• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Zombie Shooter Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, I've changed my mind. I am going to continue on the game. Thank you tomsta for helping me get my inspiration back =). Ignore what I said below bout not continuing.

Well, it's been about 2 weeks and I've decided that I am not going to continue with this game. Thank you for all of your help and comments, but I've lost interest and I can't find anymore interesting. Thanks again.

Before you remove my thread, give me a notification pretty please <3.

So, I've been thinking... there aren't many zombie shooters out there on wc3 yet. I'd like to bring out the elements of a rail shooter where you rapidly shoot zombies for no reason :D.

Controls:
Click on items to equip weapons
Left click zombies to shoot them! (CLICK RAPIDLY!)
Click on yourself to reload! (like shooting off the screen in rail shooters)
But alternatively, an easier way to reload is to control group your character, so you can just press that number to reload instead!

Features:
8 Players
8 Computers
Up to 1200 zombies on the screen at once! And that's without the awkward stop lag that the AI seems to achieve after the limit passes 150.
Five different strips (only one (and unfinished) at the moment)
Five different difficulties (based on HP): 1-Hit KO Mayham!, Outbreak, Pandemic, Epidemic, Apocalypse
Bosses get stronger and more abilities per difficulty increment
Four different apocalypses: Zombie, Vampire, Werewolf, Phantom

This way, the game will be replayable! If you're tired of shooting zombies, then why not shoot some vampires? Each apocalypse will have different monsters with different abilities which I hope, will make the game more replayable =).

Currently, the game is balanced to the number of players, but please try to get a full house to play.

Goals:
I hope that my game will have the most zombies all out at once on the screen. I would like to give everyone the effect of a mass invasion of zombies where you're just totally surrounded, clicking rapidly and trying to survive.

Here's the game right now (and it's totally unfinished)
http://epicwar.com/maps/99115/
*make sure to set all infected to computer controlled. i don't know how to defaultly set them to computers*

Please leave comments and tell me if I should continue this project. I am vacationing for 2 weeks, so after that I will decide whether or not to continue this =).

Last edited:
1200 zombies? Is that a joke?
The project looks good, even though it seems just another project that is going to be dumped in the middle of the development. Don't ask me why i say that, just call it 'sense' :p
By the way, enough of the bosses feature :S
Good luck, if it is interesting enough and the screenshots look promising/appealing, i will give it a try and give you constructive criticism. By the way, how will you detect the left click?

Last edited:
Level 6
OH lol wow.. okay i am so dumb xD. i thought he said 1200 was a joke like that wasn't a lot. but yeah it is definately not a joke =D. tried it already. works nicely :D. but it lags a bit... but it's not too bad. i have my graphics all the way up, so im pretty sure if i turned it down it would be okay.

Level 6
Wait, so you're suggesting I put this game in first person? Or atleast in close view with the rotating-follow cam? I can do that, but one of my goals wasn't to really scare people in this game. I was planning to make an option to make it "first person" but I haven't gotten to that part yet.

Should I make my game more scary? Have you tried it yet? Does it have a good atmosphere so far? =\. I saw WillTheAlmighty's game, and i think his game blows away the title of best graphics lol. So I don't think i'll even try to compete in graphics.

EDIT:
Can you play my map and tell me how the terrain is so far? People have told me it's really nice, and I've already gotten some "cool" comments from people I've tested with on battle.net.

Level 3
Tested ur map and it was fun but u could improve the terrain. since its a zombie map add more death and corpses into it and maybe get those deathwood trees in the UTM or at wc3c. and it wasnt scary at all. the zombies did 1dmg? lol took 100 hits for em too kill me. and the zombies are really really slow. except for the dogs lol. great map though really fun lol

Dreadnought[dA];1167321 said:
@_@ This map causes fingers to bleed. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

!! Guess what! It follows the concept of your avatar! :wink:

The map in its current state is kinda hard; the zombies are too many to not get killed.
I am so sure it needs a first person camera system, that i thought it was already featured in your introduction post.
The terrain is bad to good. The units are too small, the only thing that gives this map a chance of success is the music. Currently, lots should be done, like i said.
For terrain, have some views in the Terrain Board section, there are many creepy terrains, which you should follow.

Level 6
thanks for the comments guys! i didn't really want to make a scary game... but since everyone thinks that it's supposed to be scary, then i'll change it :D. haha. so any suggestions on how to make my game more scary? (added those trees and corpses to my list already)

for the size of the zombies, i wasn't sure to change them or not because i kinda wanted to keep the small models so that it requires a bit more accuracy from players. BUT if it's SO difficult to click on them that it's virtually IMPOSSIBLE then i'll change it

and for the damage, i know the zombies deal puny damage but i'm going to change that once i get a REAL revival system working, instead of the 5 second revival that's defaulty there. my goal for the damage is that you'll die faster than right now, which means people need to revive frequently, which means that there will be more teamwork, which causes for more interaction with players, which equals fun! (hopefully xD) so dw, i'll figure out a way to make it harder, but right now im trying to complete my first strip.

EDIT:
I need some help in these areas
1. How to loop my music (it's a music, not a sound)
2. How to make it so that the computers are defaultly set in place (as in they show up as grey and unchangeable)

And... I was looking at some terrain but I don't know how to implement it to my type of terrain
Right now, I wanted my terrain to be a strip of land. The pics I've viewed look GREAT!... Except for the fact that they were all for 3D Open Environments as opposed to my "side scrolling" environment. So if anyone has any suggestions of how my terrain should be for a "side scroller" then please link me :D :D :D

Last edited:
Level 3
oh yeah and try using the "blight" terrain thing. to turn those orange trees black. but onli turn some of them to make it look more varied.

Level 8
Create granades, that kills 500 zombies at once =D, think a little, I will need to click 1200 times to kill 1200 zombies?Why dont u create an piercing shot?
An nomal shot, but it continues after killing a zombie, like, One shot 10 kills.

Level 6
Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention this isn't complete yet. I have notes on my computer where I wrote down a lot of weapons, bombs, and items. Yes I already thought about the grenade that kills hundreds of zombies. Yes, I already have it written down that I will have a sniper which will go through multiple zombies (and 1 Hit KO). but no, I will not have it 1 shot = 1 kill. I will have that as the EASIEST difficulty setting, but normal games won't be like that.

Lord of sausage: Thank you for the advice. THIS is what i was hoping for. more comments like you so it can help me decide if i ultimately want a point and click game, point on ground game, or a lock cam game where you can move arrows. I just wish I had more comments like yours because everyone else's advice is what I already thought of already and they're on my notes.

TY for comment :)

Level 6
Don't know if it's allready said, but when I use "A" to attack, i don't have to reload at all and i can keep spray, which make the game kinda easy ;p .

-Sinizi

Level 6
You should realy fix so that u can't make the shooter in a group!
For example:
You make your shoot group 1, then its just for you to mass press button 1 + left click on zombies, you cant lose that way, and if you do, well...
Good Luck!

Level 9
you forgot to remove the target model thingy on carrion swarm, other than that it is good, maybe make it harder, it is very easy for me to kill all the zombies by myself, maybe make a system that detects how many players there are and set a difficulty based on # of players...
Other than that pretty good it was fun but got boring after a while because of lack of players, (i was playing this game by myself)
good luck with the project!!
-noob134
P.S.- use the berserk ability, you can use it while walking for attacking set the cooldown for each weapon and make a separate ability for each weapon each with a different cooldown.

Level 6
yeah i know what u mean with the shotgun xD. it's really cool. i like it too. is it too OPed? any suggestions on how i can nerf it?

Oh, that carrion swarm model, i don't know how to remove. I tried setting the Special to none but it stills shows up. any ideas on how to get rid of it?

ah, yes right now it's really easy. play a fh it's a lot more fun (with the mass of zombies :D) but in the future there will be 5 difficulties in all. right now this is either the 2nd or 3rd easiest mode.

oh, i already set a system according to the # of players. it changes depending on how many people join, and if people leave. try it for yourself and host it :D.

yay! im glad you had fun! yeah i recommend you playing it with a fh (and btw, put the infected to computers. they aren't meant to be played)

wait, i don't understand the use of the berserk ability. what is it for? attack while shooting? can i get some more info? thank you :D

Level 9
You can use the berserk ability for a dummy ability for firing, only problem is it doesnt play animations, but you can use it while walking if you could get someone to tell you how to trigger attack animation while moving its probably the best choice. I just wanted to let you know.

Level 6
ohh i see. so use berserk as a dummy spell, but use an invisible dummy unit to launch a projectile right? so it appears that i am shooting while moving? i was thinking about that, so i may try it later. thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.