• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon/Model/Spell Team Contest - Hive Member[+100 Rep]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MyPad that mutated and armored spider looks very cool :) but his stingers feel a little messy in hive viewer

It's actually my first time (collaborative effort with @Darkfang, me in 3d model, him in 2d art) making a model for submission. Yeah, I'll see if I would touch this any time soon after this contest.

EDIT:

Updated the overview of the thread, and will post affirmative proof of permission.

Last edited:
Level 51
Submission_Preview_-_Deolrin.jpg

Deolrin
as the
Troll Pariah

Presented by Team Zul'Aman Was An Inside Job:

Deolrin is a user who many of you already know; he's a talented 3D geomerge modeler who has often lent a hand or a word of advice to other aspiring modelers on the Hive. The necessities of his IRL situation have lessened his time here on the Hive, but not his impact. We wanted to honor him with this entry for all he's done.

Of course, Deolrin has always been associated with his favorite Warcraft race; Forest Trolls. So it was an easy choice, to start with. From there, the design of the hero sort of 'grew legs and ran away'; the Troll Pariah is meant to be a sort of ultra-vicious Forest Troll, a Troll who was too violent & transgressive for even his fellow primitive tribesmen. In exile, this Troll snuck back to his village & stole a set of ancient tiki relics, including a powerful enchanted sword. Making his way in the world by hook or by crook, this crafty Troll wields his stolen magicks with brazen impunity, further isolating himself from any who would dare cross him.

While our submission is a fully-playable Neutral hero (with the standard abilities detailed below), the Contest only required one special ability, which is as follows:
Grim Rupture: The Troll Pariah impales a target enemy with his contraband tiki sword, instantly murdering it & replenishing his health & mana based on the target. As the enemy's soul escapes, the vengeful spirits in the sword shackle the enemy's soul in a newly-placed Grim Ward. This malefic totem so horrifies the enemies of the Pariah that it causes up to 8 enemies near the Grim Ward to either tremble in place, or run in fear.

Grim Rupture being the Ultimate, the other standard abilities are as follows:
Vicious Cleave: A powerful cleaving swipe with his tiki-empowered blade deals great damage to enemies in an arc in front of the Troll Pariah.
Consume Flesh: Casting aside all decorum, the Troll Pariah feasts upon the fresh corpses of his enemies. Doing so heals damage and gives him a one-time buff to his maximum health, which lasts until he dies.
Retaliate: Surrounded by enraged tiki spirits, the Troll Pariah has a chance upon being attacked to retaliate, the spirits striking each foe from any distance.

We sincerely hope you enjoy playing, testing, & Judging our entry!

////

The new alternative Spell Icon is attached to this post - it's not existing in the map really and the one in the ressource section is outdated.

Attachments

• GrimRupture_new.png
    GrimRupture_new.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 444
  • BTNGrimRupture_new.blp
    5.3 KB · Views: 211
  • DISBTNGrimRupture_new.blp
    3.1 KB · Views: 180
  • ZAWAIJ_-_Troll_Pariah.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Level 51
So nice to read the entries.

@PROXY , the submission inside the sections aren't really relevant for the judging process. It's only important they're linked to, so we can associate submissions with an entry. But only what's attached to your entry post will be looked at, so it's no problem!

Awesome, thanks to have that clarified.

Level 35
So just more WIPS and final icon of the spell kind (struggled a ton with this... I have like 7 alternate versions, that I might split up into various icons as to not waste the effort, after contest is done):
Icon Hero Charge WIPS.jpg

And then the final icon uploaded to Hive:
Charge Icon - Hero - Screen.jpg

Link here for all border versions

And finally the last icon that I don't really get the use for, but here it is:
BTNChargeSpellHeroFocusIcon.jpg

Uploaded here, with all borders

Wips for it:
Charge wips.png

Last edited:
Level 11
Moose General

Presented by Best tem 10/10

Why Moose
Idea comes from RED BARON, and we all agree that picking Ralle as our hive member hero theme. His enormous work and contribution to THW deserves to have a hero representation on our hive member hero contest!

Story
The Famous Moose General, trained in the art of war on behalf of an ancient tauren shaman who foresaw how this ordinary moose would grow to become one of the world's famous war crafters. Skilled in both punishment and positive reinforcement, this juggernaut of nature is the leader in charge when something truly needs to be done. Few can match their own legend, but this is a moose who can. Surely many still recall how he single-handedly stormed the hive nest and saved the mortally wounded spider and his brood, promising on his life to bring his brood into his own country and care for them. As a hybrid warrior and shamen, the Moose General offers a versatile playstyle, where he serve a dual role as support and damage dealer. Adept at disruption with his "leading charge", it will sometimes appear as if he is capable of being in more than one place.

Spell
As a Famous Moose General, he encourages allies, praising them. With enough praising, allies will receive strong courage that provide them healing over time. Apart from praising allies, the moose will lands a ban hammer on any enemy units that offended him for twice. Enemy unit who received banned hammer will be unable to cast spells, also receiving reduced attack speed and movement speed. But that's not what the max capability of a moose general can do, he is also capable for calling assistance. If there is structure blocking in his path, assistance will be called by him to assist him, either to destroy the structure, or clearing enemy around the structure.

Linking of Resources
Model
Spell
Spell Charge Icon
Spell Charge Icon 2
Moose Icon

Attachments

• MooseCharge.w3x
    334.8 KB · Views: 208
  • MooseCharge.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 35
But, quote from the model resource:

This entire post is to match for the team contest. It should be considered a final entry, even if it clearly is not.

The entry should be here, or I misunderstand?

Well it is the model we are using, but it is broken in many ways. However as time is short it can't be fixed. As such it won't be changed until after contest is over. So the final entry is just meant to say that it is the real one, even if it might not look it.

Level 23
Hey guys! First of all, I want to apologize, in the name of my team, for being inactive all this time. This is officially our resignation to the contest. We weren't able to make a great advance due to the lack of time. Each of us were occupied with our own lifes, so, I hope you understand us guys. Sorry.

full

General Frank the FABRICATOR TANK
Team JustAZBound
Members: Just_Spectating, Astaroth Zion, Spellbound

Why General Frank?

Just_Spectating: I was willing to help out in this contest. The theme seemed like fun so what the heck. I think what some of the things these guys do here is amazing and it feels right that we should honor and show our appreciation in a way like this.

Astaroth Zion: Tanks and machines in general are thing I quite enjoy to design and make, and General Frank's many creations on the Hive have been a source of inspiration for me. Since my first days on the Hive I have craved the day that I could make my own creations that could share a map with Franks’. It made sense to give tribute to such an important contributor to the Hive community.

Spellbound: I was bored... also that Bood Elf Siege Tank thing is one of the best things I've seen in the Model section.

The Ability
He makes tanks for Warcraft III so we made him in Warcraft 3 making tanks in Warcraft 3. Simple.
Download it Here

The Model
He makes tanks, has General in his name, and we wanted to make him make tanks. A tank-factory was a natural thought that occured.
Download it Here

full

The Icon
General Frank seems to like pandas so I took inspiration from his little panda watermark that he puts in the bottom left hand corner of all his resource thumbnails. He also seems to like tanks so we put a panda in a tank. The idea of the first ability icon is how I imagine the General to look when he's deep into making a resource, losing his cool demeanor and letting out his inner beast. The second ability icon is a more conventional approach.

Model 1 2 3 4
Icon 1 2 3 4 5 6
Code 1 2

Attachments

• JustAZBound_FactoryMode.w3x
    222.6 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.