• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[FINISHED] Spells&Systems Mini-Contest #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I don't know if i will continue, but just so you know i don't believe there are "normal" variables, there are privates and globals. Privates can be used in the scope in which they where declared, and globals can be used anywhere.good luck :)(this is of course for normal jass, but for vjass it's exactly the same, but there are different types of privates and globals)

Level 12
There are 3 kinds ... in Jass.
In C++ I think they too were 3(public, protected, private).
In Jass - normal(no prefix), public and private.
And this is not only about variables - function and methods too.
I updated my spell. Hope it is the last time, unless I find something else.
Spell

Last edited:
Level 23
ooo.... I have a question for you, nothing important though.
Why are you using that many methods, and inside the struct?
I thought to create it outside wth a regular function

Edit: And mwha I gotr a screenie right in time Spiwn, on your spell:p

I can only find one issue. And that is, that the spell can be abused. I didnt really get what it does every time it hits someone, but the special effect and lightning are there, when you use the "stop order" spamming. So I guess it could be only a minor thing if it doesn't get triggered

Last edited:
Level 12
I am not sure :D
I just decided to put as much of the functions inside the struct as possible.
I do not know if this way it would be better or not.
P.s. Methods cannot be used as callback functions :D

Level 12
I posted the my Idea somewhere above.
To put it simple the idea was that the lightnings appear before the attack.
But if you click stop or anything else, the effects are canceled/stopped.
The only chance of abuse would come from the fact that the actual chance is rolled at the start of the attack - someone might click stop until it triggers and then let it hit the target.
But that is extremely hard. The effects appear with a slight delay so the time interval between the appearance of the effects(the moment you'd know it has triggered) and the actual attack is kinda small(not quite sure about this; I meant - it is hard to know on which attack it has triggered before you shoot/attack/hit). What is important is that the only way you can abuse it is if you are an uber lucker, but hey the skill is one with a chance if you were an uber lucker it would trigger every time ;)
And damage reduction is done when you hit the target.

Level 23
oh okay, thats making it all clear.

:eek: a question... If I make a timer, and starts it, can I feel like pausing it, is it possible to restart the clock with the time I set it when it started then, without needing to create a new one?? Because mine doesn't appear to work :/

Level 23
nono, you dont udnerstand I think. I want it, so whenever my trigger is ran, the current time of the timer shall pause, and it shall start all over. The "base" value is already defined as a constant real.

But I dont manage this to work

Edit: Redscores nice try but I figured out the problem :>

Level 12
Just start it again?
Using Get timeout(or whatever the name of the fuunction is) or the constant you want.

Level 12
Because I learned how :D
But it seems less pointers to handles are used this way(hsas reached a peak of 555 compared to one much bigger last time with functions outside the struct).

Level 23
Hm well I think I dont bother that this time :_:

As it comes for my spell, here it is :D
Notice that this is kind of my first jass spell ever, so Im glad if you got comments if it's ineffective or such...

Programs/utilities used are Jass NewGen Pack, and PandaMine's HSAS Handle Struct attachment system

Everytime the hero is attacking a unit he will feel the taste of the victim's blood and horror. This allows him to savagely rip the target faster and faster while he feast on the spilt blood to heal his own wounds. After the victim has been hit for the 7th time the attack speed and life stolen will no longer increase. And if the target dies or if the hero is changing to another target he must slowly build up the savaged frenzy again.

Level 1 - 100% attack speed limit, adds additional 14% attack speed and 5% life stolen per hit.
Level 2 - 200% attack speed limit, adds additional 28% attack speed and 10% life stolen per hit.
Level 3 - 300% attack speed limit, adds additional 42% attack speed and 15% life stolen per hit.

Attachments

• Savage Frenzy.w3x
    73.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I dont expect much of this spell. Its not balanced and it could really fuck up the game if some one would use it, the spell itself works fine, but if there are any other effects (movement speed bonuses*) it really fuck up the whole thing, also the trigger timing an the "real" timing dont match.

GL to you all!

-BerZeKeR-

>>> View attachment -BZR-S&S#14.w3x <<<

Last edited:
Level 12
okay, here we go, hopefully there isnt something wrong with this verison :p

Curse of Mosh'Gah

Affects the target enemy with an ancient curse. If the cursed unit casts a spell, it will malfunction and the curse will be lifted. Once the curse is lifted, the caster will steal the spell that malfunctioned from the cursed unit. The caster will be able to keep the spell for 10 Seconds before it returns to the cursed unit. The curse cant steal spells the caster already knows or spells that transforms the caster.

Level 1 - The curse lasts 10 Seconds.
Level 2 - The curse lasts 15 Seconds.
Level 3 - The curse lasts 20 Seconds.

Things to know before you look at the triggers :p

1. Its supposed to be Begins casting a Spell event, i know the difference between Begins casting an ability and Starts the effect of an ability.
2. I used dummy units as "timers" becouse i just dont feel like adding 100 Timer events to a trigger(and that would take up memory space aswell)

Attachments

• Curse of Mosh'Gah.w3x
    19.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Level 23
Eccho, your spell remembers me on a dota spell (forgot the name) o,o. And a passive with life leech and stacking attack speed is overdone, but whatever.

There might be a spell on Dota looking like this-.- But I dont play dota... And what do you mean its overdone? Imbalanced^^ Nerf it for your own ways, like, set the life stolen to a less value.

Level 7
Finally I finished my entry spell... so, here I present
[rainbow]Matter Deprivation[/rainbow]
Adds a matter deprivation effect to each attack, shrinking the attacked unit by 12/24/36% and grow the attacking unit by the same amount. This effect stacks upon a maximum of 30/60/90% shrinking. Maximum life of both units will be adjusted equal to their size. The damage of the target is decreased by this amount but it gets evasion with the same chance. Last 5 seconds.

I hope you like it :) Anyway, critism is appreciated (and maybee quite justified -___-)

Attachments

• SSMC - Steal - XieLong.w3x
    149 KB · Views: 78
Level 23
XieLong is there something wrong somewhere in your trigger?

It appears, as when I attack a unit several times, suddenly the scaling is frequently scaling up and down.

Razorbrain: Don't you think you should add more targets on the map:p
Berzerker: It would be better if it was in jass... is it mui?

I've updated my spell... not much, only changed the name to not being "just another warcraft map"
It is still Here

Last edited:
Level 12
I just want to wish PurplePoot to have a great time on his vacation :)

P.s. This is not, by any means, an attempt of ass licking :p

Status
Not open for further replies.