• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your top 3 games? (survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Haha, well now...

Halo 3 > Everyone says it's lame and old and Modern Warfare is better (lie) but I still love it, especially Bungie!

Half Life Series > OMG I LOVE KILLING ZOMBIES AND STUFFS!!!!1!!!1111111

Warcraft 3 > The community is great, the games are great, the fun never dies. OMG I CAN BUILD STUFF WITH W.E.??????????? :3

(These games are in no specific order).

top3? its so hard to choose..

1. Every RPG made by Square Enix that I already played (Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, Kingdom Hearts)
2. Warcraft III
3. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (I still haven't played TES 4: Oblivion) or NeverWinter Nights 2

1. Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne
2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
3. Final Fantasy(can't recall which one - the one with Vincent Valentine, for PS2)

that is Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

Level 25
Hmmm

1-Heroes of Might and magic 3 Gold Edition (turn based game) (I started playing it in 1998 and still play it today)
2- Disciples 2 (turn based game)
3-Majesty: The fantasy stimulation Kingdom Gold Edition
others : Black and White 1, Krash Kill and Destroy 2, Half Life/Half Life 2 + Mods, Bioshock, GTA2, C&C: Redalert 1 and 2, C&C Generals Zero Hour.

and the best of all and one of the games I want to finish over and over:
"The Curse Of Monkey Island" also known as Monkey island 3

Halo 3 > Everyone says it's lame and old and Modern Warfare is better (lie) but I still love it, especially Bungie!

Halo 3 came out at an inopportune time, right about when everyone was getting burnt out on the series - Halo 2 was fun for about 2 years, Halo 3 got old after a couple months. If they continued on to make Halo 4 shortly afterward instead of changing it up with Halo Wars and ODST I don't think it really be that much good since you can only resell the same package so many times.

Level 9
1. Future Cop L.A.P.D
The best game ever. You control a police robot that carries quite a lot of firepower.
Single Player mode is massive slaughter and quite a lot of thinking during the later levels.
Multiplayer is pretty much everything I ever wanted from a game in that era.
You got one base with a shitload of towers around it.
Your goal is to get one of your tanks into the other persons base. To do so you may buy outposts, better aircrafts or tanks.

2. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Gold Edition (turn based game) (I started playing it in 1998 and still play it today)

3. Neverwinter Nights 1 or Metal Fatigue

Level 6
1. Command -&- Conquer series (Excluding recent titles, starting with Generals)
Conquerfront.jpg
redalert9ri.jpg
cnc_history_3.jpg
red_alert2-wall2.jpg

2. Super Mario (Brothers 1,3; World 1,2)
Super_mario_bross_01.png
supermariobros3_nesboxboxart_160w.jpg
smw.png
Super-Mario-World-2-Yoshi-s-Island-1.jpg

3. Warcraft III
What, you want pictures of this game on this site?

Level 9
1. Warcraft 3 - No contest for me, without a doubt this tops the list in my mind, its just a game I can't stop coming back to after years and years, the editor is to blame for this... Damn your usefulness editor!!!
2. FF7 - First turn based RPG I ever played and loved, the story, the characters, and the cussing (replaced with !$#@% ofcourse) as well as the Materia system, a great game.
3. Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Simulator, although not as much content as Majesty 1, the game is very unique compared to other RTS games, and its uniqueness is what makes it so great, it really is quite fun.

Level 8
1. Final Fantasy Series
2. Warcraft 3
3. Prototype

1. I really love FF. I've played FF untill FFXII (except for 9 and XI), and also Crisis Core. i've yet to play Cerge of Cerberus, and i hoping to play XIII.

2. Who hates this game? And ever since Starcraft days I love making maps, what more with the mod-able Warcraft 3. :3

3. I don't know. I'm just playing it recently and it has been addicting to me. XD

Level 4
Diablo 2 LOD: Really good game. Played it since i was like 6. Played thru the game about 5 times.
Starwars Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast:Also a really good game. First starwars game i played. My favourite of the series.
Warcraft 3/Prince of Persia 1 The Sands of Time: Good games i played with my best friend as a kid.

Level 10
1: Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
If it were only the RTS element of the game, Warcraft wouldn't hold that much appeal for me. It would be fun for a while, but would be forgotten after a couple months, despite being a good game. But the World Editor turns a rock-solid RTS into literally anything you can think of, and no game to date can top that. Unfortunatly for Azeroth, however, it seems that Starcraft 2 will take this spot on it's release.
2: This changes depending on what I'm playing right now. The spot is currently held by Borderlands, a wonderful blend of RP'ing and FPS games.
3: Again, depends on what I play. Currently held by Deus Ex, a better RP game than those a decade later, plus a great FPS and stealth game.

Well the thing is the Zelda series goes out on several tangents, thus there a couple storylines even though the entire series is related. If you don't know which games belong to which story line then it makes little sense. (I think there's two main ones right now)

Ocarina of Time
Majors Mask
and link to the past

Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time

Level 14
1:Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne (Perfect storyline, with good graphics and a highly active moddin comunity)

2:Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Complete (Epic game for its age, and even now many people play it.)

3:Impossible Creatures (Well that game owned my childhood :p hours of addiction.)

Level 4
Why did you put a sadface after WoW? >_>

Because I don't like what it does to me. It makes me don't wanna go out with friends and stuff... WoW makes me lazy. :p

But when I look back, I see how much time I put on it and that I really had a good time. For me, the most important thing about games is how long you can play it before getting tired of it, and WoW beats many, many games on that point.

Level 18
My top three are

XBOX 360

Devil may cry 3 <-- little bit better than four, and i think Dante kicks ass. He doesn't as much in Number 4

Assassin's Creed 2 <-- Loads to do on it, lots of fun exploring and i like the new assassinations.

GTA IV <-- Physics are amazing, great graphics. And amazing Game-play and story line!

PC

Warcraft III : Frozen Throne<-- obviously, Great.

San andreas<-- Great online gameplay, Great mods.

Sims 3<-- LMAO, i dont know why, its fun.

Last edited:
Level 9
Mass Effect 2
Assassins Creed 2
Warcraft 3

Really? It seems a little biased to rank games like AC2 and ME2 when they've been out for only a relatively short amount of time. I feel its better to wait for the hype of new games to die down, so it allows a more crystallized perception of what you think the top 3 games you've ever played really were.

Level 18
Warcraft 3 RoC + TFT - It`s epic how Blizzard allowed users to mod in this game
LOTR: BFME 2 + The Witch King - beautiful effects and very good gameplay
Battlefield 2 + Special Forces - it`s just great

The only games I play and the only games I decided to spend money for.

Level 24
1. Half-Life - Its simply a classic when it comes to the fps genre, it is the best longest and most catching singleplayer fps game i have ever played.

2. Black & White - A new and original concept in almost every way, i found it very much enjoyable with the mix of puzzles, battles and just being a god. The only thing that pisses me off about the game however are all the bugs, first time playing i got stuck on world 3 because i put the wolves on fire and they ran into the buildings and killed everyone. It might just be me with a sense of nostalgia, but i find this to be the most fun game ever.

3. Halo: Combat Evolved or DotA/HoN - What game deserves this spot the most im unsure of, but i find both of them great. Halo because the storymode was awesome in a new and arcade-game'ish way, but also because playing multiplayer with friends is just fucken awesome. Every match is so so different in the game and when people play it they always tend to think abstract and do completely unexpected things. Then there is DotA/HoN, its actually not a very good game in sense of gameplay and balance, but there is just simply one thing that makes it so superior to every other game and that is because its extremely replayable and the better you get at it the more fun it is. There is simply no other game with this replayability development.

Status
Not open for further replies.