• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop

Level 19
Can you guys add TC in these skin?

Attachments

• Tengu.zip
    239.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Tengu.png
    Tengu.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 545
Level 24
@xyzier_24

Here's tier 1 and 2. I've not finished the Masonries and tier 3 yet.

Attachments

• BTNObsidianMelee.JPG
    BTNObsidianMelee.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 141
  • BTNImprovedObsidianMelee.JPG
    BTNImprovedObsidianMelee.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 136
  • BTNObsidianArmor.JPG
    BTNObsidianArmor.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 140
  • BTNImprovedObsidianArmor.JPG
    BTNImprovedObsidianArmor.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 133
  • BTNObsidianRanged.JPG
    BTNObsidianRanged.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 141
  • BTNImprovedObsidianRanged.JPG
    BTNImprovedObsidianRanged.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 136
  • BTNObsidianWeaponry.JPG
    BTNObsidianWeaponry.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 136
  • BTNImprovedObsidianWeaponry.JPG
    BTNImprovedObsidianWeaponry.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Obsidian I-II.rar
    70.5 KB · Views: 72
Level 23
Can you guys add TC in these skin?

Tried to do this but it seems it's not possible in texturing. You can only add TC if that part of the model has TC originally, it seems the model don't have TC on those parts. Perhaps model edit must be at work, I don't know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

attachment.php

It became a blank spot.

Want to join the Workshop for quite some time.

Attachments

• TCthingie.png
    TCthingie.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 380
Level 24
Holy f***ing piece of shit! That's so f***ing awesome! So damn cool! :cute:
If I could just give you a smooch! Thank you so much! I love you bro. I love you! Gimme some hug! :grin:

Please not, considering your a male and o'l. :D

Attachments

• BTNAdvancedObsidianArmor.JPG
    BTNAdvancedObsidianArmor.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 108
  • BTNImbuedObsidianMasonry.JPG
    BTNImbuedObsidianMasonry.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 114
  • BTNImprovedObsidianMasonry.JPG
    BTNImprovedObsidianMasonry.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Obsidian III.rar
    68 KB · Views: 75
  • BTNAdvancedObsidianMasonry.JPG
    BTNAdvancedObsidianMasonry.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 106
  • BTNAdvancedObsidianMelee.JPG
    BTNAdvancedObsidianMelee.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 113
  • BTNAdvancedObsidianRanged.JPG
    BTNAdvancedObsidianRanged.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 107
  • BTNAdvancedObsidianWeaponry.JPG
    BTNAdvancedObsidianWeaponry.JPG
    2.9 KB · Views: 116

Roland

R

Roland

Sorry bub, This IS NOT The place for triggers, this is a Graphics Design workshop. But if you want help, You could go to the World Edit Help Zone.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This place is still alive. Everyones is free to help and request, and of course read the rules as well ;)

@Kyrbi0
Well, can I help?
Maybe you can... : P

ALRIGHT, that took forever, but here's a Zip. All the instructions are inside. Thanks for whatever you find time to do! : )

Attachments

• Icons to Edit for Trolls.zip
    230.9 KB · Views: 72
Level 24
Maybe you can... : P

ALRIGHT, that took forever, but here's a Zip. All the instructions are inside. Thanks for whatever you find time to do! : )

Here are the direct used. Idk what kind of blue you want so I made it between dark trolls and darkspear trolls.
And for the jar, sorry for that, I'm bad with skulls ^_^

Attachments

• BTNTrollPythonWarriores.JPG
    BTNTrollPythonWarriores.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 80
  • BTNTrollHealingDrums.JPG
    BTNTrollHealingDrums.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 69
  • BTNSkullJar.JPG
    BTNSkullJar.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 90
  • ATCTrollMindRot.JPG
    ATCTrollMindRot.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 62
  • BTNMesmerize.JPG
    BTNMesmerize.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 48
  • BTNTrollRegenerate.JPG
    BTNTrollRegenerate.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 64
  • BTNTrollUnstableConcoction.JPG
    BTNTrollUnstableConcoction.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Troll Icons Direct Use.rar
    86.1 KB · Views: 50
Level 24
@Kyrbi0

Here are the rest.
Oh, if I got the colors wrong, I'll change it, don't really know if the recolors look fitting.

@BlackRangerXIII

Can you upload Ujimasa's LC, I rather not download the pack due to my slow net.

Attachments

• PASAbility_Rogue_DualWeild.JPG
    PASAbility_Rogue_DualWeild.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 55
  • BTNTroll_UndyingStrength.JPG
    BTNTroll_UndyingStrength.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 54
  • BTNSnake_Dash.JPG
    BTNSnake_Dash.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 64
  • BTNINV_Torch_Thrown.JPG
    BTNINV_Torch_Thrown.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 86
  • BTNTrollFingerofDeath.JPG
    BTNTrollFingerofDeath.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Troll All Maybe Use.rar
    48.3 KB · Views: 61

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Here are the direct used. Idk what kind of blue you want so I made it between dark trolls and darkspear trolls.
And for the jar, sorry for that, I'm bad with skulls ^_^
@Kyrbi0

Here are the rest.
Oh, if I got the colors wrong, I'll change it, don't really know if the recolors look fitting.

@BlackRangerXIII

Can you upload Ujimasa's LC, I rather not download the pack due to my slow net.
Wow, thanks man; and so fast! I have a few thoughts:

Overall, I think the color is my biggest issue; it's true I didn't specify which color, but I did specify "Jungle" Trolls... And while they range from
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

None of them are nearly that shade of dark blue you've got going on. : ) In fact, most of them are pretty much a light blue, often with some grayish stuff (gray-blue, even).

In particular (though I'm not surprised you didn't know of it, since it is on Wc3C), the Viper Priestess even has an existing blue skin to try & match:
attachment.php

However, I'm a big fan of how the MindRot, the Torch (needs a Passive though, IIRC), the SnakeDash, and the Jar (wasn't expecting much change to be possible anyway; cute skull!) turned out. I liked the recolor of the SFX on Unstable Concoction & Regeneration, but you really didn't need to recolor the Troll as well (they were perfect the way they were; you wouldn't happen to have a partially-recolored version still?).

I appreciate the attempts at the MesmerizeEye, Healing Drums & Undying Strength, but for the first, I fear the "skeleton-ness" is just still too obvious (and I'm not sure that's possible to change with minor editing), and the last two suffer from the leather cuff looking weird (I wonder if it can be made to look like a regular Troll arm (i.e. Unstable Concoction), or if that's too much work?

Finger of Death & UndyingStrength suffer from the same problem; blue on blue on blue just doesn't look good. The original (green?) sfx of Finger of Death would probably look great (that or some kind of reddish-orange). Similarly, the drum should probably have another color (brown?) under the drum-head, rather than blue.

Nice work on the black nails, though for future reference they don't have to be nearly so long & sharp (like claws/talons). In fact, I'm not even sure they must be black; I think I've seen the Shadow Hunter with regular-color nails. Maybe shorten a few of them, save some space?

~~~

Anyway, yeah. I really appreciate it, and hope I haven't deterred you with all of the above. Shoulda been more specific about the Troll-skin color, I s'pose. I'd say out of all of them, MindRot got it the most right; lighten up the rest (& make no changes to UnstableConcoction & Regeneration, if'nyaplease.) Drum is most important, probably. : )

Thanks again!

Level 24
Wow, thanks man; and so fast! I have a few thoughts:

Overall, I think the color is my biggest issue; it's true I didn't specify which color, but I did specify "Jungle" Trolls... And while they range from
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

None of them are nearly that shade of dark blue you've got going on. : ) In fact, most of them are pretty much a light blue, often with some grayish stuff (gray-blue, even).

In particular (though I'm not surprised you didn't know of it, since it is on Wc3C), the Viper Priestess even has an existing blue skin to try & match:
attachment.php

However, I'm a big fan of how the MindRot, the Torch (needs a Passive though, IIRC), the SnakeDash, and the Jar (wasn't expecting much change to be possible anyway; cute skull!) turned out. I liked the recolor of the SFX on Unstable Concoction & Regeneration, but you really didn't need to recolor the Troll as well (they were perfect the way they were; you wouldn't happen to have a partially-recolored version still?).

I appreciate the attempts at the MesmerizeEye, Healing Drums & Undying Strength, but for the first, I fear the "skeleton-ness" is just still too obvious (and I'm not sure that's possible to change with minor editing), and the last two suffer from the leather cuff looking weird (I wonder if it can be made to look like a regular Troll arm (i.e. Unstable Concoction), or if that's too much work?

Finger of Death & UndyingStrength suffer from the same problem; blue on blue on blue just doesn't look good. The original (green?) sfx of Finger of Death would probably look great (that or some kind of reddish-orange). Similarly, the drum should probably have another color (brown?) under the drum-head, rather than blue.

Nice work on the black nails, though for future reference they don't have to be nearly so long & sharp (like claws/talons). In fact, I'm not even sure they must be black; I think I've seen the Shadow Hunter with regular-color nails. Maybe shorten a few of them, save some space?

~~~

Anyway, yeah. I really appreciate it, and hope I haven't deterred you with all of the above. Shoulda been more specific about the Troll-skin color, I s'pose. I'd say out of all of them, MindRot got it the most right; lighten up the rest (& make no changes to UnstableConcoction & Regeneration, if'nyaplease.) Drum is most important, probably. : )

Thanks again!

Argg!! It's the legendary wall of texts!! I'm intimidated!!!

*aham* anyway, jungle troll skin colors, nailcut the nails, remove leather cuffs, change backround color to green (probably the one same as Regeneration),
If I got them right, then I'll be updatin the icons. And I'm sure you also seen my presents ;)

Level 24
@Kyrbi0
Here's another of e'm.

Edit: sh*t I forgot to cut the nails of the other hands...

Attachments

• PASINV_Torch_Thrown.JPG
    PASINV_Torch_Thrown.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 43
  • BTNTrollPythonWarriores.JPG
    BTNTrollPythonWarriores.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 44
  • BTNTrollMindRot.JPG
    BTNTrollMindRot.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 53
  • BTNTrollHealingDrums.JPG
    BTNTrollHealingDrums.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 53
  • BTNTrollFingerofDeath.JPG
    BTNTrollFingerofDeath.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 74
  • BTNTroll_UndyingStrength.JPG
    BTNTroll_UndyingStrength.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 93
  • BTNMesmerize.JPG
    BTNMesmerize.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Troll Updates.rar
    70.7 KB · Views: 65

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Daaaaang, you even added wrists in place of the bracers; I wasn't holding my breath on that bit, since it seemed harder (did you copy/paste from another source, or actually hand-draw it? Impressive either way; looks great).

The drum, the brain, & the torch are all perfect (barring a nail-clipper on the drum-one). The snake-lady face is great; I just have to compare it to mine. The Finger of Death is good, but somewhat blurry (though I fear that's a problem with the original); we'll see if I can find a home for it. The modded "Endurance Aura" is pretty cool, though I'm going to look for some alternative colors (bright, warm stuff; reddish orange yellowish maybe?). Mesmerize looks... better, but I fear it's still very skull-ish. Perhaps smooth out the nose-cheek area? Unsure.

Thanks again, man. I'll rep when it lets me. : P

~~~

If anyone is bored, I had a few more: These are varying amounts of "need", so yeah:

"NEED"
Burrow (& Unburrow) + (NE Ancient) RootBasically take the purple up/down arrow and the "ground" from the Root icon (remove the treant foot & thin purple arrow entirely), to create a dual icon set for the Crawl ability (i.e. "get down/up on/from ground")

"PROBABLY"
(either) Howl of Terror or RedDragonDevourJust turn the skin green (pit lord gray -> green // red dragon red -> green (keep the purple!)). This needs to be a "Big Bite" ability on a T-Rex-riding hero (you might have seen it : P).

"MAYBE"
BTNVengeanceIncarnateFlip it, and then.... Not sure. Can it be turned into an icon that says "i've channeled the dark powers of my snake Loa god & become the horrific half-snake/half-troll incarnation of said Loa god?" It might need to go green (color swap), but it might need to stay purple... Maybe move some lines around? Make it less looking like the Warden and more like a mix between her and a green version of this?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'll update the Mesmerize then, no can do for the others though :p
Well, you've done so much for me, that's only fair.

I went ahead & worked on the #1 (since I realized how important it was & how "easy" it was)... And it actually turned out alright, though I need to add some leaves fluttering or action-lines or something; the icon is just 'bleh'.

Level 8
I'm intrigued by your Burrow request Kyrbi0. I'm still unsure as to what you exactly you mean by "create a dual icon set for the Crawl ability" but is it something like this?

skill-3.jpg

Also what is this "Crawl" ability you speak of? o_0

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well in a stroke of good fortune, I discovered not only that GIMP can easily handle .bmps & has lots of neat editing options (no Photoshop here), but I even figured out how to do recolors myself! Which is good, because I'm picky and the first several I did were all bad (so that's time of yours I didn't waste, basically). : )

I'm intrigued by your Burrow request Kyrbi0. I'm still unsure as to what you exactly you mean by "create a dual icon set for the Crawl ability" but is it something like this?

skill-3.jpg

Also what is this "Crawl" ability you speak of? o_0
Not exactly, but I appreciate the attempt. : )

Basically by "dual icon set" I meant a pair of icons, in a set like how Burrow & Unburrow (Crypt Fiend) are, or Root & Uproot (NE Ancients) are, or how Submerge & Unsubmerge (Naga) are.

"Crawl" is a custom ability featured in my Jungle Troll race (see signature for some disorganized info); certain Troll ground troops are able to Crawl, losing the ability to attack but gaining complete invisibility. This last as long as they are Crawling, until they "Get Up" again.

Hence, a pair of icons, depicting the ground with those big purple arrows (Burrow/Submerge/etc). I chose the Root/Uproot icons for having the perfect little "patch of ground". In fact, I've already done them myself, and they look OK... But they are missing something. I think it's "action"; both Burrow & Submerge feature the interface (earth/water) being torn up by the motion. My "Crawl" icons need something to show the motion; perhaps leaves rustling about?

Check them out, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• BTNCrawl.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 64
Level 8
Oh right, both Burrow and Unburrow. Got'cha! The icon I provided was meant to be an example of the "duel" thing I thought you wanted. I didn't make it either; it's from DotA! :p

I had a look at the icons you attached and they're pretty good but I do agree that there's something off about them; they don't quite capture the "action" as you put it. Burrow and Submerge have the ground and ocean broken, as if the purple arrows are going in and coming out of the respective environments, which gives them that sense of "action" but... man, this is a tough one.

Well in a stroke of good fortune, I discovered not only that GIMP can easily handle .bmps & has lots of neat editing options (no Photoshop here), but I even figured out how to do recolors myself! Which is good, because I'm picky and the first several I did were all bad (so that's time of yours I didn't waste, basically). : )

You don't know how awesome it is to see people learning and developing their skills at, well, anything really. :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oh right, both Burrow and Unburrow. Got'cha! The icon I provided was meant to be an example of the "duel" thing I thought you wanted. I didn't make it either; it's from DotA! :p

I had a look at the icons you attached and they're pretty good but I do agree that there's something off about them; they don't quite capture the "action" as you put it. Burrow and Submerge have the ground and ocean broken, as if the purple arrows are going in and coming out of the respective environments, which gives them that sense of "action" but... man, this is a tough one.
Yeah, exactly. But like I said, I think it could be solved "relatively" easily with something similar; but instead of dirt or water, perhaps leaves or grass? The Troll would be Crawling down in the underbrush, and would probably rustle up some leaves or whatever in getting down.

I just don't know how to draw leaves, lol. And the leaves I was copy/pasting from BTNCyclone look really... weird.

Dehua Darbuya said:
You don't know how awesome it is to see people learning and developing their skills at, well, anything really. :D
Thanks, though the sad truth of it is I'm re-discovering; I've done some marginally-extensive Icon work (well, recolors mostly, but lots of tricky stuff too, just shy of actual "drawing") over the years, but have forgotten much of it, and am only now getting back into the swing of things.

But thanks.

Level 8
Yeah, exactly. But like I said, I think it could be solved "relatively" easily with something similar; but instead of dirt or water, perhaps leaves or grass? The Troll would be Crawling down in the underbrush, and would probably rustle up some leaves or whatever in getting down.

I just don't know how to draw leaves, lol. And the leaves I was copy/pasting from BTNCyclone look really... weird.

That's a solid solution you got there. I'd try to give you some leaves but it'll probably turn out worse! :p

Kyrbi0 said:
Thanks, though the sad truth of it is I'm re-discovering; I've done some marginally-extensive Icon work (well, recolors mostly, but lots of tricky stuff too, just shy of actual "drawing") over the years, but have forgotten much of it, and am only now getting back into the swing of things.

But thanks.

Sounds like me at the start of each semester!!! At least you're back into it; I'm here for recolouring and the odd request every now and again. I suppose you're gonna try finish the icons yourself in that case?

Level 23
Ok, will work on your request guys, (including Kyrbi's and dell's, unless others are already on it, better inform me fast)

Can I get dell's request?

Edit: Here it is. I didn't do the Kel'thuzad, can someone do it? Please.

BTNArthas.png BTNFort.png

Attachments

• DISBTNArthas.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 74
  • BTNArthas.blp
    4.2 KB · Views: 67
  • BTNfort.blp
    5.2 KB · Views: 61
  • DISBTNfort.blp
    2.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Ok, will work on your request guys, (including Kyrbi's and dell's, unless others are already on it, better inform me fast)
Oh, huh? If you're talking about this, don't worry about it; I already did them (the table; the paragraph may still have something important in it; Mesmerize?). If you're talking about this... Sure. The Zip has a good base to work off of; maybe certainly you can do better than me. : )

Level 24
Nice work @Sclammerz :). I'll finish the Kelthuzad then.

@Kyrbi0
For the Mesmerize, I haven't been working on it for awhile since there were others I've been doing, but I'll update it now. Oh and for the Crawl, if you want to, then sure.

Edit:

@dell
The Kel'thuzad.

@Kyrbi0
Lol, the crawl seemed to already be good enough. I can't think of anything to add it anymore. Here's the Mesmerize btw, I've taken a look with the Headhunter and Witch Doctor icons and did some changes with the nose

Attachments

• BTNHKelThuzad.png
    BTNHKelThuzad.png
    12 KB · Views: 92
  • BTNMesmerize.png
    BTNMesmerize.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: