• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Assault Force (zaf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
if you like i could test it im working on a zombie survival map myself so i think i could be a good tester :p
It's fine for me, I will tell you when I know I'm going to test it and you can join if you are able. Btw I will make a video of one of the 12 player test games and upload it to youtube.
EDIT: Here is one more picture

Last edited:
Level 19
I will be testing ZAF 11.9-12.9 with 12 players starting at the moment 11.9 2 pm GMT +2 in bnet northrend server. If it is a bad time I might change the starting time but if I do so I will mention it before 6.9. I will make one zaf video from the testing and release the first version soon after. At the moment I might need a few more testers but I will know more accurately later on.

Level 2
Keep up the amazing work... All the way from America, fans are waiting for this map to be released. Keep up the great work. I was also wondering is it possible for some Us West/East to test the map. I want to try it so badly haha. I am a map maker myself, so maybe I will be inspired by stuff, which later makes me think and edit my own stuff... Well great job thus far, and you are doing AMAZIN!!!!

Level 19
How big is this MAP?
The file size is almost 8 Mb and the map size is 256x256 from which playable size is 236x236.
I was also wondering is it possible for some Us West/East to test the map.
I think it will be enough for me to just test it with a group for the first version. You don't have to wait long before I release the map after that so you can try it too soon.

Level 3
Hey! Can I ask you a favor?

By Putting in the F9 ( Quest )

Wall of MH :

( Name ) - ( Date Discovered ) ( Founder )

Like this people I found and I also put ( Wall of MH )
in my game.

List of People using MH / Map Hack :

jonah12 - 08/14/10 - Warpetzz123
rohanknight7 - 08/14/10 - Warpetzz123

List of People using FH / Flood Hack :

backspaced - 08/15/10 - Warpetzz123

Level 19
I don't know if all people start telling me names, I can't use them unless there is some real proof the people use hacks. Btw what is flood hack? It's possible to ban the usernames from the map that use hacks but I don't want to do that unless there is good proof and not sure what I do after that.

Level 2
Who cares lol, why would you ban someone, just let them be dumb, if it comes to a point they are ruining other peoples fun, like you get 12 notifications then you can warn him or probation... or even BAN ON UR BOTS!!

Level 19
On another note, when's the official release scheduled?
I'm hoping somewhere very soon after 12th of September, that is if the testing goes alright which I think should happen. After the testing I make one video first and when it is ready I upload both the map and the video. Making the video shouldn't take more than a few days.
Still here Jaakko if you need me. Haven't seen donkey in awhile =(
I think there will be a spot left so can you come play 11.9? I send donkey an email a few days ago and I'm waiting for a reply.

Level 2
Nice. May I suggest you upload the beta version for public testing before the release?

Like, one week before the official release, or something.

Level 19
where did you get that graffiti model? btw nice screen
Russian site?
Yes, from xgm.ru. I had asked them some time ago if they could make graffiti models, I don't know if he remembered that but I got useful models for the map.
If that's the test map, sure.
Well at the moment I'm still updating the map so uploading a test map would be an old version quite soon. It's not long before the first version and I think that is the easiest way for me.

Level 19
I'm changing the testing date to this Sunday from Saturday. So 12.9 2 pm GMT +2 on Northrend bnet with hopefully 12 players. Reply here if you can join and I pm you the chat channel where to come at that time. The requirement is that it will take at least a few hours for testing, most likely an hour for one game. As many games as possible should be played but not longer than about 6 hours unless people want to.

Level 19
Looks like most of the people who I thought would come haven't yet for some reason. If somebody wants to play now then pm me here.
EDIT: Ok the testing ended and I will play next weekend again.

Last edited:
Level 19
Aw you played so early in the morning i wanna test :D
I can pm you when I know that I will test next time.

I will be ready to release the game as soon as I can remove the main issue which is server splits aka disconnections during multiplayer game. This means I need a lot more testing until I have successfully gotten rid of this irritating problem.

Level 19
Well, it's almost September 19, will it be released according to schedule?
No because of this last problem I have.

I will be testing zaf today 6 pm +2 gmt on northrend server. If somebody has few hours at that time and can test the game then send me a pm here.
EDIT: The testings are finally over for today. As results almost everything seems to be working fine for release except that annoying dc bug which happened almost each game, I really need to find the source of this problem by taking a closer look at triggers.

Last edited:
Level 19
I will be testing zaf this Thursday 5 pm +2 gmt on Northrend bnet. Anybody who wants to test is free to come.
EDIT: The testing is over and good news looks like the dc bug is gone, I still want a few more games to verify this tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to upload the map soon after this weekend.

Last edited:
Level 19
I'm currently making the resources credits list. I still have three small things to check and I stumbled upon a few models that I will test. I'm adding one more item that gives vision of an area and it's a flare. These changes should be done today and then I will test tonight. I can't say yet when I'm uploading the map but it should be latest next weekend because I might want to test tomorrow too and then I was supposed to make a youtube video of one of the replays.

Level 19
v1.02 will include bug fixes and a few new things, for example this new coolant reactor that will be part of a mission/event.

EDIT: I don't know yet when v1.02 is ready but I will need a week or two at least.

Last edited:
Level 19
This looks great on multiplayer already, any intention of creating a single player map about this too, in order to add a lot more content?

Level 19
This looks great on multiplayer already, any intention of creating a single player map about this too, in order to add a lot more content?
I don't think I will since I guess multiplayer is more popular than single player. I'm adding more content to the multiplayer and I'll have the next version soon done. I think almost anything can be still added to the map except files that take much space. So there might not be many new models anymore unless I remove music or loading screen but my intention is to add more content with missions and other things.

Level 19
ZAF v1.03 Download
Changelog:
-Added a new game mode, Survival
-Added 3 new secondary missions
-Added a new zombie, Beholder
-Added a new zombie, Roamer
-Added a new item, Riot Shield
-Added a new item, Crowbar
-Armsdealer starts with Crowbar
-Added a new item, Helmet
-Added Supply Crates around the map