• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
cinematic section? :D Oh, and cinematics are not that big deal-in general. However, if you want some high-end cinematics you should understand at least the basics of JASS :)

But don't be so off-topic->Good luck def :) To be honest I've thought about joining you, but as I see you don't have enough spells to do ATM :D And I must make more 550 custom triggered spells for my map :D (hope they won't kill the game at this rate :p)

Level 33
well there doesent seem to be any requests i can do
def u learnt indexing yet?
You can start on Zephyr Cyclone if you wish to have work =D

woaaahhh pro
if u upload a cinematic which section in gonna be?
At the top-left of the page, click on Maps
Then, under Extensions, click on Cinematics
Here's step-by-step: Maps -> Cinematics
Good Luck~
cinematic section? :D Oh, and cinematics are not that big deal-in general. However, if you want some high-end cinematics you should understand at least the basics of JASS :)

But don't be so off-topic->Good luck def :) To be honest I've thought about joining you, but as I see you don't have enough spells to do ATM :D And I must make more 550 custom triggered spells for my map :D (hope they won't kill the game at this rate :p)
550 custom spells ???
WOW
Hey, you prefer JASS, right ?
If you are, come join my team =D
We need more members dude, as previous members are leaving mysteriously lol...

Level 15
The joke is, I prefer GUI :D It happens sometimes that I ask for help for a spell, and when they tell me it's only possible in JASS I'm done in GUI xD I can understand and see through JASS, however I'm not good in making it-I'll have to practice when I'm finished with my map-oh god, I want to make the models myself (I can except for the animations :D) but it would take years to finish my map that way xD

And about the spells-I have 50 of them done... I'm making an ORPG with an MMORPG-like skills system->~8 classes, every of them has 60 skills(but can be 10 classes xD)

Level 33
GUI or anything, we need members !
Hmmm, there is no current task for you at the moment...
Well, can't test you =D
You sure know how to set variables, cleaning leaks, use dummy abilities, create dummies, eh ?
If you know all of this, that's enough for the requirement to join the team =D

Level 15
Yeah and can do anything in GUI you can imagine :D I don't like dummyes and I avoid them if I can-if it takes a loop for every unit on the map then so be it :D No, just joking, I don't have a deathwish yet :) The only problem this long what I couldn't solve properly was identifying the poison on a unit(the system don't want to treat it like a buff even if it's listed between them Oo). Oh, and OFC the sin and cos expressions are what I should learn as soon as I can... It's hard to make a long wall in front of a unit without them ('ll be my maths lesson around christmas)...

Level 33
You're not a straight-forward-kinda-guy =(
Well, 1 thing for sure (or 3...)
Sin = Opposite Angle / Hypotenuse
Cos = Adjacent Angle / Hypotenuse
Tangent = Opposite Angle / Adjacent Angle
That will... well, kinda help ? LOL

And what about the poison detecting trigger ?
May you clarify it.. ?
Maybe I can help ;p

Level 15
Oh sorry for it :D Pretty hard to keep my thoughts together in this wooden PC I've got at my mother... It needs seconds to show what I've typed in xD

So thanks, now it's a bit more clear :) Thank god I'm learning maths in english :D

About the poison:
I have an ability which applies the buff "Assassins Poison". I trigger all of my spells because I count in primary stat in them. So, if I make the game look for units who have the buff/effect "Assassins Poison" it returns nothing Oo

• Set Posioned = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is Poisoned) Equal to True))
The problem is that it returns every poisoned unit, it doesn't matter what type of poison they have...

Oh one more thing I can't understand... I make hero selection an algorithm, so I set it like:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • -------- 1 --------
  • Set HeroSelectField[HeroEasy] = Hero 1 <gen>
  • Set Classes[HeroEasy] = Assassin
  • Unit - Create 1 Assassin for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Hero 1 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
  • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to 10, Hide level-up graphics
  • Set HeroPicks[HeroEasy] = (Last created unit)
  • Set HeroEasy = (HeroEasy + 1)
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 20, do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
    • Trigger - Add to Hero Select <gen> the event (Unit - A unit enters HeroSelectField[(Integer A)])
And the trigger which selects:
  • Hero Select
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Choser
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Matching player)))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (HeroSelectField[(Integer A)] contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PlayerClass[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Classes[(Integer A)]
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of HeroPicks[(Integer A)]) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of Region 030 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Trigger - Run Hero Type <gen> (checking conditions)
              • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
              • Player - Add 8 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber
              • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Last created unit))
              • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of Region 030 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
              • Set Heroes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
              • Set Hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
              • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) the text: You can chose your ...
              • Countdown Timer - Start NameTimer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
            • Else - Actions
Now the problem is the first 2 heroes selection region works properly, but the 3rd ones does not... I only works if I enter the 3rd from the 5th or leave the 3rd to the 5th region's direction Oo

Level 33
Okay, can you make a detailed description of the spell you want to create ?
The name is Assassins Poison, right ?
I can make it for you, just need a detailed information
Btw, use this action:
  • Poisoned (Poisoned Buff)
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • *Affected Unit* has buff Assassins Poison) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause *YourUnit* to damage *YourEnemyAffectedByThePoison*, dealing XXX damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
The trigger above shows the poison will damage the enemy once every 1 second for XXX damage (you can set it)
The Condition is "Boolean Comparison -> Unit - Unit Has Specific Buff"
Of course, you must first specify the buff you are referring to
I usually create a custom buff for this, it's easier to refer

Level 33
For the slow part, I think you need custom ability, because later on, we can use this action:
  • Unit - Set level of Poison (Slow) for YourUnit to (Level of Envenomed Weapons for YourUnit)
On to the damage per second part:
  • Unit - Cause YourUnit to damage AffectedUnit, dealing ((Real((Agility of YourUnit (Include bonuses)))) / (11.00 - (Real((Level of Envenomed Weapons for YourUnit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Poison

Level 33
Okay, I'm gonna try to trigger it
I'm not doing the Slow thing, just gonna make the damage thing, okay ?
You must use Unit Group Variable for that
Set it to 999999999999999 from Caster Location (Assassins' Location)
And Pick every unit within it (999999999999 is used because we want to damage any unit with the buff)
So, all you need to do is like this:
  • Actions
    • Set HeroLoc = (Position of YourUnit)
    • Set AOE = (Units within 999999999.00 of HeroLoc matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of YourUnit)) Equal to True)))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AOE and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Picked unit) has buff Assassins Poison) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Cause YourUnit to damage AffectedUnit, dealing YourFormula damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Else - Actions
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_AOE)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HeroLoc)
AOE is Unit Group-type variable

Level 33
For the "triggers before the unit actually damage" can be solved by this (need 2 trigger, 1 for start, 1 for effect)
  • Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Effect <gen> the event (Unit - (Attacked unit) Takes damage)
  • Effect
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: WORKS !
At the second trigger, put your action, I just put Game - Text for... well, testing
This way, the trigger will fired IF the unit takes damage, no abuse of "S" button anymore =D

Level 33
You can make a pre-set ability of it
Then, use Remove Ability and Add Ability action
Say, Holy Burst is Level 1 NO Holy Talent support
If you learn Holy Talent, immediately switch the Holy Burst spell to Holy Burst (Holy Talent) spell
Remove Holy Burst Spell, Add Holy Burst (Holy Talent) Spell
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) Spell is a new custom ability, it's pre-made ability from Object Editor
So your work is DOUBLED !
Holy Burst - Level 1
Holy Burst - Level 2
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) - Level 1
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) - Level 2

Level 29
You can make a pre-set ability of it
Then, use Remove Ability and Add Ability action
Say, Holy Burst is Level 1 NO Holy Talent support
If you learn Holy Talent, immediately switch the Holy Burst spell to Holy Burst (Holy Talent) spell
Remove Holy Burst Spell, Add Holy Burst (Holy Talent) Spell
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) Spell is a new custom ability, it's pre-made ability from Object Editor
So your work is DOUBLED !
Holy Burst - Level 1
Holy Burst - Level 2
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) - Level 1
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) - Level 2

Im thinking of that one too...istead of 14 seconds cooldown, it will do...

Holy Burst (Holy Talent) - Level 1 (13 secs)
Holy Burst (Holy Talent) - Level 2 (12 secs)
and so on...

but there are a lot of preset ability to create...meaning 4x6=24...

so Im asking yeohxin, do you want this?...

Level 10
Instead of using trigger to change it you can use the Tinker's Enginerring Upgrade spell for that.
No, don't use preset ability for all of them. Just for the Smite(for it's stun). I'ill create others.

Thanks.

Edit: Is it possible to do talent system using GUI?

Level 33
It uses FSI
Full-Screen Inventory System
It uses Trackables
Where it locates the position of your cursor
Where your cursor last position, and when the user click it, the trackables will load the last position of your cursor and it's time for the modder to mod it according to what coordinates will the Spell/Item be
Btw, it's called TREE system =D
Talent-Tree System, Spell-Tree System, Item-Tree System
You want the system to be done... yeoh ?
I'm afraid the performance in JASS is WAYYY better than GUI
So, all I can say is, I will reject this request @.@
Sorry.. but we just can't do it~

Level 12
You sure know how to set variables, cleaning leaks, use dummy abilities, create dummies, eh ?
If you know all of this, that's enough for the requirement to join the team =D

Lets see.
Vars, yes.
Leaks, absolutely.
Dummy abils, nope
Use dummies, not really.

Looks like I can't join def, ^^

Talent trees! similar to this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hZbhZcGbMsdfoGo

On an unrelated note, Holy crap, they messed with talents majorly in 4.0 :(
Glad i quit..

Level 33
• A skill system that allows for futher customization of your hero. You can choose to make your hero into an excellent tank or more of a damage dealer. Once you research enough skills you "unlock" new abilities.
Are you referring to... THIS ?

@Vizel
Well, as time passes by, you'll learn eventually
It's just that you're lazy bums =D
Good Job in accomplishing 2 out of 4 of the requirements =D

Level 5
Really quick for the Flames of Might, it doesn't do damage from the looks of it and it's a transformation spell you use, so I have to make a levitation unit for it too?
Lady Emily won't cast Poisonous Nova, any way I can make her cast it? Been looking for triggers to allow you to cast.
Please help, thank you.

Level 29
Update for the Priest Spells

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst -DONE
Holy Akhn - DONE
Holy Protection - DONE

Holy Talent - 40%

Update for Holy Talent

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst - DONE

Holy Akhn - Problem, cannot detect revive
Holy Protection - reduce mane cost by 5/7/9/11/13 is not possible

@yeohxin

Enginerring Upgrade is not recommended, coz it will create many preset abilities as well, you will have a hard time importing them...the only problem right now is the reduction of the cooldowns & Holy Akhn cannot be detected...

Trydene

maybe you downloaded the first version of Flames of Might OR maybe you did not adjust the damage in the object editor of the "Flame of Might (dummy)" to 900...

Last edited:
Level 10

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst -DONE
Holy Akhn - DONE
Holy Protection - DONE

Holy Talent - 40%

Update for Holy Talent

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst - DONE

Holy Protection - 0%

@yeohxin

Enginerring Upgrade is not recommended, coz it will create many preset abilities as well, you will have a hard time importing them...the only problem right now is the reduction of the cooldowns & Holy Akhn cannot be detected...
I see. Then will it be better if Holy Talent only improves the mana cost but not colddown? If okey then take this way. And thanks for informing me for the engineering upgrade.

Level 29
I see. Then will it be better if Holy Talent only improves the mana cost but not colddown? If okey then take this way. And thanks for informing me for the engineering upgrade.

I think its the same as cooldowns since you can adjust mana in object editor, not in triggers...you can add & subtract mana in triggers, not the 'cost'...

But may I suggest something?...

1. Instead of CD reduced, I suggest chance CD reset...
2. Instead of Mana cost, I suggest chance mana 'ADD'...

Level 12
The ankh is undetectable cause you're using reincarnation for it?

Use Item ability for the Ankh, and detect that. Should be able to detect it that way.

Level 12
I just remember someone trying to detect the use of it, and there someone told them to use the item instead and it was detectable.

I was just relaying the message. :p

Level 33
Yes. Is it possible?
I'll try to do it =D
Not sure of chance to success...
Really quick for the Flames of Might, it doesn't do damage from the looks of it and it's a transformation spell you use, so I have to make a levitation unit for it too?
Lady Emily won't cast Poisonous Nova, any way I can make her cast it? Been looking for triggers to allow you to cast.
Please help, thank you.
Yeah, on my to fix it...
hey def i cant do zephers cyclones spell its a vjass spell i wanted it in my map i tryed to do it in GUI but failed badly :vw_sad:
Okay, I'll try to take this request

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst -DONE
Holy Akhn - DONE
Holy Protection - DONE

Holy Talent - 40%

Update for Holy Talent

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst - DONE

Holy Protection - 0%

@yeohxin

Trydene

maybe you downloaded the first version of Flames of Might OR maybe you did not adjust the damage in the object editor of the "Flame of Might (dummy)" to 900...
Can't find solution lol
I just remember someone trying to detect the use of it, and there someone told them to use the item instead and it was detectable.

I was just relaying the message. :p
I think I saw this one too...
A trigger/ability that can detect Ankh usage

Level 9
forget about the cyclone maybe its too hard hahahaha

can u make this instead?(i dont mind which u want to do cyclones or this)
emmm almost like phantom lancer's(dota) 3rd skill buteach time the hero gets attacked he has the chance to split an illusion and attack the target but i want the illusion to be in locust mode if thats posible hahahaha(btw the illusions are unclickable so it must move towards the enemy automaticly hit for 5 times? xD)

im just gvin opinion hahahaha...coz it would be cool for my ghost type hero
Champions of eternia an AOS map with similar gameplay to the popular map DotA but 10x cooler or maybe 20x cooler? visit my profile for screenshots there are 2 photos..gonna update it soon so....keep updating

Last edited:
Level 33
forget about the cyclone maybe its too hard hahahaha

can u make this instead?(i dont mind which u want to do cyclones or this)
emmm almost like phantom lancer's(dota) 3rd skill buteach time the hero gets attacked he has the chance to split an illusion and attack the target but i want the illusion to be in locust mode if thats posible hahahaha(btw the illusions are unclickable so it must move towards the enemy automaticly hit for 5 times? xD)

im just gvin opinion hahahaha...coz it would be cool for my ghost type hero
Champions of eternia an AOS map with similar gameplay to the popular map DotA but 10x cooler or maybe 20x cooler? visit my profile for screenshots there are 2 photos..gonna update it soon so....keep updating

Forget the hell of Cyclone, I'm taking this ONE !

EDIT:
Do you want it to CREATE illusion beside the triggering unit OR do you want the effect like Naga Siren's illusion activate ?
You split, or create ?

Level 9
no i dont want that..i want just the ilusion pops out and hit the target hahahahaha

EDIT: btw cool hahaha im craving for this spell

Level 33
Having a bit trouble for the unit to cast Illusion-based spell...
Status: Currently finding a way to execute the order through trigger
Please visit World Editor Help Zone for more info (my thread)
All is being prepared, ONLY the execution that needs to be solved, wait ^_^

Level 29
Good idea! Suggest Accepted =)

good!, I'll make sure that you will like it :)

EDIT:

This Spellpack is damn insane LOL!, The priest is too powerful for this, 1 footman can take out 10 knights...

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst -DONE
Holy Akhn - DONE
Holy Protection - DONE
Holy Talent - DONE

Update for Holy Talent

Smite - DONE
Holy Burst - DONE
Holy Akhn - DONE
Holy Protection - DONE

Additional Info For Holy Talent

Gives 10/15/20/25/30% reset cooldowns & add 50/75/100/125/150 mana to the caster.

Last edited:
Level 33
Does the pack is done ?
PM me dude =D

EDIT:
I'm sorry to say this blood, but the clones can still be controlled
As in GUI, it cannot add Locust ability through trigger =D
I can the unit to be Locust BUT I cannot base the ability from Illusion-based ability
I must make the unit, a custom pre-set unit in Object Editor
I'll try to create both of the spell, different effect
To let you see the effect, which is nicer =D

EDIT 2:
blood, it's done =D
Check it out =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.