• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #4 - Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Finished Product as of now:
The Great Fountain
attachment.php

I realize it's probably not the most "construction-y" but I enjoyed terraining again, which I haven't enjoyed in a while.

Attachments

• The Great Fountain.png
    The Great Fountain.png
    993.1 KB · Views: 351
Level 13
Hmpf, D:, Sorry guys. I can't enter the contest since i accidentaly deleted my terrain when i thought i was deleting the other terrain i was supposed to delete. D:, I have to quit the contest. With my sincerest apology.

P.S, If you think im lying then go ahead, I won't stop you.

Level 34
second Wip.. i still have ALOT to do but :p meeh later..
Looks very nice Mr.Goblin! As the moment I've seen the picture I already realized it was about Ancient Protector ^^ And the rest of the people also got nice ones!

But sadly, or goodly... I won't join the contest, this is too hard for me... I'm not very good with those pitch, angles... or whatever... so far I only know how to turn the doodad upside down... :(

Level 17
I'm In...
4 questions:
No1: What is UTM?
No2: WEU allowed?
No3: Where to submit?
No4: W3X or JPG?

Thanks

1) Ultimate Terraining Map
2) I gues, it does not use any imports I gue sbut it's a pain in the ass for people to look at because regular WE users (like me) can't open them when u use features of WEU.. xD
3) Here I gues, just attach the map and some images.
4) You will have to post the entire map because everything will be used to rate your terrain. Screenshots are allowed to show us if it's actualy worth opening.. :xxd:

No, by setting the pitch to a negative value it will rotate it regardless of terrain.
(such as setting it to -3.14 makes it go upside down. To make values negative, hold down shit than select Max Pitch)

How do i change the pitch... iv only found been able to change the Max potch and Max roll....

To rotate a doodad on the floor i hold down shift and drag the cursor... How to i pitch it? (Do i have to do it via triggers?)

Attachments

• Where pitch.jpg
    Where pitch.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 132
Level 9
It's an import which is against this contests rules, and communist orc its the max pitch angle or
whatever that turns it, you just have to shift+double-click it and do -3.14 or the other one that
i don't remember. any scyth master theres not and construction in that terrain, it looks like you
took a screenshot of a random melee map that you made, no offence.

Level 19
It's an import which is against this contests rules, and communist orc its the max pitch angle or
whatever that turns it, you just have to shift+double-click it and do -3.14 or the other one that
i don't remember. any scyth master theres not and construction in that terrain, it looks like you
took a screenshot of a random melee map that you made, no offence.

Considering it actually is... none taken :D

and it is supposed to resemble the construction of a settlement, that is why there are rowboats, boxes, and a port.

Level 17
Nope, it does not have to resemble the construction of a settlement or anything like that. I have no clue why everybody thinks that...
You just to have make something out of doodads that looks cool without using imports xD.

Using doodads, form a structure, monument, or something that would not naturally occur without the intervention of man/magic/intelligent beings

As you can read here.. :p That's the objective guys, ofcourse that means you can make a settlement on construction but u can also just make a settlement that's completed. xD
So yeh... Don't know why everybody gets that idea that it has to be a construction from..

Status
Not open for further replies.