• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most Disappointing Moments of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So, title says it all.
What, in your opinion, are/is the most disappointing moment(s) of Warcraft history, lore-wise or development-wise? Be aware disappointing does not equal to saddest moments. By disappointing I meant moments which really turned you off from the whole franchise. My two cents:

Lore-wise:
1) Malygos dies. Just. Like. That. The Aspect and leader of the Blue dragonflight should've put up more of a fight. And I would expect more from Blizzard instead of just throwing away a dearly loved character. It's like combating the Lich King (another major disappointment) and then suddenly an ancient being who witnessed the creation of Azeroth and is the master of magic turns rogue. Why don't we just walk into his sanctum and loot his body? What made it worse? They did halfway through the campaign against the Lich King.

2) Maeiv was just left there. No further story, no additional lore. Nothing. And you made us use that elf for one fourth of the whole single-player in TFT. Similar complaints concerning Anub'arak. Except the nerubian had it worse. He was raised as an undead for a bloody tournament. Talk about novelty.

Development-wise
1) Cataclysm. In my opinion, Everything from mid-point WotLK was a growing failure. Sure, at that time they could've seen their mistakes and changed the direction they were heading. But from the point the Malygos raid was released, everything plummeted into a chasm of terrible plot and mediocre or stereotype lore. That dramatic change was officially marked with Cataclysm. Gosh Blizzard, won't you ever learn to not throw away your characters just like that? It's no wonder a sizable fanbase have learnt to hate it with a passion.

Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.