• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your top 3 games? (survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there everyone!

I've been recently doing some analyzing on games and decided to post my little question for you all, and gather the answers and do a little analysis on the status of today's popular games.

My question would be, could you list your top 3 favorite games that you play/played so far? And possibly, a word or two of why are these 3 your favorites?

Feel free to post a game that was already mentioned. It will just help me analyse the game more and would mean it's a game that more of you liked.

:)

Thanks for your cooperation guys ^^

Level 25
Well first 3 top games for me would be:

Devil may cry 3 special eddition
reason: adrenaline game, lots of gore, nice action packed in a nice wrap which is just great when you got nothing more to do and just wanna relax or slash a few hundred demons.

Warcraft 3
reason: modding, this game has the best modding abilities i found so far and i just love it for that. Besides that it has a great lore in the campaign and a highly active comunity.

Bioshock/Diablo 2
i can't decide which of these two i like more, diablo 2 is classic but bioshock has some great atmosphere and good graphics/gameplay. I can't decide which one i like more so i put them both, both are fine games and if i had to pick only 3 top games one of these 2 would be in them.
separate reasons:
diablo 2: blizz's product, great execution, classic and the one and only hack&slash game that is worth. The amount of things it has and the details that are in it are just amazing. Surely the finest hack&slash game i played, i enjoyed the story, the gameplay and the darkish atmosphere.
bioshock 3: a fun game in it's best package. Not a classical FPS it offers a RPG twist, a multiple choice system packed with good atmosphere, original level design, original ideas and a fine implementation of tactics, RPG skills and FPS makes this game ideal for any RPG/FPS sci-fi player by my opinion.

Hope this is what you wanted to hear, if you meant Ubisoft only games then i would have to say Prince of Persia and Herose Of Might and Magic are fine games.

Level 9
well first game will be
1: Command & Conquer
2: Half life 2
3: Warcraft II

1: Command & Conquer (1) because tough its very old and limited, its still fun to play and actually has enough of units. And it just never bores me. :p

2: Half life 2 because I really like the gameplay and the story line. I think I like the story the most

3: Warcraft II because it was the first game I could not stop playing. (well actually Warcraft I) but after that Wacrcraft II came. And it was, well a bit faster. And I liked that story line and the sounds were cool. xD

Level 34
1. Might and Magic IX:
For being the first game that I ever played (on PC). I know, old game from and old company, that no longer exists, bad graphics and lot of bugs and glitches... but! To me, it has a good gameplay and excellent story (especially at the end). If that game was remade with modern technology and game-making abilities... this would be the best game (for me :p)!

2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
For those who have played it, they know I don't need to say anything... the game is just simply amazing, and it's a game from my childhood.

3. Knights & Merchant (with Peasant's Rebellion):
The best RTS game, ever. I just love how the economy works there and how realistic that game actually is. It's also one of the first games I've ever played.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm not really that much of a gamer, meaning I play a lot, but I don't play a lot of different games, though what I play is because it's great. Therefore I'll base this pretty much on time-consumption.

1. Tibia (MMORPG)
I started out playing this back in 2000, yes.. 10 years ago. Basically all of my friends played it, and it was free to download and free to play. It was my first experience with MMOs, I got hooked right away. I played quite intensely the first year, after which a lot of my friends quit and with them I did as well. Though I started back up in 2003 and played on a different world and made a bunch of new friends, amongst others a particularly high amount of Dutch players. After that rush in 2003 I've played it on and off ever since, on a few different servers, but the one I started on in 2003 is still my main server.

Why is Tibia great? The community is important in the game, and thus the chat is a very prominent feature - you cast spells using the chat, you communicate with NPCs using the chat and you communicate with players - there's a lot of different channels as well, like Trade channel, help channel, Guild-Chat, Game-Chat and Personal Messages. The thing is, it's not some tiny transparent text in a corner of your screen, it's a tabbed pane with text on. Furthermore Tibia has no limits; you can reach whatever level you want, train your weaponry skills as high as you want and develop your magic level to new heights. It's 2D, made in 1998 and still going strong. best damn MMORPG out there.

2. Final Fantasy (RPG Series)

I have admittedly not played them all, but I liked every single one that I have played. I am also confident I will enjoy every future instalment of the series.

A great, long story, combined with interesting characters and sub-plots. The combat system is changing from game to game, but it's always enjoyable.
Most people have heard of Final Fantasy, so I won't be adding more details about it.

Final Fantasy XII is probably my favourite thus far though. Even if it was the one I spent the least time on (roughly 100 hours), I liked the characters and the world, but particularly the freedom compared to former games. There was a lot of more quests I could embark on at the time where I finished, but I just rushed into the final boss and defeated him, so I took a break and for some reason haven't picked it back up. Worth mentioning is that Final Fantasy 7 holds the grandest world with the most interesting characters. I mean.. Caith Sith.. HELLOOO?

3. Icewind Dale (RPG Original, Heart of Winter and Sequel)
Unlike the others, the third place was more of a challenge, as there's a lot of awesome games that I've played a lot that deserve this place as well, but Icewind Dale just comes out on top. Why? Well, it's a great old game with an intriguing storyline and I always enjoyed making my own characters. The world is simply charming, and a lot of the NPCs are really peculiar, and that adds a lot to the believability of the plot.

Honourable mentions: Morrowind, Mass Effect, Unreal Tournament, Starcraft, Command & Conquer : Red Alert, Transport Tycoon, Rise of Nations, Soul Calibur, Burnout, Warcraft, Two Worlds, Knights of the Old Republic and Heroes of Might and Magic.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

1) Tales of Vesparia (xbox 360, storyline was great, same with cut scenes, and the graphic's were good)
2) Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (It was fun seeing the Disney characters)
3) .hack//G.U. 1,2, & 3 (loved the anime love the games)

Level 5
-Gothic I (best single-player RPG I've ever played, beats morrowind, baldur's gate and co. by far).

-Age of Empires 2 (played that for ages and loved it).

-can't really decide what the third one would be-probably Gothic II and its addon for being the second best RPG I've ever played :grin:

Level 16
1 - Planescape: Torment
- One immense hell of a storyline set in the D&D world. For those who have played this game, I'll also recommend similar-styled games like Baldur's Gate (I & II) and Icewind Dale (I & II)

2 - Starcraft & Warcraft III
- The Campaign Editor and World Editor they respectively bring has opened my eyes as to what a game can achieve far beyond its original package.

3 - Diablo II
- A little kid's hack and slash fantasy. Also terribly addictive. I remembered going to school and talking with my friends about nothing other than our diablo 2 characters for many, many weeks /:

Level 20
1. Earthbound and Mother 3
Both of these games were amazing and similar, so I threw them in the #1 spot. The only games I've played which have managed to perfectly combine everything I've ever wanted in a game: adventure, thrill, challenge, humour, seriousness and emotion, to say the least. It's amazing how a plot revolving around evil pigs from the future can have a serious aspect, but it's indeed there. I'd suggest both of these games to anyone. And if you don't like them, then you're fucking gay.

2. Fallouts 1 and 2.
These games are great, and they have a certain touch which isn't present in the 3rd installment. From bloody, dark humour, to immersive adventure, to tons of gaming time, Fallouts 1 and 2 are awesome and I'd still pick these as gems today.

3. Warcraft III
Well shit, I've been playing and modding this game for long enough.

Level 8
1. Tibia (MMORPG)
I started out playing this back in 2000, yes.. 10 years ago. Basically all of my friends played it, and it was free to download and free to play. It was my first experience with MMOs, I got hooked right away. I played quite intensely the first year, after which a lot of my friends quit and with them I did as well. Though I started back up in 2003 and played on a different world and made a bunch of new friends, amongst others a particularly high amount of Dutch players. After that rush in 2003 I've played it on and off ever since, on a few different servers, but the one I started on in 2003 is still my main server.

Why is Tibia great? The community is important in the game, and thus the chat is a very prominent feature - you cast spells using the chat, you communicate with NPCs using the chat and you communicate with players - there's a lot of different channels as well, like Trade channel, help channel, Guild-Chat, Game-Chat and Personal Messages. The thing is, it's not some tiny transparent text in a corner of your screen, it's a tabbed pane with text on. Furthermore Tibia has no limits; you can reach whatever level you want, train your weaponry skills as high as you want and develop your magic level to new heights. It's 2D, made in 1998 and still going strong. best damn MMORPG out there.
Damn Right! tough it's not on my top 3 it's on my top 5 xD on nr: 4

Level 13
Multiplayer:
1. WoW
2. WC3
3. Halo (Yeah, I only played 3 multiplayer compatible games, so...)

Single player:
1. Final Fantasy XII
2. The Legend of Zelda: (the) Wind Waker
3. Darksiders

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Multiplayer:
1. WoW
2. WC3
3. Halo (Yeah, I only played 3 multiplayer compatible games, so...)

Single player:
1. Final Fantasy XII
2. The Legend of Zelda: (the) Wind Waker
3. Darksiders

I've been considering getting Darksiders, is it really great or have you just listed it because of a lack of options? :D

Level 13
I've been considering getting Darksiders, is it really great or have you just listed it because of a lack of options? :D

I've played craploads of single player games.

Darksiders has good combat and good puzzle-solving. It has better combat than Wind Waker and worse puzzle solving though, and I like puzzle solving better :p

Level 13
1. Dragon Age: Origins or Oblivion

I gotta say I love both of 'em so damn much :p Dragon Age is just that kind of gaming experience that I can only say... wow...
And Oblivion was actually first game what made me to say "Oh my god, these graphics are pure awesomeness" and it got so damn many good mods and things that can make my gaming experience whatever i want.

2. Warcraft 3 - Frozen Throne
Is just damn funny game. Melee with friends is pure win. And modding is simple and fun ^^ Editor > Game itself

3. World of Warcraft
It's just addicting and good game to play with friends. I played it nearly 4 years and it's pretty much boring atm. But I can't say it's bad game. I just have played it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.