• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Zombie Assault Force Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm sure alot of you are familiar with Jaakko's Zombie Assault Force (ZAF) map.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/zombie-assault-force-v1-03-a-179922/

(For anyone that isn't)
If you are you're probably also aware that he stopped working on it and vanished about 4 years ago, leaving it fairly complete but not fully complete.

Recently I attempted to open it to see if I could work on it, after many failed attempts at contacting him. Unfortunately, the map is pretty heavily protected, and with his radio silence I'm unable to get an unprotected copy.
Also my knowledge of deprotecting is extremely non-existent.

Is their anyone who could give me a hand with that, Or possibly provide an unprotected copy/contact Jaakko?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Requests for fixing purposely broken maps is not allowed on HiveWorkshop as far as I am aware.

In any case you can extract various parts of the map using MPQEdit. Some editor only files have probably been deleted which you will need to replace functionally somehow. You will also need a good understanding of JASS to continue working on the map as the triggers are highly likely to end up as obfuscated JASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.