• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your Current Computer Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, post your rig already!

Brand: Custom built

Power supply: 600 Watt Ultra dual-rails, SLI compatible

Motherboard: Intel Bad Axe 2 Socket 775, Firewire, USB 2.0, 8 Channel onboard audio (Which I don't even use), Gigabit LAN, etc.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2.4 GHZ, air cooled.

Video card: ATi Radeon HD2600XT 512 MB PCI-E

RAM: 4 GB's (4 X 1 GB) OCZ Platinum Revision 2 PC2 6400, 800 MHZ DDR2 Dual-Channel

Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster XFi XtremeGamer

Internet Connection: Highspeed cable, 6 Mbit.

Router: D-Link, Wireless N (The very first N-draft router D-link ever made)

Speakers: 5.1 Logitech THX-compatible speakers. 280 watts combined power. Sub is the size of two cases of beer stacked on top of each other.

Monitor: Samsung 22" Widescreen with 2 MS response, dual signal, Analog and Digital

Disc drives: LG DVD Rom, LG Supermulti with Lightscribe.

Harddrives:
C:\GAMES Size= 160 GB (IDE)
D:\XP Size= 80 GB (SATA)
E:\MYBOOK Size= 1 TB (USB 2.0)
I also have a 40 GB harddrive connected via RAID card, but I'm still working on it, Windows doesn't detect it for some reason.

Keyboard: Microsoft Comfort Keyboard (I have horrible luck with spilling things on keyboards, and after wrecking my G15, I just started buying cheap keyboards)

Mouse: Logitech G3 Gaming Mouse

Acessories: Logitech Quickcam, Gaming Mic, XBOX 360 (It uses the Analog plug on my monitor so that I can easily switch between.)

So, that's my rig. Post your own!

Level 37
ASPIRE 7520G
- AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2.0 GHz, 2 x 512 KB L2 cache)
- Up to 1791MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS TurboCache
- 4GB DDR2
- 17'' WXGA+ Acer CrystalBrite LCD
- 640 GB dual HDD (320 GBx2)
- DVD-Super Multi DL
- 802.11b/g WLAN
- LAPTOP

Pretty ugly, but powerful. What do you think?
AS7520G402G16.jpg

Level 8
Hp dv2125nr

Microprocessor-1.6 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
Microprocessor Cache -2 X 256KB L2 Cache
Memory-1024MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video Graphics -NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA)
Hard Drive -120GB 5400RPM (SATA)
Multimedia Drive -LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support

Level 34
I will get my rig after I get a car. Right now I'm on my Dads and it sucks. Well it's decent for programs that don't require any graphics.

Integrated graphics ftl : (

Level 12
lets see what i remember

Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

Processor : Intel Core2 Quad CPU 2.4Ghz

RAM : 4GB

Harddrive : 250GB

Internet Connection : Wireless(i think its a NetGear usb thingy) which, according to my computer, gives me 54mb/s connection

Level 15
It's actually mostly similar to last time, just with about 7GB more RAM. :smile:

Finwe - Dell Vostro 1500 Laptop
- 15.4" screen
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.6GHz
- 4GB DDR2 RAM @ 667MHz
- GeForce 8600GT 512MB graphics (just waiting for it to fail any day now)
- 160GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
- Cheap integrated audio
- 89W/Hr battery cell (Hooray for 5-6 hours of battery life with wireless active)
- Windows XP Home 32-bit

Feanor - Audio Workstation
Custom built by me
- Antec Sonata 3 case with a 500W Earthwatts PSU
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
- 8GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz
- Gigabyte G33M-DS2R motherboard
- Intel G33 integrated video
- 2x320GB Western Digital 7200RPM SATA HDDs (RAID 1)
- 2x250GB Maxtor 7200RPM SATA HDDs
- Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound
- Various other pieces of studio sound hardware
- Windows XP Pro 64-bit

That's about it. :cool:

Last edited:
Level 36
Ah, 64-bit. Is it worth using yet? I hear still that there are a lot of problems with the XP version, let alone the Vista version.

I'll do my laptop. My PC listed above is titled BENDER.
*Fry*
HP Pavillion Dv9500 Laptop
17 Inch LCD Widescreen
Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5 GHZ
3062 MB DDR2 RAM
Mobile Intel Express 965 358 MB Graphics
Realtek HD Audio
140 GB Harddrive + MyBook Premium 500 GB External Firewire

That's about it. And Dan, how many limbs did you have to chop of to pay for the DDR3? *drool*

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I have a 3 years old piece of shit:
- some kind of Asus motherboard
- 2GB RAM
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+
- GeCube Ati Radeon X800GTO
- 250GB hdd + 1TB external one
- a god forsaken soundcard, integrated in the motherboard

Level 27
Liek dat?

Manufacturer:
GBT___
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory:
1024MB RAM
Hard Drive:
120 GB (It's 450 gb actually, i have 4.)
Video Card:
RADEON 9700 PRO
Monitor:
NEC LCD1701
Sound Card:
Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
-
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
-
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316)
Motherboard:
Computer Case:

Don't be fooled, some things don't even work XD

Level 15
Ah, 64-bit. Is it worth using yet? I hear still that there are a lot of problems with the XP version, let alone the Vista version.
I haven't had any issues yet, and it's worth it simply to support the 6GB of RAM.

That's about it. And Dan, how many limbs did you have to chop of to pay for the DDR3? *drool*
I don't have DDR3 yet, although I plan to build a Core i7 machine with an Intel X58 motherboard and crossfire/SLI, and that one will most certainly have DDR3. :wink: Just as soon as I sell my soul to pay for it all...

Level 2
... no ones going to believe me but whatever...

Main Computer:
ASUS Rampage Extreme LGA 775
Intel Core 2 Quad [email protected]
4gig CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3 2133 (when OCed i only have 2 gigs in)
x2 4870X2s OC@Core 800MHz RAM 3100Mhz
ASUS Xonar D2 (i think, its the PCI-E variant)
4 WD Velociraptor HDDs in RAID 0
Yes i run a full water cooling system with blocks from Dangerden and EK water blocks MOSFETs North and South and the grfx cards as well. If i do OC i use a compression system to drop the temp to about -35 to -40C but with the normal water cooling system i normally stay at about 45C normal and 62C at load. (note i run a dedicated 4 120mm radiator for the processor and MOSFETs).

Benchmarking Computer:
Intel Skulltrain dual LGA 771
2 Intel Core2 Extreme QX9775@ 4.52GHz
4gig CORSAIR Dominator DDR2 800 (but i switch them out for bench marking; not as much now though mostly benching DDR3 on the above system)
it currently has 3 Nvidia 280 (but i switch them out for bench marking)
Razor Barracuda Sound card (but i switch them out for bench marking; no one making sound cards as much)
2 WD Velociraptor HDDs in RAID 0 (but i switch them out for bench marking; fun had a 4x RAID 0 configuration of SSDs a few days ago couldn't keep them though) :[
runs a custom water cooling system for the Processor and bridges. If the parts call for a water cooling system i have tube extensions that can be added on.

More i keep reading the more i seam to leave out... im running Vista basic 64bit and yes there is a huge difference between its 32bit counter parts the problem people have with compatibility is Vista is designed to run on 64bit not 32bit when it was compiled. Also on top of it they don't know the difference between 32bit apps and 64bit so they f windows with incompatible drivers. i only got a SBC DSL 6mb line but im switching to FIOS when it gets here so i should get 50MBps down and 30MBps up im currently running a D-Link DGL-4500 Wireless N access point with the D-Link add on antenna. For my network im running a multimode duplex 10gig fiber optic network.

Another note for you Basic is the best out of all the releases of vista it comes with none of the extra crap so its faster than ultimate. sorry for spelling errors this keyboard was made for gaming not typing....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64

Is that even a valid overclock ratting? I mean its OCed by 58%, which seems a bit high, especially since usually to achive such a Overclock ratting people have had to resort to liquid nitrogen.

to drop the temp to about -35 to -40C
Yeh right, that sounds highly unlickly as those temperatures could probably damage the CPU in some way as well as you would have major problems with condensation inside your PC from the air around forming ice on the components since water freezes at 0°C let alone -40°C. Thus to do that you would have to stick the whole PC in oil to prevent the water shorting the components. Thus that temperature decrease is a bit sceptical.

Anyway it beats this PC by far.
3GHZ P4 with HT
2 GB (2*512 + 1024) Ram with unknown clock ratting
Motherboard based sound card.
160 GB HDD and 80 GB HDD,
AGP 7800 GS which preforms like a geforce 3 or older card for no apparent reason.
32 bit XP swiss edition.

Honestly this PC sucks, it used to run TES oblivion well but now it lags in diablo II.

Level 2
dude when i go to massive OCing contests people are using LN2 to cool there processors that's in the -100C iv seen the P4 get to 7GHz personally and online iv seen 8 some ware. 5.15GHz is standard iv seen people get to 6.2 on the we confirmed site too...

Level 15

Main Computer:

Nice rigs!!! Heaven help you though if one of your VelociRaptor drives fails.

How do you afford all that?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, but they do not run the PC with LN2 for long. Also they pour it as they run the thing, so the CPU does not cool down to -100°C.

What I am saying is what stops water condensing on the coolling system and shorting your PC out? As there is moisture in the air and we all know that it likes to condense on anything that is cool.

Level 34
Copying Wand, whooo:

Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 Ghz.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 Ghz. (it shows double in my list lulz)
Memory:
511MB RAM (I really got NO CLUE where that last RAMy is..)
Hard Drive:
250 Gigs
Video Card:
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
Monitor:
P&P Acer something..
Sound Card:
Got no clue actually.

-
XP, student edition (yeah, it's an illegal one which still can get updates)
Motherboard:
Uh.. Samsung SP2504C? I really got no idea xD

Level 2
No i used copper tubing for my water cooling system chance of leek is less than 1% if so i use non conductive thermal solutions so if it does get out it wont damage anything. I also insulate the board and use lip balm to prevent condensation of the motherboard. All of this will get replaced with the new Nehalem/I7 core of AMDs new CPUs that are coming out depending on which preforms better considering what i have heard from AMD is about to preform a complete 360 with stock clocks of 6000MHz FSB and a stock core speed of 4.4GHz and with plenty of room to OC since its going to have a stock multiplier of 20X and the available to go up to 24X making a 5ghz processor possible without tampering with the FSB speed. I build and sell computers for a living and have fun at it im putting up a website its still in the works but here is the link UGF o and im a computer networking technician. i have a small server rack in my room for folding at home and i also got a power mac G5 with the 8 cores in it.

Also almost forgot if one of my drives do fail its not that big of a problem i have a external network storage server that i throw my crap on.

Level 17

Main Computer:
Yes i run a full water cooling system with blocks from Dangerden and EK water blocks MOSFETs North and South and the grfx cards as well. If i do OC i use a compression system to drop the temp to about -35 to -40C but with the normal water cooling system i normally stay at about 45C normal and 62C at load. (note i run a dedicated 4 120mm radiator for the processor and MOSFETs).

Benchmarking Computer:
Intel Skulltrain dual LGA 771
2 Intel Core2 Extreme QX9775@ 4.52GHz
4gig CORSAIR Dominator DDR2 800 (but i switch them out for bench marking; not as much now though mostly benching DDR3 on the above system)
it currently has 3 Nvidia 280 (but i switch them out for bench marking)
Razor Barracuda Sound card (but i switch them out for bench marking; no one making sound cards as much)
2 WD Velociraptor HDDs in RAID 0 (but i switch them out for bench marking; fun had a 4x RAID 0 configuration of SSDs a few days ago couldn't keep them though) :[
runs a custom water cooling system for the Processor and bridges. If the parts call for a water cooling system i have tube extensions that can be added on.

More i keep reading the more i seam to leave out... im running Vista basic 64bit and yes there is a huge difference between its 32bit counter parts the problem people have with compatibility is Vista is designed to run on 64bit not 32bit when it was compiled. Also on top of it they don't know the difference between 32bit apps and 64bit so they f windows with incompatible drivers. i only got a SBC DSL 6mb line but im switching to FIOS when it gets here so i should get 50MBps down and 30MBps up im currently running a D-Link DGL-4500 Wireless N access point with the D-Link add on antenna. For my network im running a multimode duplex 10gig fiber optic network.

Another note for you Basic is the best out of all the releases of vista it comes with none of the extra crap so its faster than ultimate. sorry for spelling errors this keyboard was made for gaming not typing....
That is the most bull shit I have heard. Ever. There is no way in hell you reached that, not to mention with temperatures that low your going to DAMAGE your CPU.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The temperature that low would not damage the PC as the cooling only get that low when the PC is on and thus the CPU gets hot and so the 2 cancel each other out so the CPU would remain at normal and safe temperature.

However that temperature would damage the PC due to condensation. Water from the air would condence on the cold tubes and form ice. When the PC is turned off the ice would melt and so the PC would break. However this would not happen if the motherboard was submerged in oil for the obvious reason of there being no water to condence (and oil has a much lower freezing point).

The clock and the exact temperature cooling might be a bit exadurated, however it is possiable.

Level 2
thanks, no its not impossible im fairly sure its possible other wise i wouldn't have the computer...and no temps that "low" will not damage the CPU it does as the previous person stated does take the over all lifespan of the CPU down iv been through 2 cpus so far the last one was an older Q6600 the CPU core finely cracked on me. Depending on the application i ether use sandpaper and get rid of the zink and the machining grooves off the IHS or i remove the IHS for direct contact with the CPU Die itself (dont suggest this for normal users) kinda how the last one died...and dude look online there are people that push their rigs much much faster than me, i can only dream to OC like they do. Also may want to go to a overclockers convention so you can jest look at the rigs some guys put together. Also for the condensation bit yes i do insulate the board to prevent it from shorting.

Here take a look at some people OCing on Youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPGf49r6mg

Level 34
God damn you're loaded. Or you just spend every cent on your computer.

Are you some sort of graphic artist, or just a gamer that likes to have a PC that is overkill?

Level 2
lol no i jest work hard to make a living like everyone else i jest have a good job otherwise there is no way i would spend this much on a computer im a crysis fan i guess that makes me a gamer i jest want to play it maxed at 60+ Fps its a work of art and the fact i can interact with it jest makes it even better. I love to go back and look at past games i played years ago hell i recall playing WC1/WC2 on an old Power Mac G3 and when playing doom was the "$h1T". yes i still have both my WC2BNE and WC2...along with the old G3

Desktop computer:

Computer name: Awesome
Motherboard: MSI MS-7309 (Using Nvidia Nforce something?)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (~2.61ghz)
Ram: 2gb (2 x 1gb)
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 512mb (PCI-E) (it has some kind of a special cooling box, which doesn't make any sound at all)
Screen Monitor: Dell D2128-TCO AGP "21 (yeah, really huge computer screen)
Sound: Realtek HD Audio
Network: Nvidia Nforce Networking something?
Harddrive: Western Digital 500gb (SATA)
Mouse: Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse
Keyboard: A4Tech A-Shaped Keyboard
TV-Card: Labtec TV AV Capture Tuner (Analog)
Speaker: Logitech 2.1 Speaker something? (Great bass though)
CD/DVD Drives:
- LG (CD 52x, DVD 16x, burns CD discs)
- Some CD/DVD burning drive (Slower DVD reader though)
Floppy Drive 2.5" (used for booting Windows 2000 a long time ago).

Powerful enough to play the newest games properly.
Recently bought this upgrade package (minus OS, cd/dvd drives, Mouse, TV-Card, Keyboard and Monitor) because my old desktop computer is good as dead.

Notebook computer:

Zepto Znote 6314w
Computer Name: Oobio
Motherboard: Zepto's own motherboard?
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core 1.6ghz
Ram: 1gb
Graphic: Nvidia Gefore 7600 Go 256mb
Monitor: 14"
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (different than the one in my desktop computer, because this one doesn't support Stereo Mix recording :cry: )
Network:
- 1gb Ethernet Network something?
- Wireless Network
Harddrive: 60gb
Mouse: The one that came with my Wacom Intuos3 A5
CD Drive: Some CD/DVD burning drive

It was good for 3D game playing until one year later, then most 3d games freezed after 3-10 minutes of game play (including Warcraft III).
Otherwise, it's useful for surfing, 2D gaming (mostly emulators), drawing, music composition, video editing, plus for using in school.
So if you want a gaming notebook, DON'T BUY A ZEPTO.

External computer stuffs:

Harddrive:
- Western Digital 250gb USB
- Buffalo 4gb USB, PQ1 2gb USB
- SanDisk Cruzer Mini 128mb USB
Headphone:
- Electronics Wireless Headphone (great bass)
Joysticks:
- Rockfire PS1 to PC adapter USB
- 2xPS1/PS2 to PC adapter USB
- Saitek Gamepad (8 buttons)
I have liek six PS1 controllers (I do own a PS, and a Multitap for it)
Mobile broadband adapter:
- Huawei Mobile Connect somthing?
Tablet:
- Wacom Intuos3 A5 (I love this device)

Level 17

CPU: 4 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz
CPU Speed: 2.50 GHz Performance Rated at 7.32 GHz
Ram: 3 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (GeForce 9600 GT)
Video Ram: 1.7 GB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: 4.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: 4.0

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001) --> I know.. =(

Got it for 850 euro but it included a game worth 50 so the actual prize of the pc was 800 euro.

It's actually mostly similar to last time, just with about 7GB more RAM. :smile:

Finwe - Dell Vostro 1500 Laptop
- 15.4" screen
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.6GHz
- 4GB DDR2 RAM @ 667MHz
- GeForce 8600GT 512MB graphics (just waiting for it to fail any day now)
- 160GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
- Cheap integrated audio
- 89W/Hr battery cell (Hooray for 5-6 hours of battery life with wireless active)
- Windows XP Home 32-bit

Heh, kinda similar to mine.

Vostro 1700 Laptop
-19" screen :D
Intel core 2 centrino duo @ 2.2GHz
- 2GB RAM
- Same graphics card (Nvidia 8600M GT 512MB), and it sucks. I want to upgrade it.
- Some basic audio thingy
- Some battery that I can get ~4 hours of battery life on
- Vista Business 32-bit + Ubuntu (I'd use the latter more often, but Wine is crap)
- An actual numpad! :D

I was on a budget so I had to choose between 4MB RAM and 1.7GHz processors, or 2GB RAM and 2.2GHz processors. I went for the latter because processors are much harder to upgrade than RAM (even though upgrading anything on a laptop is pretty hard lol), but I wish I just borrowed more from my parents so it could've been better.

Cost me ~£780, excluding the whopping 17% VAT. I had it up to £950 or so before I found out about the VAT and had to downgrade ;~;

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Then you would want a weaker graphic card as the stronger the graphic card, the more power it uses as an overhead and so the shorter the battery life. Also do not think you can actually play games on a stronger laptop without it being plugged in, as it would run through the battery in no time.

Level 12
Meh I just built my first computer, and managed to get away with a VERY low price, and its pretty different from my old desktop xD

OLD

- 2.53 Ghz Intel Celeron Air Cooled Processor :ugly:
- 512 mb RAM
- Onboard 68mb Video Card
- 160gb Hard Disk
- 15 inch Flatscreen Monitor
- Wireless Mouse and Keyboard
- 5.1 Sorround Sound

NEW

- 2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Quad Air cooled processor
- 8 gb RAM (4x 2gb)
- ATI Radeon Saphire 256 mb Video Card (buying a better one right now)
- Crossfire supporting AMD p45 motherboard
- 500 gb Hard Disk
- Same Monitor
- Gaming Mouse and Keyboard
- 5.1 Sorround Sound
- Custom Case
- Super Powered CPU cooler with LED's :xxd:

Yeah. I'm buying another 500 gb hard disk in the next few days, and two powerful video cards, now that I've saved up enough once again.
Believe it or not, the price tag for my whole Rig (not including Monitor of and Sound of course) was 350 Euros. God bless Ebay.

:pal: Hellblazer-14 :pal:

Level 36
God bless no support. If shit breaks down you're turning to the internet.

On top of that, how the hell do you have an AMD motherboard with a Core 2 Quad, again?

Further more, are you using terrible 64-bit Windows to access all 8 GB's of that RAM? If not, why bother with the extra?

Level 6
Core Specifications
Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
Processor: Intel Pentium II 400 Mhz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400
RAM: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 6 Gb
Accessories
1 32x CD-ROM drive
1 Floppy Drive
2 USB ports
1 Network (Ethernet) port