• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About the Contests

Level 16
@ EoW, yes i was inspired by your 1337th post, want credit for it? D:

@ Berzeker, tnx ^^

@ Hanky, good luck moving,, hope you can get some time to make some more 1.337 natives,,

Nao to the pointz, hvo or DSD must host,, who?

Level 22
We could host it ourselves, maybe. We just choose a theme (Physics won the poll) and then everyone creates a spell or something and at the end we vote for the one we want. And everyone repz the winner.

The winner's prize will be 10 reputation points, and earn a spot in the "Spells/Systems Hall of Fame" (the list of winners of this contest).
How would we do that then? Lots of people give rep? But then you wouldn't be able to get extra rep from people who will just rep you anyway for winning. And we can't exactly edit the hall of fame on our own.

Level 22
Lawls seems that I have to join this too ;)

Day/Night, gah will be to many moon or sun spells with it, booooriing althought doesnt mean too

Psychics, contains math obviously and I can only say one thing about that, paladon will win there! But best choice anyways

Soul, ehum seems old fashion to me, little bit to related to stuff like darkness?

I dont have any suggestion but if we have a comp comming up, I will try to be there!

Level 30
Psychics, contains math obviously and I can only say one thing about that, paladon will win there! But best choice anyways

Thanks for the compliment, but i guess i wouldn't win since i always need days and weeks to figure out some matching formulas (mostly by trying around).

Besides, i am banned from contests :p

I also can't recommend that theme since it's very hard to enter if you aren't extremely experienced in such things.

Edit: 'Thought over it, some easier possibilities for "physics" came into my mind, even newer users may come up with something.

Level 22
Meh, physics already won the poll. But soul has NOTHING to do with darkness... What do you mean about it being "old fashioned"?

Yes I know

in real life, souls are used like a another side of a human that lives after the death, usally souls can also be something that have with darkness, evil powers but as you say you have a point.

old fashioned, just the idea souls, I've seen alot of that but many prob havent.

Thanks for the compliment, but i guess i wouldn't win since i always need days and weeks to figure out some matching formulas (mostly by trying around).

Besides, i am banned from contests :p

I also can't recommend that theme since it's very hard to enter if you aren't extremely experienced in such things.

Edit: 'Thought over it, some easier possibilities for "physics" came into my mind, even newer users may come up with something.

lawl maybe so but when you are done, no one can beat it

except that you are banned ;)

doesnt have to be hard if you do it right

Level 22
I think the Zephyr contests is a little like this one, but the users vote for who they think should win. I'm not sure, because I've never participated in a Zephyr contest.

Level 23
I think the Zephyr contests is a little like this one, but the users vote for who they think should win. I'm not sure, because I've never participated in a Zephyr contest.

Yeah but last time it kind of failed. I won on walkover having the most public votes, because of, both HindyHat and EarthFury didnt have time to judge...
The problem now would be that both Squiggy and Gilles are inactive (and Gilles left), so, we need someone to approve it. I know there are more moderators in the arena section, so I am hoping on them. Also keep in mind that GUI users will not receive any advantages in the Zephyr contests! .__.

Level 22
Hmm. This contest needs to be started soon. Can I enter now that I've become a mod? There shouldn't be a problem with that, should there? If I can't then I guess I can help with the reviewing and stuff.