• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most Epic WC3 Total Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Narrator's Paper - Issue 1

There are billions of WC3 maps around there, and there are good, bad, average, catastrophic and perfect maps. Some maps make WC3 looks like a completely different game. Now we pay attention to them, with only one map per user allowed. This is because every Illidan(Evil)X's maps are awesome.
(no particular order)

-Jetpack by Illidan(Evil)X
I really had a hard time choosing between Modern Warfare, Mass Destruction and Jetpack. Maybe this came out because MW isn't very active and MD is a little bit unknown, but Jetpack is constantly getting patched. This mod turns WC3 into a 2D platform game, where you control a guy with a Jetpack, collecting keys and avoiding obstacles. Although the map itself has enough fun levels, it's mainly focused on a never-before-seen WC3 feature - in-game level editor. It's not very user-friendly and it's slow, but when you get used to it... win.

-Silent Hill Forgotten by 1finalfantisy1
The best unknown map ever. A map that turns WC3 to a Point'n'Click survival horror that can really make you sh_t bricks sometimes. First map that lives of using models and systems to make it almost perfect. Bad thing is that the interface is just replaced with black, black and black, and the story makes no sense at all. But, it's Silent Hill, get used to it.

-TCX by Toadcop
Description... Top-down Multiplayer Quake with Hardcore RPG and AOS elements, with epic custom interface and sounds. Perfect controls, adrenaline, AI, EVERYTHING A MAP NEEDS TO BE PERFECT. I don't think there is a Hive member that doesn't know about this map.

Metroid Search for Samus by FriendlyWarlord
This map has 100% percent Metroid feel, from the opening video to the final boss. It's basically classic Metroid game with Multiplayer, top-down play. When I saw the map, I was just: "O. M. F. G." Since I am a big Metroid fan, I loved this map and it's actually my favorite map EVER. However, some puzzles are hard and there is so muck controls that they barely stay in the Interface.

The Kingdom of Kaliron by Crimson Creations
Finally, an RPG. An RPG that punched Dark Invasion 2 in some serious ballz. Doesn't put much of a conversion, but has a truckload of yet unseen WC3 features - talking to NPCs, huge inventory, etc...

That's it for today, comment and tell about other conversions, and see you in Narrator's Paper Issue 2 - Most Disappointing Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.