• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Assault Force (zaf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hi. I'm doing both. There is not much left anymore. Currently I'm adding a 6vs6 marines vs zombies mode.
There are also a few new things like a backpack for heroes that can carry extra items. I have also edited the tooltips and abilities of heroes and they are starting to look more ready now.

Level 19
hmmm well maybe add more cars that are burning? would give it a more of a destructive feeling to it i think. and i whas wondering about those zombies are they unarmed? if so maybe you could give them attachments like a bloody chainsaw
There are a few cars that are burning, not sure if there are enough yet though. Yes most of the zombies are unarmed but one zombie has a weapon. I could try how the chainsaw fits that unit. I'll tell later how it went.
EDIT: Here is the zombie that will be wielding chainsaw. I included the interface in this picture too.

Last edited:
Level 18
Ok btw i whas wondering could you maybe tell me where you got those blood models and those buildings? i have a map myself that is a survival map you kinda inspired me to work on it again but i still need som nice models. If you dont want to give them i understand but its never rong to ask :p Anyway when is your release date of this map? cant wait to play it :p

Level 19
Ok btw i whas wondering could you maybe tell me where you got those blood models and those buildings?
That blood is from one modern doodads pack. I can't remember any links but that pack can be found in thehelper.net. It might be this http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123009 can't remember.
Anyway when is your release date of this map? cant wait to play it :p
No exact date but there isn't much left.
How about a Boss like the Tank or the Charger in Left 4 Dead so that it could be challenging
or like opening a gate then the alarms start to rand then the zombie will be attract by the sound
There is one boss in zaf and there will be more later. I haven't seen those bosses yet. It could be possible that some zombies would be attracted by sound at some point of the game if I do a mission like that sometime later.

Level 18
That basketball field you made is awsome it gave me the idea to make one in my map :)

btw i already found most of the models you used like the walls and so on i found them on xgm.ru (still that blood i didnt found) the link you gave me worked but the pack doesnt contain the blood model :( maybe you can export it and upload it here? And i whas thinking do you got msn? so that i can add you

Edit here is a WIP of the basketball field :p Im planing to add custom tilesets and so on but as for now this is how it looks

Attachments

• Basketball field WIP.jpg
    Basketball field WIP.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Level 19
I'm sorry but I will need another week or two, I have still things I want done. I was away four days because of Midsummer Day but here are a few updates with a few screenshots. I added today 3 new missions and I will add at least one more. In the later versions there will be more of course.

This zombie you can see in the picture I named it Shroom. It has very high hp regeneration but can be easily killed with a grenade or with more people than just one. If you get too close it might use its vacuum spell to draw nearby units at it. When the Shroom dies it will launch a corpse explosion spell. This is just one of the zombies I try to make different from each other.

I hope you will have fun playing when I get this done but for now I need a week or two and I see after a few days how I am making progress.

Last edited:
Level 10
Kinda lost track of this map, but the screenshots are just... damn, why can't I do such good terrain. Rep'd
Just a question: Will you just be using fog (like the default fog) or will you have some custom lighting system (something along the lines of using the "night models" function and light sources being the only way of light - something along the lines of what WitD has)

Level 19
How about you put a many different kind of zombies that have different kind of abilities ^^ right? so that it could have fun when 6 on 6 human vs zombies , you can random any kind of zombie and you have a 1 - 20% to be a boss zombie
I'm planning that the player zombies will be a little different from the others. They will be stronger than normal zombies but not as strong as some bosses could be. I will most likely make it so that the players can pick a zombie each time their zombie has died but there are limits with the zombies so that not all 6 players can take the same strong zombie at the same time. Once a strong zombie dies there will be a timer before it comes available again so that others have a chance to pick that zombie too. One of the strongest zombies will be a little bit something like pudge with a hook ability but it will be also the slowest zombie so if the marines make a base this zombie is the best unit to try to take it down with. There will also be one zombie who can do high jumps and move fast. Once a player has been infected it will be pinged in the map for zombie players as long as the marine isn't cured. After all the marines are dead the teams will switch positions and now the new zombies will have as much time to kill the marines how much it took for them to kill the other team. If the time ends the new marine team will win but if the marines are killed before that then the new zombie team wins the game.
Kinda lost track of this map
There is something confusing?
Will you just be using fog (like the default fog) or will you have some custom lighting system (something along the lines of using the "night models" function and light sources being the only way of light - something along the lines of what WitD has)
I use only custom fog except those little light models under streetlights. If a zombie is exposed to streetlight then there is a chance to do a critical hit. I tried to attach a small light model to marines at night but the model would bug and not show most of the time. So I don't have any custom lightning. Though if you know of some good lightning I could take a look of that. Where can I find this WitD? Could be interesting to see that.

Level 10
I use only custom fog except those little light models under streetlights. If a zombie is exposed to streetlight then there is a chance to do a critical hit. I tried to attach a small light model to marines at night but the model would bug and not show most of the time. So I don't have any custom lightning. Though if you know of some good lightning I could take a look of that. Where can I find this WitD? Could be interesting to see that.

Whispers in the Dark It is somewhat based off Dead Space, so a similar environment to yours (zombies/undead, ruined setting...etc). Definitely worth a look at.

Level 19
I haven't lost my motivation no, I just sometimes get a little busy with other things. I have been updating the save/load code today, it was ready earlier but I wanted to make it a little more complex and by that I don't mean using too many letters, the code had 10 letters before and now it has 13. The experience cap will be currently almost 10 millions and max levels 50 and the first levels will be easy to gain. The normal mode stops in first version after the first boss fight, but I will continue from there in next versions and as people start telling they are beating the first boss. There are missions that give experience to all alive players and defeating the boss gives 1000 experience to all alive players. 1000 is much for gaining first levels but I will increase the experience gain in next boss fights by huge amount. I think by doing this I have ensured that nobody can reach the level cap too fast, and I could always come up with something more after that. I updated the first boss fight to be more harder and interesting. I also updated the terrain, the terrain is now ready for the first release. I also updated the enemy zombies AI to spawn zombies closer to their target locations. I'm getting there, I'm thinking that maybe I should add the marines vs zombies in the second version or something. I'm not so happy with a few sound files as I had to decrease the quality to save space. After a few more changes in the map I will be testing it with 12 players so I could use a few people as volunteers when the time comes. I will disable saving and some other things in the test map so it is useless to play that alone, even though it will be not possible to play the test map alone I'm asking that nobody that is going to test it will give the map to anybody since I will upload the real version after a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.