points to Gerards's house
  • There should be a warning not to destroy the spawners before completing the banshee quest
  • When I chose Arcane Path, the Cardinal's Decay didn't change; instead, they just lost their Spirits ability and the Prophets lost their Heal.

Thats weird with the Arcane Pact, could you post a screenshot with the Prophet selected after the pact is chosen?

Level 2
To the creator(s) of this map:

It's been late to comment on this map but I just want to say !!! It's really a great map! Honestly, If I could give more than 10 stars out of 5, I would do it.

It's just you know, I am an online gamer, especially AION and Dragon nest if you knew it.

And then, I just realized that playing online games will make my salary disappear HAHA!

Then I decided to play offline games as I am working as well and don't have enough time to play games.

I found this World of Warcraft, which I really don't like at first. But I tried to play then, I was shocked because it's good.

So, I started to download maps (w3n and w3x) from this website and HERE IT IS, I FOUND THIS FREAKING AWESOME MAP!

Everything was good, just some few errors.

- The interface of the skills slot was very COOL, it's like, THUNDER DRAGON in DRAGON NEST SEA (it's still a trailer).

- The story, especially on "Bella", I loved it! Just failed one mission.

- The "Interact" button was great.

- The characters.

And everything.

I'm happy as well because I can put cheats on it compare to "Malfurion's quest" HAHA..

BUT YOU REALLY DID A GREAT MAP! I SALUTE ON THIS ONE.

THANKS for READING!

Level 2
MirageLight:

He says see the captain or something like that and point you to the base. you probably just didn't see him talking.

The house is invo until you take up the hound quest after that you must destroy the house to pick up the item. Will have to fix up this to since people seem to get lost here. Found the problem, It would remain invo if you used skip instead of interact.

Ok, now thats an epic bug, fixing it now. Thanks for the find.

Improved the pathing around Darna to prevent this.

Good idea, will see that I can do about this.

The longer the better :)

tleno:
Hello my friend, how did you find the map so fast? :)

Why would you want to heal enemies ?

Thats a buff not a debuff :) it gives + 50% Attack damage and attacks that poison and slow the enemies. But I'll have to change the name to something else that gorgons curse, maybe gorgons blessing or smth.

Ultimate_MapCreator:

The spell is not designed to be a healing spell, its main function is to restores mana.

Well, yeah your right probably. Decreased the armor and HP of houses.

The collision size is 32, same as a normal night elf archer. I based ir on that unit and didn't change the pathing.
what does "invo" means?

Level 2
I have to say this is one of the best custom campagins ever made! I just finished playing it thoroughly on hard. And I have no complaints. No bugs, fantastic gameplay, nice story, amazing models, fantastic terrain, superb triggers! The only thing Im sad is that I did not read it wasn't finished and I probabbly wont ever have the time to replay it again. My favourite level was act 3 the ghoul village it had a fantastic ambience. I went for the int build and with the chaos attack modifier I made Decureum an absolute beast! If anyone wants I can reccomend you my build on both characters.
Thank you for the hard work!