• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your top 3 games? (survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
2. Black & White - A new and original concept in almost every way, i found it very much enjoyable with the mix of puzzles, battles and just being a god. The only thing that pisses me off about the game however are all the bugs, first time playing i got stuck on world 3 because i put the wolves on fire and they ran into the buildings and killed everyone. It might just be me with a sense of nostalgia, but i find this to be the most fun game ever.

Ahh... Black & White. I agree with you on every point. I so remember world 3 and how I was stuck on it for ages(at least felt like). The wolf thing happend to me too, except that I had like 2-3 survivors left. :p

Have you played B&W 2? For me, it was a huge disappointment. Why?
Because first of all, the game was too F***ING easy!
Secondly, you didn't have to impress on villages, just build one big ass town so that every single village came to you instead.
And thirdly, I missed all the fun and awesome spells you had in B&W. :'(

Level 24
Have you played B&W 2? For me, it was a huge disappointment. Why?
Because first of all, the game was too F***ING easy!
Secondly, you didn't have to impress on villages, just build one big ass town so that every single village came to you instead.
And thirdly, I missed all the fun and awesome spells you had in B&W. :'(
I also think they changed the gameplay style too much in B&W2, it was more of a boring strategy game then a fun puzzle/sim/adventure/action (or whatever genre you define it as O_<) game. When i tried it i really felt left out with the small amount of puzzles there were. Also no more super explosion miracles :'(. Hell i even managed to teach it 4% to my creature xD.

Level 9
Based on the amount of time I spend on them, and how much fun I had playing them:

1)Warcraft 3, I don't think there will ever be a game with so much diversity
2)Final Fantasy 8: my favourite of the final fantasy series, even tho I never got to play 7
3) Dungeon Keeper: Best childhood game I had, I must have finished it atleast a 100 times. Also DK>DK2

Level 10
Halo 3 came out at an inopportune time, right about when everyone was getting burnt out on the series - Halo 2 was fun for about 2 years, Halo 3 got old after a couple months. If they continued on to make Halo 4 shortly afterward instead of changing it up with Halo Wars and ODST I don't think it really be that much good since you can only resell the same package so many times.

Meh, your opinion...
I love Halo 3, the Forge makes it so much more fun...

Level 10
1. Assassin's Creed
Gameplay gets repetitive after, say, 50% of the game, but it's far from boring as some people would like to think of it. You just change styles. For one mission you can be a deadly shadow, while for another mission you can go mass-murderer. The parkour feats Altair is capable of make all that much pleasant and the graphics are just killer. Looking forward to the PC version of Assassin's Creed!

2. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Great story, great gameplay, killer combos, excellent atmosphere and the main character just rocks. Some people dislike the Prince being darker compared to Sands of Time, but I think it gives the character more depth. It shows he is capable of more than being just a naive, gullible and adventurous kid. It shows his more mature side. And the soundtrack is just killer!

3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Vampire Bloodlines isn't just a FPS/RPG hybrid. It's a unique blend of styles ranging from RPG, survival horror and tactical detective-like games to FPS and hack'n'slash. The atmosphere is great. Being a vampire in the streets of Los Angeles at night rocks. Plus, the story is great, featuring 5 different endings, each of them pretty surprising, lulz.

Level 7
1. World of Warcraft (Before the expansions)

2. Starfox Adventures

3. Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

Fourth would probably be Diablo II :thumbs_up:

Level 7
My Top 3 Games

My Favorite Games

1 - Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2 (OBVIOUSLY)
2 - inFamous
3 - Band Hero

Recommend Games to Get

1 - Cod 6 MW2
2 - inFamous
3 - Band Hero
4 - Resistance 2
5 - Oblivion GOTY (PC, for mods)
6 - Sacred 2 Fallen Angel + Ice and Blood
7 - Age of Empires III
8 - Fallout 3
9 - Grand Theft Auto: IV + Ballad of Gay Tony + Lost & The Damned
10 - Assassin's Creed II
11 - Battlefield: Bad Company
12 - Red Faction: Guerrilla

L4D and L4D2 I think are both crap games. The most repetitive games ever, once you finish those 4/5/6 levels that you bought for $120, there's nothing left to do in the game except for repeating the levels, which is booorrinng :slp: :slp:

I think most of valve's games are crap, I don't know why everyone likes counter strike as well, it really sucks. You can't even aim properly with most guns.. The voice acting is HORRIBLE as well. For FPS Games, Cod 4/6 and Resistance 2 ALL THE WAY :mwahaha:!

Level 27
L4D and L4D2 I think are both crap games. The most repetitive games ever, once you finish those 4/5/6 levels that you bought for $120, there's nothing left to do in the game except for repeating the levels, which is booorrinng :slp: :slp:

I think most of valve's games are crap, I don't know why everyone likes counter strike as well, it really sucks. You can't even aim properly with most guns.. The voice acting is HORRIBLE as well. For FPS Games, Cod 4/6 and Resistance 2 ALL THE WAY :mwahaha:!

*Grabs his crowbar* take you words back! Nao!

Seriously..... Band Hero is a misnomer - its just Guitar Hero with all the songs that you'd actually want to play on guitar replaced with terrible pop songs

And they didn't has any Scorpions songs... :cry:
Its just a try to earn money from someone's else succsesful idea.

Prototype is much better, imo.

Once again, idea stolen for money.

Level 26
Protip: The fun is from playing it with other people.
I think most of valve's games are crap
The Orange Box. Q.E.D.
I don't know why everyone likes counter strike as well, it really sucks. You can't even aim properly with most guns.. The voice acting is HORRIBLE as well.
True. Its fame is baffling. Like just about 90% of all other first-person shooters.

Level 3
1. Unreal Tournament 2k4 - pro player
2. Unreal 99 GOTY - only for fun
3. Warcraft 3: TFT - mapmaker
4. Braid - for fun
5. Doom 2 - holy shit game. gzdoom/skulltag + 1.9 patch & go!
6. Devil May Cry 4 (Difficulity: Heaven and Hell) - holy fuck action
7. Counter-Strike - don't know...
8. Unreal 2 - =O

Last edited:
Level 4
1. X-Blades - Sexiest heroine ever, fast action, just too short.
2. Arkham Asylum - I mean, teh battle system is teh OWNAGE!
3. Prototype - Most badass game in the world.
Honorable mentions:
1. Capcom's games from 2009 - All of them were perfect, however Bionic Commando dissapointed me a little bit.
2. Ocular Ink - The most original game in the world. Putting bunch of random things into one action game.
3. Manhunt - After watching Higurashi, this game is like a cold beer in middle of the summer.

Level 14
Updateee

1. Team Fortress 2 - It never gets boring or tiring.
2. Cave Story - Nice graphics, swesome gameplay and a pretty good story. Huzzah! EDIT: Oh, the music is awesome too. EDIT2: Forgot to mention, it's FREE.
3. Audiosurf - Because its epic.

Last edited:
Level 7
Why do you mention the new games ONLY?
To me:
1.PLOK! (For being my first played game Ever(It surely deserves the 1. spot))
2.MDK2 (For being my first PC game)
3.War3 The World Editor
4.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
5.Super Castlevania IV

why five? Well, 'cuz I love to go 2 steps beyond..
why old? Cuz I hate the new games! I HATE TOO-GREAT GRAPHICS (Of course it is a needed factor)... The Game-companies forgot about great story, only have eyes for the damn graphics... KEEP IT SIMPLE, but at the same time COMPLEX! THE GAMEPLAY IS THE THING THAT COUNTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.