• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Name that map I played a long time ago. (Wc3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there. A long time ago, I played a custom Wc3 map which I would love to play again... But sadly I have forgotten the name. The game was a "tug of war" style map, if I can remember correctly.

The aim of the game was to upgrade units so you can kill your enemy base. The pathing of the units was based on a square. At each corner of the square was an enemy base. If you killed your enemy base, your units will keep walking around to the other enemy base. I can't remember if their was heros or not. The map was quite small with only 4 players needed.

I know its not much to go on :( but enjoyed this map and I can remember playing it a lot. But I can't seem to remember the maps name :\

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Marc

Level 1
Nope sorry :( I never liked footmen frenzy style games.

As I said, its kind of like a "tug of war". You have no control over the units. You can control what units spawn, what upgrades they have etc. I don't think it was a popular game since I've looked through a lot of map websites

Level 1
Nope sorry :( I will try and explain it a little better

It is a square path. At each corner on the inside of the square is a base, in that base you select the units to spawn. Every 30 second those units you selected to spawn will spawn next to the fortress and follow the square path around to the corner. Once you kill the enemy at the next corner, the units will continue walking around to kill the enemy at the next corner.

If i remember correctly there was an archer leveling upgrade that made them over powered.

I'm so bad at explaining stuff sorry :( I remember the gameplay clearly in my head. If i saw a picture of the map i will remember instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.