1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zombie Assault Force v1.03

Submitted by Jaakko
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Changelog
v1.03
-Added a new game mode, Survival
-Added 3 new secondary missions
-Added a new zombie, Beholder
-Added a new zombie, Roamer
-Added a new item, Riot Shield
-Added a new item, Crowbar
-Armsdealer starts with Crowbar
-Added a new item, Helmet
-Added Supply Crates around the map
-Added a new selection circle
-Added few new "secrets"
-Added a hp upgrade for bus in garage
-Added an ability for weapon swapping
-Added command -cam2 for higher view
-Hospitals can now cure infections
-Chainsaw shop changed to farm
-Fixed bugs

v1.02c
-All medics have now a medikit backpack
-Zombies have a new unit, an underground tunnel
-Added a new city event
-Scientist purify ability gives more mana at low levels
-Fixed bugs
v1.02b
-Fixed a few bugs
v1.02
-Added a new zombie, mutated hound
-Added automatic reload
-Added a command
-m that shows locations of allied mines
-Added a command
-music that turns all music off/on
-Added Nano Vest
-Added Fireproof Vest
-Added a new item, Laptop
-Added a new item, Alcohol
-Added coolant reactor event
-Added new secondary mission
-More blood
-Fixed scientist's turret bug
-Fixed a bug with entangling roots
-Fixed boss bugs
-Map visibility prevented
-Havoc hp increased
-Helicopter ammo capacity increased from 60 to 70
-Removed a few memory leaks
-Painkiller has custom buff
-Machine gun reloads faster when proning
-Increased sniper rifle clip size from 5 to 8
-Reduced flamethrower and acidthrower damage by 1
-Updated credits list
-Fixed a tentacle bug
-Fixed a power plant bug
-Fixed a small mine bug
-Fixed a vehicle bug
-Fixed pioneer repair bug
-Fixed a helicopter bug
-Fixed a disconnection bug with havoc
-Fixed a backpack bug
-Fixed a shop bug
-Fixed a havoc spawn bug
-Reduced Enlist Farmers and Kleptomaniac chance by 6%
-Fixed a bug with mines
-Medal gives 3 farmers instead of 4
-Removed minigun from medals
-Updated weapon skill system
-Fixed Scientist weapon bugs
-Freak zombie stun duration increased against normal units by 2 seconds
-Fixed item shop bugs
-Mines can now be placed next to barricades
-Time for base reveal depends now on the amount of players in pvp
-Water plant purifies now one more water radiation point
-Sas Marine can't use flamethrowers anymore
v1.01
-fixed a big item bug
-codes from v1.00 are no longer usable because of the item bug
-power plant mission bug fixed
-fixed a bug with vehicles
-landmine activation time increased to 4 seconds from 2, added a special effect
-players can now enter the same vehicle with steal vehicle ability
-credits list updated
Important
A host bot called jk2pach-host4 hosts zaf on all realms 24/7, add jk2pach-host4 as a friend on BattleNet.
All codes from v1.02 and beyond work.
Join ZAF on Facebook and read the latest news and discussions!
If you find bugs or got some feedback/ideas let me know. Due to the 8 Mb limit I had to reduce the quality of sound files.
ZAF is a highly developed 12 player online modern zombie survival game. Three official ZAF songs: Night Tension Song, Combat Song and Action Song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcREFrrA7k&feature=channel_page&fmt=22 Watch in HD
Screenshots
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
Modes (3)
12 vs Zombies (Story Mode)
6 vs 6 - Marines Destroy Enemy Base
12 vs One Huge Zombie
Coming Later - 6 vs 6 Marines vs Zombies
Classes (9)
Armsdealer, Demolitions, Detachment Commander, Field Operations, Forward Observer, Medic, Pioneer, Sas Marine, Scientist
Classes Info
Each class has five unique abilities, the players have to work as a team if they are to survive. The level cap is 50 and there is a save/load system to load your hero's experience from older games.
Armsdealer - Provides the team with ammunition.
Demolitions - Master of explosive skills.
Detachment Commander - A class specialized in commanding troops.
Field Operations - Scouter with radio skill to call for ground forces.
Forward Observer - Best class for scouting. Can call air support and uses flares.
Medic - Heals and revives fallen players. Cures infections and broken legs/arms.
Pioneer - Builds barricades and turrets for defence. Can also repair mechanical units.
Sas Marine - The basic soldier of ZAF for beginners.
Scientist - Has the most devastating weapon in the game, Ion Cannon. Can also build a mannable big gun turret and a radar that detects zombies.
[​IMG]
Weapons (15)
Carbine, Chainsaw, Combat Knife, Flamethrower, Grenade, Heavy Support Rifle, Machine Gun, Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Semi Machine Gun, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Super Shotgun, Uzi, Acidthower
Weapons Info
All weapons are attached to the player when picked up. Combat Knife can be used when the player has no weapons. All weapons are unique. For example shotgun has splash but low range and sniper has the highest attack range. All weapons slow the player's movement speed when carried. Weapons have different bullets. Each player can carry one weapon in hand and one weapon on back at a time. Backpack and vehicles can hold several weapons.
Systems
Radiation, Save/Load, Day/Night Cycle, Rage, Electronics & Metal, Random Events, Medals of Honour, Accuracy
Vehicles (2)
Jeep, Bus (Tank Later)
Resources
Models - Talon the Mage, Klarnetist, WebSter, Punisher_x, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, oGre_, General Frank, TotallyAwesome, oBs3rv3r, BlackSebastian, JetFangInferno, Illidan(Evil)X, Rao Dao Zao, Fluff, sc_freek, Nasrudin, Daelin, Vuormalainen, Dionesiist, chilla_killa, epsilon, Pyramidhe@d, Teaspoon, PeeKay, War_Golum, tee.dubs, HappyCockroach, HappyTauren, Kitabatake, RED BARON, Ergius, Thrikodius, Kofi_Banan, Goldwolf, SantoRayo[iP], Tranquil, Devine, IronMaiden, Frictional Games, WindexIsBack, Ribenamania, supertoinkz, nikikin, Debode

Textures/Icons - Zombie, Born²Modificate, The_Silent, Denu, ana, Saikann, halo, darkdeathknight, Ammorth, Illidan(Evil)X, Immoralis, Juan_Ann, NFWar, inhuman89, graystuff111, General Frank, HappyTauren, Muoteck, Riley, ChirusHighwind, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, ChevronSeven, Domokun, SantoRayo[iP], Huinipachutli, Muoteck, kola, -Stygian-, Ampharos_222, MortAr, Coinblin, GhostThruster, chilla_killa, M0rbid

Systems/Spells - Waldbaer, Paladon, D1000, StaberFire

Pictures (www.deviantart.com) - adonihs "WWZ - The Battle of Yonkers", Rub-a-Duckie "Grrr...Zombiesz"

Music (www.newgrounds.com/audio) - Denny Schneidemesser (Danman87) "With Gun & Crucifix", Thomas (silencefreedom) "Await", ParagonX9 "The Encounter ( MGS Style )"

Sounds - Unreal Tournament, sound websites

Websites - www.hiveworkshop.com www.wc3c.net www.xgm.ru If I forgot to add somebody to the credits then contact me.

Keywords:
ZAF Zombie Assault Force Modern Survival Horror Marine 12 Players Online Bnet War Mission Helicopter Jeep Bridge Mutation Infection Defense !Epic!
Contents

Zombie Assault Force v1.03 (Map)

1. Usedwell

Usedwell

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Definitely the greatest survival to date. Can't wait for updates, keep it up!

2. neitronus

neitronus

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about new weaponz and shooting from venichle?

3. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There will be new weapons at some point. A lightning gun might be a cool weapon. Shooting from vehicle might be a little hard to accomplish and also it sounds a little bit overpowered but there will be a tank later that can shoot.

4. night...fade

night...fade

Resources:
    Resources:
    but, shooting from a vehicle would be well... the best thing xD, running from havoc in a jeep with a sniper O_O or maybe a buss with many Uzis, machine guns and sub-machine guns!
    And you can use the phoenix fire ability for the shooting from a vehicle, I mean something like this begins to be transported, then the condition analyzes the unit and adds a ability to the vehicle. The only problem would be that the phoenix fire ability only shots at random units with in range. Also you could make that you can make that you can garrison buildings, I mean get inside and that pionner can repair them but when buildings are in 20% you have to get out of them otherwise they colapse.

+1 for shooting from a vehicle

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  5. Warcrafti

Warcrafti

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you tell me why every time i pick a hero it return to warcraft menu?
    :vw_wtf:
    :ogre_frown:

6. jk2pach

jk2pach

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If needed, Jaakko, in RC601 people can fire and uses skills from vehicles. Come on my website to get the trigger file.

Ofc it's a cargo slot simulation, it's basically impossible to use the annoying-bugged w3 cargo slot native system.

7. Team Phantom

Team Phantom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good Job..

8. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    100 % .... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD ....... :goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah: ...... ...:ogre_icwydt: .... NICE ..... NICE .... NICE .... NICE ........ COOOOOOOOOOLLLL :vw_death::vw_death::vw_death::vw_death:

9. malatron

malatron

Resources:
    Resources:
    You don't deserve 5/5. You deserves 10/5 :D
    Awsome map man, great job.
    *EDIT*
    PERFECT JOB \o/

10. jk2pach

jk2pach

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    jk2pach-host4 will host now Zombie Assault Force

11. TheJP3372

TheJP3372

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is great! IT is almost Finishable in singleplayer except for when The City or army base gets destroyed a Giant Zombie Comes and kills me o_0

12. Zombie survivalist

Zombie survivalist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmmmm lets try it out!

That is the boss ofcorse

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  13. Light

Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    is it normal that sometimes in singleplayer you automatically return to the choosing games screen or is it a bug?

14. Jaakko

Jaakko

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have never heard of this, any idea how it might have happened?

15. Light

Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, im just playing around and i automatically return to custom game screen

16. Illidan_Hunter

Illidan_Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Best zombie survival map ever made.

17. terranmarine99

terranmarine99

Resources:
    Resources:
    i got something important news you can play single player this version ZAF v1.00 and v1.01 and not available v1.02 and v1.03 O_O WTF!

18. terranmarine99

terranmarine99

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha funny players in garena playing ZAF v1.03 someone sacrifice himself havoc following us in army headquarters hes got fuel and he build in front no guards he just sacrifice himself he shoot the fuel but havoc still not die and he just sacrifice himself.

19. hesoyam123

hesoyam123

Resources:
    Resources:
    does anyone know how to play warcraft 3 maps with friends?

20. Jake Command Wolf

Jake Command Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've played this and I must say its a nice step up from a lot of the obvious flaws inherent with other zombie survivals like Restricted Complex. I like the reloading system used, where both ammo and the weapon appear as items clicking the ammo reloads the weapon, clicking the weapon unloads any ammo, simple but effective.

There are a handful of things that do need major revision though;

Overhaul Scientist

The scientist is in need of a lot of revision in my opinion, although he has the highest total energy but has no regeneration and is forced to use one his skills to acquire (a pitifully small) amount by purifying corpses.

Also his Big Turret has too many requirements to used effectively;

5 Metal
    680 Energy
    120 Second Build Time
    Uses Pistol Ammo

I would personally lower the energy cost, half the build time, and remove the requirement for ammo, and if need be nerf the turret just a little to compensate.

The turrets model is not a good choice either, since Domokun’s Sentrygun doesn’t look as good when scaled up, Kofi_Banan’s Vulcan or olofmoleman’s Hoth Blaster would look better.

His purify skill could also use an overhaul, since it’s a pain the ass to use it to generate energy since he can only do it on one corpse every 2-3 seconds, even autocast its a serious pain to use.

I would instead increase the cooldown to something like 15 seconds and make it an AOE skill (like flame strike) to where the Scientist would highlight and area and all corpses win the area would be purified at once, this would make the skill a lot better and easier to use overall.

Skills don’t level well

The skills in ZAF start out pretty good but they don’t level very well at all. To a noobie player putting more then one point in any one skill feels like a waste since you get next to nothing for your hard won skill point.

Increasing what you get for adding more than one point to a skill would both making the game easier and more enjoyable to use the skills.

Zombies become too strong too fast

At 0-2 radiation the infected are easy to kill during the day and harder at night, but manageable if you hunker down with some allies at a choke point. But when the radiation increases to 4-7 all of a sudden there are super jumping bloodhounds and felbeasts more or less raping everyone they come across, even high level players.

This should nerfed a lot, the zombies need to “rank up” a lot slower to make the game funnier to play, also it should be easier to reduce radiation levels, since it take forever to cross the map to get to the purification plant.

Boss Zombies are too Uber

I have played more then my fair share of zombie killer / survival horrors, and I more than understand the concept that boss zombies are suppose to be tough to force the team to work together to kill it, but that being said, the boss zombies are way to tough and do way to much damage, they need to be nerfed to about 1/3 of there current strength to make them tough to kill, but fair.

Days are too short, Nights are too long

I like the concept quite a lot of the zombies becoming both more numerous and much stronger at night but the days are to short and the nights to long and it makes it hard to hold them off more than 10 minutes into the game.

Most times the days are so short not even 10 seconds after stepping out of a stronghold to scavenge its already nighttime again and you’re caught with you pants down trying to find ammo and parts.

I would personally double the length of days and half the length of nights so that its actually possible to wander more than an inch or to from a stronghold to scavenge for parts, weapons and ammo.

Remove rage costs for extra abilities

I get why you added the rage resource, so that people wouldn’t abuse skills like sprint (like people often do in Restricted Complex) but it’s a pain the ass having to switch multiboards just to see how much rage you have.

It would be much easier to just add cooldowns and / or minor energy costs to the skills in stead, I would vote for just cooldowns personally.

Marines move way to slow

Player characters move a little too slow for my tastes, I understand slowing people down so its harder to run but all characters should be able to move at least at normal speed, also the speed penalties for using the heavy vest and carrying a weapon are a little to harsh, they could be lowered and / or removed.

Miscellaneous

Cancel Button doesn’t work

I start scavenging a car or building, a zombie starts to attack me, I mash the cancel button to get out of the scavenge, nothing happens, zombie kills me.

Purify Scientist skill icon needs autocast brackets

Simple and easy to add with a program like Button Manager. Since it’s a Blizzard icon they won’t care if it’s modified. And this is needed since the brackets are the only way to tell at a glance if a skill can be autocast.

Shotgun damage delay

When using the shotgun there is a noticable lag between shooting and the zombies being damaged, not sure if this is intentional or not but the lag should be reduced.

These are most of the things I have noticed so far, I'm sure theres more and I'll post those as I find them.

Overall I really like this map, has a certain addictiveness to the gameplay, which makes it a lot of fun.

Looking forward to new versions. :grin:

Regards,

Jake