• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

64mb map limit on Wc3 Patch 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
While I believe the multiplayer custom map size limit will definitely be increased when the patch is released, I'd take these "announcements" with a grain of salt. It's best to just be patient for blizzard to release an official statement and/or changelog rather that hype yourself with vague interviews.

I'm pretty sure that changelog is fake. Even if it is a real leaked changelog, it will not be the final iteration. Isn't there a thread for this discussion on hive already?

Level 3
I'm pretty sure that changelog is fake. Even if it is a real leaked changelog, it will not be the final iteration. Isn't there a thread for this discussion on hive already?

I don't know, as this is the only of the few parts of hiveworkshop that I still visit. Regardless, I wanted to hear about the Gaias Retaliation community in specific about that possible change.

Level 21
Blizzard DID officially confirm patch 1.27,though I don't think these are accurate.and yes,there was a thread like this before

Level 8
Ah, it's this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/gaias-retaliation-orpg-649/unofficial-1-27-patch-notes-275354/. That went nowhere.
Hive thread for the upcoming patch: 1.27 Wishlist.
However, you'll probably be met with the same scepticism I showed. Nobody has anything to gain from believing unofficial videos/texts. If it turns out to be a hoax, you'll be crushed. If it turns out to be true, you're still getting the same thing everyone else is.
I'd rather not see people getting their hopes dashed. Remember, even if the patch is done, the release can be pushed back.
attachment.php

Attachments

• im out achakura.gif
    im out achakura.gif
    632.8 KB · Views: 829
Level 8
An update has just been rolled out. The hype is real.
strut%203_zpsxkmocq2d.gif

Offline updater if you're having issues with the online client updater: Blizzard FTP

That is indeed the official changelog.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY

Patch 1.27

Specific Changes & Improvements
- Throw away that old PowerPC Mac in the closet, we’ve created a new installer to support Mac 10.10 and 10.11
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Fixed a crash caused by Chain Lightning

Known Issues

- Windows 8.1 and 10 saved games are still stored in a location that requires running as system admin
- Some graphical issues with the cinematics are still occurring
- Changes to gamma settings will not take effect in windowed mode
- Cyrillic characters are still not displaying
- Disabled ambient sound while a MIDI issue is being resolved
- Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported
- Mac build does not support the editor

So basically, not much has changed yet. There will be more updates in the near future.

Last edited:
Level 8
Agree. Though I can't even get the goddamn thing to work. "The update was successfully downloaded. Press the restart button below to restart Warcraft III", infinite loop. Thanks Obama.
angry%20moth_zpsm8kw2co2.gif

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
Zwieb why all those expectations anyway? Did they mention map size increase being on the table? Otherwise, conservative as they usually are, I don't think we should count on major changes coming. True, changing map size limit is a small thing, but the consequences if having hundreds of 60mb maps may prove troublesome for people with limited hard drive space.

Level 8
As far as the online custom map size limit goes, it's just a logical progression. As time passes, people's internet connections and PC specs will improve allowing bigger maps to be viable. It's not like the war3 map limit was always 8MB.

Also, just because the limit will be increased, doesn't mean all map creators will run to buff all their maps to the maximum, that is ridiculous. Any half-decent game creator in general will usually strive to keep their product as small/optimized as possible even while improving quality.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
I was thinking of abusers hosting the same map with map size limit (for no reason other than annoy) and in different names so that little kids end up having many GBs of maps downloaded without knowing. But ye.. It is hardly a real issue. I just mean that Blizzard usually seems very rigid and not interested in taking any chances.

Level 8
Jeez that person's life would have to be really sad if that's what he would have to resort to for entertainment. I doubt little kids would fall for that anyway, most younger players I've seen can hardly wait to download 8MB in lobby let alone 64MB, they would just leave if it's taking too long for them. Only the most retarded of newbies would have actual practical problems with a size limit increase.

There's no issue here really, there's no taking chances. It's just due. Even if it breaks current maps, we have far more efficient tools and techniques to fix them than we did for the last 4MB->8MB size limit increase.

Zwieb why all those expectations anyway? Did they mention map size increase being on the table? Otherwise, conservative as they usually are, I don't think we should count on major changes coming. True, changing map size limit is a small thing, but the consequences if having hundreds of 60mb maps may prove troublesome for people with limited hard drive space.
Dude, it's 2016, not 1996!

I can buy x-TB HDDs on ebay for the price of a decent meal for two.

Level 7
While being completely ignorant about coding and stuff that can be added to maps, but with an increased limit could there not be more potential for possible malicious things to be added to maps? Blizzard could want to be 100% sure that nothing new and unforseen could happen before raising the limit. If there are safeguards already in place and its impossible for something new to be exploited given the more space, then perhaps Blizzard would like to release the map limit is part of a bigger world editor update. Giving us a bunch new space first, and then better tools later seems like it could be upsetting to map makers if optimization becomes easier with potentially new tools.

Level 5
Actually, on the link I shared here, a blizzard voicer says :

“Please be aware that while we are working on a balance change and new map pool, that work is still in progress and is not part of this patch. We’ll have further details on that as development progresses.”

So it seems the map size limit increase is still on the table for discussion. One can only hope I guess.

Level 7
^ To be fair, on some others threads here on Hive, Ralle seemed to suggest that they've been in contact with Blizzard, and that Blizzard is aware of the custom games that alive and well on Bnet, and Blizzard has something in store for the custom game section of War3.

I imagine something is coming. Just look at everything thats become multi million, and even billion dollar companies because of Dota. Dota really opened the door for the MOBA genre, and it really all started here on Wc3.

Status
Not open for further replies.