• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Wars Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Zombie Wars

Short about Zombie Wars:

(I am currently looking for a modeller: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/model-request-for-zombie-wars-134992/)

Zombie wars is a third person shooter map where the player is to survive in a modern city environment against zombies. There can be up to four players but a fast connection speed for the host is highly recommended in multiplayer. I am now focusing on making a sandbox-like gameplay. The player has different ways to kill zombies, and The game continues until all players are dead, then the player with the most kills wins. Players cannot kill each other.

In the beginning of every "game" the players can choose between five different difficulty levels. The players choices affect the amount of zombies that are spawned during the game time.

Controls:

Arrowkeys - Move around
Q - Fire shotgun
W - Heal nearby player
E - Melee attack
R - Reload

Esc (Doublepress) - Pick up an item nearby

Other Features:

- realistic sounds like footsteps and reload sounds and voices will be added
- an unannoying third person camera
- grass generated ingame
- multiboard that shows each players score

Last edited:
Level 19
I see right now you're using GF's space orc models. Now, I have no doubt that those are really awesome models, but you might want to ask him if you could get their faces re-skinned so that they are human...

Great idea! I'll do that. Thanks.

i like this i if you get it done before the 26 june i may play it at lan to test in multiplayer for you

Okay, I'll see if I can't get it done.

Update: Posted a video of my map.

Level 19
I'm not sure how long it will take to complete considering all the difficulties that I might encounter during the remaining things I have to do, but I am working in a moderate speed so I'll definitly finish this project. Consider it as 70 % done.

And +rep for helping me. ; )

Level 17
School is for the birds, an old saying from where I am {Joke, school is important}. I hope you finish it soon cuz the map looks awesome. I tried creating a zombie shooter/survival but I am not very good with terraining, I actually looked at your terrain showcase for some ideas, but I still suck with terraining.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.