• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most Disappointing WC3 Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Narrator's Paper - Issue 2

You know that feeling when you were tracking a map's development for a long, long, long, long, long...(3 years later)...long time, and then you see that it's finished. You excitedly download it, only to say this after playing: "I wasted 3 years of my life waiting for THIS?!" Now we pay attention to some maps that ARE good, but did not give everything that was promised. NOTE: I don't mean to insult anyone with this.
(no particular order)

-Whispers in the Dark by Grievous1
While a really innovative map with good terrain, it didn't give everything that was expected. A couple Youtube videos appeared, showing that the map will have a full storyline, campaign and co-op, but it came out as a survival Multiplayer mini-game with hard pathfinding and bosses. Play the map. You WILL like it, but it's a little bit disappointing if you followed its full development.

-DotA by IceFrog
Like you don't know why. :slp:

-Dreamscape by Yayoi
Not many people know about this campaign. It was a long and active development, with a great idea: you could post your dream, and it would be implemented into the map. Completely random. Somewhere in October, a bad Beta was released, later to be really inactive, until it became dead. I know because I was part of the project.

-Arcadia by De.Facto
I was tracking this from the beginning. From the first screenies, it looked epic. But, when I finally played it, only thing I liked is the Terrain. Puzzles are very hard and the story doesn't make much sense. This IS a good map, but disappointing.

Now, this is just my opinion. If you saw your map here, don't be insulted or anything. This just serves as a discussion thread for maps that disappointed you.

-Also check Narrator's Paper 1 - Most Epic WC3 Total conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.