• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Total Conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,I would wanna know is there any warcraft 3 total conversion that is completed?If there is Link me:grin:.Also I have starcraft 3d conversion maps for warcratf.But when i play in singleplayer AI doesn't do anything.So i wonder is there any starcraft 3d map with AI included? If there is link me again pls.This is my first post so I would like to say Hi to everyone:thumbs_up:

Level 8
there are only 4 I know.
-The Starcraft conversion which you mentioned.
- Warcraft 2: 2nd Generation with AMAI
- Warcraft 1: Dawn of Chaos
- Tales of Raviganion

and some being worked on such as:
-Heart of Storms

Level 2
Yea hearts of storm is in production since 2002.I am looking for something like modern combat or so.And if I install the tales of ravigation will i bea ble to play normal frozen throne later on all maps?

Level 8
yeah. ofc. u get another executable. when u wanna play tales of raviganion, you click on its exe, and ur normal exe for tft.

Level 2
Maybe you know where to get some modern comba total conversions? Or starcraft total conversion which has AI included?

Level 8
ONLY wc2 2nd generation have AI. and no i dont know other modern warfare conversions. maybe u can try out the starwars campaign by medmapguy. not a conversion though...

Level 2
Can you post link here whan i's done pls?And is starcraft 2 goin' to have editor like warcraft 3 that will allow us to build so many mods?And will units have inventory?And will you be able to cast spells?Thx in advance..

Level 13
Can you post link here whan i's done pls?And is starcraft 2 goin' to have editor like warcraft 3 that will allow us to build so many mods?And will units have inventory?And will you be able to cast spells?Thx in advance..
SC 2 editor will have everything WC 3 editor has and lots and lots of more. Also from what we've heard it will be easier to use.

On other news Project Revolution is dead if you already didn't know :(.

Level 8
Lol. Already? I'm tired of those people who always make big announcements about their super great mod but never finishes it. It happens all the time.

Level 13
Lol. Already? I'm tired of those people who always make big announcements about their super great mod but never finishes it. It happens all the time.
Well how about you go freaking code the Zergs then!? Do you even realize how hard it is to make a mod? Alot of mods die to game engine restrictions BUT THE MODDERS ARE NOT AWARE OF THESE when they begin making the mod!

Level 25
Well how about you go freaking code the Zergs then!? Do you even realize how hard it is to make a mod? Alot of mods die to game engine restrictions BUT THE MODDERS ARE NOT AWARE OF THESE when they begin making the mod!

...And you're on of 'em?

And yea, I sure agree on that Wc3 got it's limitations.. Too many limitations..

Level 8

Rule no 1, never promise the community something that you won't achieve regardless of how hard it is.

Level 13
Rule no 1, never promise the community something that you won't achieve regardless of how hard it is.
How the hell would have the people of Project Revolution have known that the WC 3 engine was too restricted to code the Zerg? If they would not have promised the Zerg this mod would have never even been made!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You'll have to get used to it, it happens a lot of times.

Well, it might have been hard to code the zerg, but they could have tried to find a way around it, even if they needed to make a different Zerg race from the original.
I think we agree that it is better to have a deficient race than nothing at all.

Level 13
You'll have to get used to it, it happens a lot of times.

Well, it might have been hard to code the zerg, but they could have tried to find a way around it, even if they needed to make a different Zerg race from the original.
I think we agree that it is better to have a deficient race than nothing at all.
But you see Rui, the whole point was to REMAKE SC 1 into the WC 3, with the races completely unchanged! Now if they changed the Zerg then it would no longer be their original project, and the people who followed the mod pretty much wanted SC 1 with better graphics.

Level 8
why the hell would you even want to remake sc1 on wc3... i think these kind of conversions... are useless. If you're going to remake it, at least it should be a bit different from the original Starcraft to spice things up a bit. But no, they insist on making the zerg. Like Rui said, they could have done their own kind of zerg instead of 100% copying it exactly. It would have been a lot more original and creative.

Level 13
why the hell would you even want to remake sc1 on wc3... i think these kind of conversions... are useless. If you're going to remake it, at least it should be a bit different from the original Starcraft to spice things up a bit. But no, they insist on making the zerg. Like Rui said, they could have done their own kind of zerg instead of 100% copying it exactly. It would have been a lot more original and creative.
How hard is it to understand that the mod was supposed to be SC 1 with better graphics! Otherwise it was supposed to be identical to SC 1! It was not supposed to add anything new other than new graphics!

Level 8
yeah i understood that part. that's why I think it's useless.
You might as well play the regular SC. All that work just to make sc in 3d, and blizz folks are already doing it.

Last edited:
Level 25
How hard is it to understand that the mod was supposed to be SC 1 with better graphics! Otherwise it was supposed to be identical to SC 1! It was not supposed to add anything new other than new graphics!

Tyranid, have you taken your chill piller today? I think it's time you do it..

And I've seen a video about that mod, it looked good, but I don't think the engine would be able to handle it(it's to damn slow:razz:)

Level 2
They finished that mod I play it online! And zergs work,nothing is changed with them!!I can upload some of the starcraft 3d maps if you want..

Status
Not open for further replies.