• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Assault Force v1.03

v1.03
-Added a new game mode, Survival
-Added 3 new secondary missions
-Added a new zombie, Beholder
-Added a new zombie, Roamer
-Added a new item, Riot Shield
-Added a new item, Crowbar
-Armsdealer starts with Crowbar
-Added a new item, Helmet
-Added Supply Crates around the map
-Added a new selection circle
-Added few new "secrets"
-Added a hp upgrade for bus in garage
-Added an ability for weapon swapping
-Added command -cam2 for higher view
-Hospitals can now cure infections
-Chainsaw shop changed to farm
-Fixed bugs
v1.02c
-All medics have now a medikit backpack
-Zombies have a new unit, an underground tunnel
-Added a new city event
-Scientist purify ability gives more mana at low levels
-Fixed bugs
v1.02b
-Fixed a few bugs
v1.02
-Added a new zombie, mutated hound
-Added automatic reload
-Added a command
-m that shows locations of allied mines
-Added a command
-music that turns all music off/on
-Added Nano Vest
-Added Fireproof Vest
-Added a new item, Laptop
-Added a new item, Alcohol
-Added coolant reactor event
-Added new secondary mission
-More blood
-Fixed scientist's turret bug
-Fixed a bug with entangling roots
-Fixed boss bugs
-Map visibility prevented
-Havoc hp increased
-Helicopter ammo capacity increased from 60 to 70
-Removed a few memory leaks
-Painkiller has custom buff
-Machine gun reloads faster when proning
-Increased sniper rifle clip size from 5 to 8
-Reduced flamethrower and acidthrower damage by 1
-Updated credits list
-Fixed a tentacle bug
-Fixed a power plant bug
-Fixed a small mine bug
-Fixed a vehicle bug
-Fixed pioneer repair bug
-Fixed a helicopter bug
-Fixed a disconnection bug with havoc
-Fixed a backpack bug
-Fixed a shop bug
-Fixed a havoc spawn bug
-Reduced Enlist Farmers and Kleptomaniac chance by 6%
-Fixed a bug with mines
-Medal gives 3 farmers instead of 4
-Removed minigun from medals
-Updated weapon skill system
-Fixed Scientist weapon bugs
-Freak zombie stun duration increased against normal units by 2 seconds
-Fixed item shop bugs
-Mines can now be placed next to barricades
-Time for base reveal depends now on the amount of players in pvp
-Water plant purifies now one more water radiation point
-Sas Marine can't use flamethrowers anymore
v1.01
-fixed a big item bug
-codes from v1.00 are no longer usable because of the item bug
-power plant mission bug fixed
-fixed a bug with vehicles
-landmine activation time increased to 4 seconds from 2, added a special effect
-players can now enter the same vehicle with steal vehicle ability
-credits list updated
Important
A host bot called jk2pach-host4 hosts zaf on all realms 24/7, add jk2pach-host4 as a friend on BattleNet.
All codes from v1.02 and beyond work.
Join ZAF on Facebook and read the latest news and discussions!
If you find bugs or got some feedback/ideas let me know. Due to the 8 Mb limit I had to reduce the quality of sound files.
ZAF is a highly developed 12 player online modern zombie survival game. Three official ZAF songs: Night Tension Song, Combat Song and Action Song.
Modes (3)
12 vs Zombies (Story Mode)
6 vs 6 - Marines Destroy Enemy Base
12 vs One Huge Zombie
Coming Later - 6 vs 6 Marines vs Zombies
Classes (9)
Armsdealer, Demolitions, Detachment Commander, Field Operations, Forward Observer, Medic, Pioneer, Sas Marine, Scientist
Each class has five unique abilities, the players have to work as a team if they are to survive. The level cap is 50 and there is a save/load system to load your hero's experience from older games.
Armsdealer - Provides the team with ammunition.
Demolitions - Master of explosive skills.
Detachment Commander - A class specialized in commanding troops.
Field Operations - Scouter with radio skill to call for ground forces.
Forward Observer - Best class for scouting. Can call air support and uses flares.
Medic - Heals and revives fallen players. Cures infections and broken legs/arms.
Pioneer - Builds barricades and turrets for defence. Can also repair mechanical units.
Sas Marine - The basic soldier of ZAF for beginners.
Scientist - Has the most devastating weapon in the game, Ion Cannon. Can also build a mannable big gun turret and a radar that detects zombies.
Weapons (15)
Carbine, Chainsaw, Combat Knife, Flamethrower, Grenade, Heavy Support Rifle, Machine Gun, Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Semi Machine Gun, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Super Shotgun, Uzi, Acidthower
All weapons are attached to the player when picked up. Combat Knife can be used when the player has no weapons. All weapons are unique. For example shotgun has splash but low range and sniper has the highest attack range. All weapons slow the player's movement speed when carried. Weapons have different bullets. Each player can carry one weapon in hand and one weapon on back at a time. Backpack and vehicles can hold several weapons.
Systems
Radiation, Save/Load, Day/Night Cycle, Rage, Electronics & Metal, Random Events, Medals of Honour, Accuracy
Vehicles (2)
Jeep, Bus (Tank Later)
Models - Talon the Mage, Klarnetist, WebSter, Punisher_x, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, oGre_, General Frank, TotallyAwesome, oBs3rv3r, BlackSebastian, JetFangInferno, Illidan(Evil)X, Rao Dao Zao, Fluff, sc_freek, Nasrudin, Daelin, Vuormalainen, Dionesiist, chilla_killa, epsilon, Pyramidhe@d, Teaspoon, PeeKay, War_Golum, tee.dubs, HappyCockroach, HappyTauren, Kitabatake, RED BARON, Ergius, Thrikodius, Kofi_Banan, Goldwolf, SantoRayo[iP], Tranquil, Devine, IronMaiden, Frictional Games, WindexIsBack, Ribenamania, supertoinkz, nikikin, Debode

Textures/Icons - Zombie, Born²Modificate, The_Silent, Denu, ana, Saikann, halo, darkdeathknight, Ammorth, Illidan(Evil)X, Immoralis, Juan_Ann, NFWar, inhuman89, graystuff111, General Frank, HappyTauren, Muoteck, Riley, ChirusHighwind, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, ChevronSeven, Domokun, SantoRayo[iP], Huinipachutli, Muoteck, kola, -Stygian-, Ampharos_222, MortAr, Coinblin, GhostThruster, chilla_killa, M0rbid

Systems/Spells - Waldbaer, Paladon, D1000, StaberFire

Pictures (www.deviantart.com) - adonihs "WWZ - The Battle of Yonkers", Rub-a-Duckie "Grrr...Zombiesz"

Music (www.newgrounds.com/audio) - Denny Schneidemesser (Danman87) "With Gun & Crucifix", Thomas (silencefreedom) "Await", ParagonX9 "The Encounter ( MGS Style )"

Sounds - Unreal Tournament, sound websites

Websites - www.hiveworkshop.com www.wc3c.net www.xgm.ru If I forgot to add somebody to the credits then contact me.

Keywords:
ZAF Zombie Assault Force Modern Survival Horror Marine 12 Players Online Bnet War Mission Helicopter Jeep Bridge Mutation Infection Defense !Epic!
Contents

Zombie Assault Force v1.03 (Map)

Level 3
Ahehe TY Jaakko for giving my code level 17 even my last highest level was level 23 :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone wants to have a war with us? (Philippines) Just add me in facebook [email protected] so that we can spread this map worldwide!

Our Group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...283791829&ap=1

Add me http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000847783486

ZAF Different Album but the same names! No time to add more pictures xD
>http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...00000847783486

Level 2
This is the god of all zombie maps. if it were possible I'd vote 100/5. The gameplay is so intense that I forget I'm playing WC3 =D

Level 1
Suggestions :)

Loving v1.02 its fantastic, good to have some of the bugs of the last version fixed it makes everything feel smoother.

I have some suggestions not for changes but for additions. Perhaps you can pick an choose or get ideas for future updates.

- Jack of all trades. In addition to the heavy/light armor or nano pack, you could give the option to choose jack or all trades which would let you pick 1 extra skill from any other proffession but only let you get to level 8 in all your skills.

- More vehicles. You could include a number of other modes of transport like horses, bicycles, a certain type of zombie you could capture and ride, and maybe a boat for traveling up and down the river.

- Heroism. Its often the case that someone is 'severly injured' and there is no medic or they are the medic or its impossible to save them because you cant shoot and revive at the same time. You could make it possible to drag their body to safety or to a hosiptal and give hospitals the ability to revive. You could make it that your movement speed is much much slower when dragging someone.

- Civilians. There is alot of farmers in the country but the city streets are strangly empty. Perhaps a few armed or unarmed civilians in the urban areas.

- Shapeshifting zombie. A zombie (perhaps spawned from an egg) which looks like a human marine and is not auto targetable, so you actually have to click on it to attack it.

- Looters. I would think in this situation there would be some oppotunistic types looking to take advantage of the situation. As one of the little missions a small band of looters could appear on the map and start scavenging. It would be fairly important to stop them because they would steal valuable resources from the map. Perhaps you could make the sherrif required to stop them, or just shoot them lol.

Level 19
Loving v1.02 its fantastic, good to have some of the bugs of the last version fixed it makes everything feel smoother.

I have some suggestions not for changes but for additions. Perhaps you can pick an choose or get ideas for future updates.

- Jack of all trades. In addition to the heavy/light armor or nano pack, you could give the option to choose jack or all trades which would let you pick 1 extra skill from any other proffession but only let you get to level 8 in all your skills.

- More vehicles. You could include a number of other modes of transport like horses, bicycles, a certain type of zombie you could capture and ride, and maybe a boat for traveling up and down the river.

- Heroism. Its often the case that someone is 'severly injured' and there is no medic or they are the medic or its impossible to save them because you cant shoot and revive at the same time. You could make it possible to drag their body to safety or to a hosiptal and give hospitals the ability to revive. You could make it that your movement speed is much much slower when dragging someone.

- Civilians. There is alot of farmers in the country but the city streets are strangly empty. Perhaps a few armed or unarmed civilians in the urban areas.

- Shapeshifting zombie. A zombie (perhaps spawned from an egg) which looks like a human marine and is not auto targetable, so you actually have to click on it to attack it.

- Looters. I would think in this situation there would be some oppotunistic types looking to take advantage of the situation. As one of the little missions a small band of looters could appear on the map and start scavenging. It would be fairly important to stop them because they would steal valuable resources from the map. Perhaps you could make the sherrif required to stop them, or just shoot them lol.
Thanks, these are indeed interesting ideas.

What do you mean with the profession from jack of all trades?

As for vehicles there will be a tank. Due to the 8 Mb limit I don't know will I add more vehicles, or if I do I need to remove something first, like music or loading screen or something.

Dragging an injured player sounds like an interesting idea, it's just that what would I do with the death timer once somebody starts dragging. If it doesn't pause then it would propably be almost impossible to reach a hospital in time.

It's just the problem that I have no civilian model, also why would the civilians be wandering on the streets when there is a zombie army coming.

The shapeshifting zombie is a nice idea. I might use this idea as a trap, the player came to rescue some people only to find out that they mutated into zombies and attacked.

The scavenger mission could be one of those that come in the beginning of the game. It's a good idea and I try to add it at some point.

Level 1
Suggestions :) continued

"What do you mean with the profession from jack of all trades?"

Im not sure how to actually make it happen but youd basically be able to pick an extra skill. So for example you could go demolitions and choose jack of all trades and pick the skill 'make fuel' so you could run your flamer. The maximum level of your skills would be only 8 instead of 10 though.
Its complicated and probably not worth adding.

"Dragging an injured player sounds like an interesting idea, it's just that what would I do with the death timer once somebody starts dragging."

Also abit complicated to do. Perhaps when they get injured their body is relaced with a "body item" which you can pick up in your inventory. You could pick them up hop in a vehicle and drive them to a hospital. Placing the item on the hospital could respawn them. The item could dissappear after a certain time. I dunno.

Level 19
There is no icon space for a sixth hero spell unless it can go inside a spellbook.

I don't know yet about the body dragging, it sounds interesting but a little complicated and also driving injured people with a vehicle to hospital might make the game too easy if the revive is free at hospital.

Level 4
Great game!

I have a suggestion...

Helicopter/Train should be stop in some location
so we can group ourselves together.... rather
than going out alone finding yourself lost in nighttime... then dying without somebody to help you out.

I agree with the heroism.
Dragging them leaves their weapon or equipments
and also reviving at the hospital is free
but it only revives you with half of your health.
You can also get a medal if you do help them to reach
the hospital

Level 2
And what about adding shooting from venichle? i can imagine it like when you enter a venichle you'll get special hero, like backpack, who is following a venichle and have the same DMG and AS, like your marine have. What do you think about it?
P.S. About heroism: have you ever played DotA? Look at the ultimate ability of Batrider:Flaming Lasso-He can drag enemys with himself, just think about it)
P.P.S. Make fallen heroes able to shoot, replacing their DMG and AS by Pistol-DMG and Pistol-AS (left 4 dead help you with that idea)

Level 1
No medal

"You can also get a medal if you do help them to reach
the hospital"

That would be nice, but unfortunately ungentlemenly types would simply shoot each other next to the hospital and revive each other for unlimited medals.

Also about the jack of all trades thing. Couldnt you put it in the place where it shows you have 'heavy armor' since you wouldnt be able to choose both?

Level 4
"You can also get a medal if you do help them to reach
the hospital"

That would be nice, but unfortunately ungentlemenly types would simply shoot each other next to the hospital and revive each other for unlimited medals.

Maybe adding a cooldown to the hospital revive ability.

Shooting while in the bus is a good idea too.

Level 1
Great Game xD suggestion try using the marine as an undead marine after it dies(when the time reach 0) The undead marine might be fast strong melee and hide in trees.

Level 1
Hmmm

If you swapped heros and then the guy that was now controlling the higher level hero saved would his save file be a high level hero?

Level 8
Short answer: No

Long answer: I hope not, else it's a big mess with the variables. It might only appear after a level up with this swapped hero, since then the variable might be affected, but let's never think about things like that.

Level 2
Hey how about adding an ability "Swap weapons"? It's just a total waste of time--changing waepon in mid of fight! But it can't be avoided sometimes.

Level 1
We have played 12/12 and was protecning military base. About 5 night (before boss) there is a memory leak and critical error =( mb there are too much mobs or "cyclon" mobs uses thir abilities in one time.

Level 19
someone has ever won this map??
i mean, its nearly imposible with a random team with no save codes. Havoc should spawn later :p. and he has to much HP
At least I haven't heard of it. I will also make more waves in later versions. Havoc spawns only if the main mission fails.
I would like to ask, how can i change weapons without dropping one?
There will be an ability for this in the next version.

Level 2
This map is AWESOME! I was playing this with 4 mates and we were all experienced NOTD AM players but this was crazy hard, it took us 3 games to figure things out. I have to find a vehicle to drive :) 5/5 from me.

Level 4
I love this game but I cant save cause my friends dont like it and if I want to start Bnet my game crahes... but anyway great map!!
And a question... What are the Supply Crates for?? I dont think u can open it or something like this, can you?

Level 4
There will be new weapons at some point. A lightning gun might be a cool weapon. Shooting from vehicle might be a little hard to accomplish and also it sounds a little bit overpowered but there will be a tank later that can shoot.

but, shooting from a vehicle would be well... the best thing xD, running from havoc in a jeep with a sniper O_O or maybe a buss with many Uzis, machine guns and sub-machine guns!
And you can use the phoenix fire ability for the shooting from a vehicle, I mean something like this begins to be transported, then the condition analyzes the unit and adds a ability to the vehicle. The only problem would be that the phoenix fire ability only shots at random units with in range. Also you could make that you can make that you can garrison buildings, I mean get inside and that pionner can repair them but when buildings are in 20% you have to get out of them otherwise they colapse.

+1 for shooting from a vehicle

Last edited: