• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Total Zombie Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Bored of zombie survivals wich doesn't have any difference between 2 matches? Don't think you can ever find a Zombie Survival game, which can show something NEW? Do you miss the REAL ZOMBIE SURVIVAL FEELING?

The solution is HERE!

Need Jass coder(s), a modeller and a maper to make the game better. (For the first release's check and for making it a lot better.)

Progress for 1st public (beta) release:
Models:β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ 100%
Terrain:β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ 90%
Trigger:β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ 70%
Units:-_β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ 40%

Total:β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ 75%

F.A.Q.:
-Why is it better than other Zombie Survivals?
-This map is not only about hiding in a glitchy spot nor getting your uber-zombie-killer-Big-F***ing-Gun. You need TEAMWORK in order to survive-thanks to the balanced classes.

-Classes?
-Yes, there are 7 classes in the game at the moment, every of them has it's specific abilityes-and none of them can survive alone. The classes are:
>>Builder-Not every man in the world can make a 5m high wall, but tell me if I'm wrong ;)
>>Soldier-Oh yes, the normal shoot-at-them-with-everything-you have class.
>>Sniper-A well trained sniper can easily take out a zombie-good for the big ones.
>>Demolitioner-Oh, my favourite. This class can't deal so big damage as the others, but it's good for big group of zombies.
>>Techinchian-The smart one. He can place turrets, or can make traps.
>>Barbarian-The typical melee class-big or fast melee weapons, good armor. But these warriors are not only skilled in fighting, but in hunting too-they can collect a lot more FOOD than the others.
>>Cook-Not as strong as the others, but can make some nice things with FOOD, so it will make you strong and decrase your hunger more.

-Wait... Food?
-You see, the idea came from the thing: how can you survive 2 weeks between zombies WITHOUT food, water and others like this? The main idea was to combine the Winter Survival type games and a Zombie Survival.

-That's all?
-The problem with ZS games is: Where did the weapons come from? I don't think there is a weapon every 2 meters on the ground... Getting weapons when the street is full of zombies is not that easy... So I made a specific weapon system-you have to make your own weapons. BUT making a shotgun is not as easy. You have to learn how to do it, so this map counts with a custom experience system.

-What types of weapon are there?
-Every class has a "techtree" which they must follow in order to get the weapon what they want. But it's not that hard to know which part of the tree leads to the point you want: E.g:
At the 3rd part the sniper can chose between an >Automatic high-range rifle<, a >Semi-automatic rifle< and a >Non-automatic rifle<. If you count the balance, it's not hard to calculate that the Automatic rifle will make less damage than the Non-automatic one. And the non-automatic will fire at longer range-but it won't be as good for multiple enemies as the automatic one ;)

-What about the materials?
-I use a multiboard system with variables to let you know how much materials do you have. Material cheat is impossible-the map ignores the normal materials.

-Is that all?
-No, but it'd take a lot of time to write all the things down ;) Just a short list: ammo system, bosses, day/night cycle, etc.

-When will be the first release?
-Short after I find a Jass coder, or in April if the project is not abandoned (not a real possibility)

Plans for later releases:
-New, bigger map!
-Multi-interactive city-use of items in building (pick up nearly everything usable)!
-New models!
-Longer weapon techtree!
-Save and loadable survivors!

Screenshots:
zombiemap.png

Last edited:
Level 15
I need a mapper because the terrain is not ready-it's done in the part of "what is where" but the design is not fully complete.(Although that'll be in the official full release.) I can upload how does it look like for the beta, but one of the areas is still missing (that's that 10%)

Level 15
The only real problem is, I had some1 who helped me, but I think he's gone... And now I have a half vJASS/half GUI script... It worked fine except it had some problems in multiplayer... Then I got this man, and now I can't continue without a VJASS coder or some1 who can convert it back to JASS and fix it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.